Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visa debit and credit card not working abroad

Options
  • 09-03-2015 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi my name is Una. I am on holidays in the US and canada for 2 weeks. I was in New York last week and my credit card worked fine, was able to withdraw money from it. I tried taking out money today in Montreal numerous times and it said "transaction cancelled, contact your local branch. 
    I have sufficient funds on my credit card and in my current account with my debit card, unsure why this is happening.

Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Warm regards,
    Una

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Could be fraud protection on your account since you are using it abroad which is a great feature but should be resolved by contacting the number on the back for outside Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

u.lyons wrote: »
    Hi my name is Una. I am on holidays in the US and canada for 2 weeks. I was in New York last week and my credit card worked fine, was able to withdraw money from it. I tried taking out money today in Montreal numerous times and it said "transaction cancelled, contact your local branch. 
    I have sufficient funds on my credit card and in my current account with my debit card, unsure why this is happening.

Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Warm regards,
    Una
    Hi Una,

Thanks for contacting us and welcome to Boards.ie

We're sorry to hear this.

If you call Credit Card Services on +353 56 7757747 a representative will be happy to look into this as a matter of urgency.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 u.lyons

Hi Una,

Thanks for contacting us and welcome to Boards.ie

We're sorry to hear this.

If you call Credit Card Services on +353 56 7757747 a representative will be happy to look into this as a matter of urgency.

Thanks

Billy

Hi Billy,

Thank you for getting back to me, rang the credit card services yesterday. They said it was not a fault on their part and they took my details incase it was due to fraud protection.
    Think it is just the ATMs over here as I was able to pay for things with my card, but unable to take out cash.

Thank you for your assistance,
    Warm regards,
    Una

Advertisement