Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled or not.

Options
  • 09-03-2015 8:01pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I rang to cancel our landline with Eircom in early Feb. I did not want to keep the number as we will be transferring to Vodafone for fibre broadband (no landline) and will not need the phone number. The Eircom rep said the line would be closed within 48 hours. When I rang Vodafone immediately after, they confirmed that the line was indeed terminated and that they would have to wait for the month to be up to sort the fibre bb.

Lo and behold, a bill from Eircom on Friday including line rental for March/ April.
    Following a long delay to Eircom from my mobile today, I was told that the landline was NOT cancelled (despite there being no dialtone/ incoming calls since the stat of Feb) and that I would have to pay line rental until Vodfone took over the (as far as I had been told) cancelled account.

Needless to say I am not a happy camper.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I rang to cancel our landline with Eircom in early Feb. I did not want to keep the number as we will be transferring to Vodafone for fibre broadband (no landline) and will not need the phone number. The Eircom rep said the line would be closed within 48 hours. When I rang Vodafone immediately after, they confirmed that the line was indeed terminated and that they would have to wait for the month to be up to sort the fibre bb.

Lo and behold, a bill from Eircom on Friday  including line rental for March/ April.
    Following a long delay to Eircom  from my mobile today, I was told that the landline was NOT cancelled (despite there being no dialtone/ incoming calls since the stat of Feb) and that I would have to pay line rental until Vodfone took over the (as far as I had been told) cancelled account.

Needless to say I am not a happy camper.
    Very sorry to hear this byhookorbycrook

Please PM me the eircom account number and I will investigate this further for you

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement