Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never, never again!!!

Options
  • 09-03-2015 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

To say that Eircom is the most inept company I have ever dealt with, is the biggest understatement of the year.

Firstly, I sign up and I'm told it will take 3-4 working days till my connection; fair enough. Two weeks later and still no connection. Over to the shop and try to see what the story is. 'Oh, it's not down to be connected until the 16th'. Well why didn't you tell me that??

Fast forward to the 7th of March, where I have bb for a whole 2 1/2 weeks, suddenly it just drops, as I'm in the middle of work. Two hours on the phone, where they couldn't even tell me that my account existed, so I had to drive the 13 miles back to the shop to try to figure if my account actually existed. Another hour and it turns out I do have an account. I'm then put onto customer support where they tell me there is an issue and they will send out a technician to sort it. I ask whether he needs access to my house and I'm told no and that it'll be sorted by today at the latest.
    So I arrive home, and low and behold, no bb! I ring again and I'm passed to three different departments. Eventually, I'm told that a technician called on Friday and couldn't gain access to the house. I tell him that that couldn't be possible as I was told that he wouldn't need access. Another hour being passes from department to department where I'm told that I can't exit my contract and the cancellation few will be 300 and something Euro, for a service that doesn't exist.
    So, I've no choice but to arrange another meeting with the technician, Wed 8.30 -10.30 or Thursday 14.00-16.00. I made the person on the other end aware of the fact that we both work and that there would be no one here, he told that that is not his problem and it's up to me.

In the midst of this whole procedure I Pm'd eircom Alan, I think on the 8th, asking for assistance, but needless to say, I received nothing back.

To anyone out there, who is thinking about signing up to Eircom, don't!!!!!!! Alarm bells sounded when I was told that there was no cooling off period in which to test the connection.

I blame myself. I did my research, I looked at all the other negative threads here and thought, no, I'll be fine. So here I am, with no bb and having to arrange for my dad to come back to my house, 20 miles from his own, to sit here and supervise a technician who didn't even try to contact me in the first place.

So Eircom, thank you. You truly have taught me lesson !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭swoofer

Make a formal complaint in writing to Eircom and copy comreg in,  Eircom cant hold  you that a contract that is not been honoured.   

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

80s Child wrote: »
    To say that Eircom is the most inept company I have ever dealt with, is the biggest understatement of the year.

Firstly, I sign up and I'm told it will take 3-4 working days till my connection; fair enough. Two weeks later and still no connection. Over to the shop and try to see what the story is. 'Oh, it's not down to be connected until the 16th'. Well why didn't you tell me that??

Fast forward to the 7th of March, where I have bb for a whole 2 1/2 weeks, suddenly it just drops, as I'm in the middle of work.  Two hours on the phone, where they couldn't even tell me that my account existed, so I had to drive the 13 miles back to the shop to try to figure if my account actually existed. Another hour and it turns out I do have an account. I'm then put onto customer support  where they tell me there is an issue and they will send out a technician to sort it. I ask whether he needs access to my house and I'm told no and that it'll be sorted by today at the latest.
    So I arrive home, and low and behold, no bb! I ring again and I'm passed to three different departments. Eventually, I'm told that a technician called on Friday and couldn't gain access to the house. I tell him that that couldn't be possible as I was told that he wouldn't need access. Another hour being passes from department to department where I'm told that I can't exit my contract and the cancellation few will be 300 and something Euro, for a service that doesn't exist.
    So, I've no choice but to arrange another meeting with the technician, Wed 8.30 -10.30 or Thursday 14.00-16.00. I made the person on the other end aware of the fact that we both work and that there would be no one here, he told that that is not his problem and it's up to me.

In the midst of this whole procedure I Pm'd eircom Alan, I think on the 8th,  asking for assistance, but needless to say, I received nothing back.

To anyone out there, who is thinking about signing up to Eircom, don't!!!!!!! Alarm bells sounded when I was told that there was no cooling off period in which to test the connection.

I blame myself. I did my research, I looked at all the other negative threads here and thought, no, I'll be fine. So here I am, with no bb and having to arrange for my dad to come back to my house, 20 miles from his own, to sit here and supervise a technician who didn't even try to contact me in the first place.

So Eircom, thank you. You truly have taught me lesson !!!
    Hi 80s Child

I see you had PM'd me last week however there was no post linked or Account details to follow up on. Apologies for the delays.

If you would like to PM me your land line number or eircom account number I will be happy to look in to this further.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Just following up with a pm i sent to Alan:

So Alan,

I set up an appointment with a 'Technical person' to call between 8.30 and 10.00 this morning, he arrived at 10.50. He proceeded to inform my sister, who sat in my house waiting for your worker for over two hours, that broadband had never been in this house before and that a line needed to be put in. I find this difficult to believe, considering we had bb for two weeks. Unfortunately, he was a fixer, not someone who laid the line and it would take about a week for someone to come out.

Alan, if this isn't the most ludicrous story ever, I just don't know what is. And still, in the midst of all of this, we are without bb, which we both need for our jobs.

My no. Is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

And by the way, I've rang customer care three times and on all occasions, they've hung up on me.

What a company!!!

For anyone else out there thinking of joining!!!

Just following up with a pm i sent to Alan:

So Alan,

I set up an appointment with a 'Technical person' to call between 8.30 and 10.00 this morning, he arrived at 10.50. He proceeded to inform my sister, who sat in my house waiting for your worker for over two hours, that broadband had never been in this house before and that a line needed to be put in. I find this difficult to believe, considering we had bb for two weeks. Unfortunately, he was a fixer, not someone who laid the line and it would take about a week for someone to come out.

Alan, if this isn't the most ludicrous story ever, I just don't know what is. And still, in the midst of all of this, we are without bb, which we both need for our jobs.

My no. Is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

And by the way, I've rang customer care three times and on all occasions, they've hung up on me.

What a company!!!

For anyone else out there thinking of joining!!!
    Hi 80s Child

I am sorry to hear of this and I did receive your PM a couple of minutes ago. The PM you recently sent is the first time I have obtained the information to acces your existing account.

I will request clarification from our technical support team and update you as soon as I have more infromation

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

swoofer wrote: »
    Make a formal complaint in writing to Eircom and copy comreg in,  Eircom cant hold  you that a contract that is not been honoured.   
    simple as that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Just to keep those who are followinh this up to date, I sent this earlier today:

Hi Alan,

Just wondering if there is any follow up from your side or if you can tell me anything new??

80s

Just to keep those who are followinh this up to date, I sent this earlier today:

Hi Alan,

Just wondering if there is any follow up from your side or if you can tell me anything new??

80s
    Hi 80s Child

Yes I had received this earlier and I have been waiting to try and possible have an update today before getting back to you however unfortunately I have no further update. As soon as I have more information I'll let you know right away

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Totally agree.  My experience with them is horrendous.  Took 4/5 weeks to get a landline installed, they said I could get broadband and phone service etc.   When my phone was connected, I was told the line was too thin to carry broadband.  Simply insane considering my next-door neighbor has eircom internet.  Every person I talked to had no knowledge of any issues, so I had to start from the beginning.  Took ages to get them to cancel my account and after that, took months after disconnection to get them to stop billing me!  The whole company is a joke.

Advertisement