Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling in the street

Options
  • 09-03-2015 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Can anyone advise is it legal to sell goods on the streets. I have an idea to sell a souvenir type product at an up and coming event. Do I need a license or a permit? I don't propose to set up a stall, just to sell by standing / walking on the streets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You need a license I think they cost around €80. That link relates to Dublin you will need to check with your council if you live elsewhere. If it at event you may need to buy a plot or something similar to be able to trade there as well depending on what the event is.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 justaguy112

Can anyone advise is it legal to sell goods on the streets. I have an idea to sell a souvenir type product at an up and coming event. Do I need a license or a permit? I don't propose to set up a stall, just to sell by standing / walking on the streets

Thanks a mill for your reply Jimmii. So guys, for example, that sell flags at matches, t-shirts at concerts, have / should have a licence? I would be doing something similar without setting up a stall.

Thanks a mill for your reply Jimmii. So guys, for example, that sell flags at matches, t-shirts at concerts, have / should have a licence? I would be doing something similar without setting up a stall.

They should do whether they actually do or not is another matter. If its in Dublin you would want to make sure you don't step onto someone elses "patch" I think the street selling around the city is mostly by established people.

jimmii wrote: »
    They should do whether they actually do or not is another matter. If its in Dublin you would want to make sure you don't step onto someone elses "patch" I think the street selling around the city is mostly by established people.

Ok thanks, initially it would be outside Dublin but dependant on the success or otherwise I may look at opportunities in Dublin.

Ok thanks, initially it would be outside Dublin but dependant on the success or otherwise I may look at opportunities in Dublin.

Good luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you're in Galway, you need to be giving stuff away for a donation rather than selling it for a price. And don't be letting the community wardens hear you tell people what the suggested donation is.

I don't know about other towns.

If you're in Galway, you need to be giving stuff away for a donation rather than selling it for a price. And don't be letting the community wardens hear you tell people what the suggested donation is.

I don't know about other towns.

ok so is that a "donation" in inverted commas? Wink,wink?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ok so is that a "donation" in inverted commas? Wink,wink?

It would be best advised if people didn't suggest ways to break/avoid the law on a business forum..'wink,wink'

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

My lips are sealed.

But some people will ask you what the suggested donation is. You need to have an answer to this question which will not cause the CWs to get you removed from the street.

Advertisement