Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Half St.Patrick's Day

Options
  • 09-03-2015 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

First race on my calendar this year. Looking forward to it.
    The course looks hilly but that's all part of the fun I suppose.
    Anyone doing it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jahaco

Has registration just closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mattym

Am I right in saying that you need to give at least a 5 euro donation as well as the entry? Is seems so during the online entry.

Am I right in saying that you need to give at least a 5 euro donation as well as the entry? Is seems so during the online entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

mattym wrote: »

I noticed that about the booking. Seems that you have to give an 'optional' donation, which I think is quite bad. It makes the 10k €30 which is rather steep.

Anyway, it seems that booking is closed now.

• Advertisement

There are too many races about now to bother with one that pulls a stunt like that. Very disappointing...

There are too many races about now to bother with one that pulls a stunt like that. Very disappointing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Booking is still open on Precision Timing until Noon on Thursday. I have just signed up for the 1/2 as a training run. The donation is just an optional field that can be ignored.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Booking is still open on Precision Timing until Noon on Thursday. I have just signed up for the 1/2 as a training run. The donation is just an optional field that can be ignored.

I'm already booked in for the half but others who were going to do the 10 were telling me you HAVE to donate. I said that that was wrong, but sure enough when I checked it wouldn't let them book without choosing how much to donate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

I'm already booked in for the half but others who were going to do the 10 were telling me you HAVE to donate. I said that that was wrong, but sure enough when I checked it wouldn't let them book without choosing how much to donate.

I have just tried it on the Precision Timing website and it is not a required field. I could by-pass it and go on to the payment page.

• Advertisement

pistol_75 wrote: »
    I have just tried it on the Precision Timing website and it is not a required field. I could by-pass it and go on to the payment page.

I got my number in the post yesterday. Was wondering why the site was closed though when others were booking. They must have fixed it. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

It wouldn't let me book on PT without the donation. I was down to do the Wicklow Gaol half the following Saturday but something came up.
    35 notes is steep. Not much info on the race either. Hoping for some water stations along the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Looking at the route there's no water stations marked in, so I figured I'd be bringing a bottle along with me.

This is my first half it's all been 10k's up to now and my knee started playing up yesterday evening, TBH at this stage I'm kinda of anxious about it. That said I'm looking forward to the challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Its a 2 lap course. Last year I remember there being at least 2 water stops on the course as well as the start/finish area so at least 5 water points on the course I think?

Best of luck to everyone taking part. I'll be the on in tears from 15k on lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Stevo1983 wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone taking part. I'll be the on in tears from 15k on lol.

The way my knee is going, I'll be in tears before you. This is my first half so I've a steady mix of excitement and anxiety.
    Best of luck to everyone.

Great race this morning. I hit 1:37.
    Well marshalled and enough water stops too.

Stevo1983 wrote: »
    Great race this morning. I hit 1:37.
    Well marshalled and enough water stops too.

Well done. Were you far in front of the pacer?

Loads of water stations. The only thing I'd say is that they should give out the smaller bottles on the course and keep the smaller ones for the finish.

Very enjoyable run. Nice cup of tea after!

Thanks. I was with him until just over 20k and pushed on a little.

Good stuff. I was with him until the hill at the end then I pushed what was left in the tank! He was a good laugh and very helpful.

Any ideas if/when the chip times go up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Good stuff. I was with him until the hill at the end then I pushed what was left in the tank! He was a good laugh and very helpful.

Any ideas if/when the chip times go up?

Results online : http://www.precisiontiming.net/result.aspx?v=2468

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

I signed up for this race mostly because I wanted to support such a super cause and I'm delighted I did, having raced on Sunday and the week before I was running this as a long run, it turned out to be a very pleasant long run:D

Really well organised with plenty of friendly and knowledgeable marshalls along with lots of super local support. The rolling hills were surrounded by wonderful conutryside and the cup of tea and biscuits were very welcome afterwards.
    Congrats to all who ran:D and well done to Ballbrigan Cancer Support centre for all their hard work in this event and throughout the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Marthastew wrote: »

Really well organised with plenty of friendly and knowledgeable marshalls
    did u ask dem any questions:)....a couple from the club ran and said it was great aswell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭RuMan

10k and half on again this year, early bird prices until end of month. Details here -

http://www.balbriggan.info/balbriggan-cancer-support-group-10khalf-marathon/

Advertisement