Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyclist Magazine

• 09-03-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭

A great article on the Sally Gap/Wicklow Gap route in this month's Cyclist magazine-some very cool photography to go with it.

Thought it was pretty special that the section that normally features these exotic and iconic routes around the world feature the roads that we are lucky to be able to ride any day of the week..Nice also to see a UK magazine featuring an Irish route for the second time in a year-they had a feature on the Tour de Connemara last year-would love to see them do one on the Sean Kelly too..

Features 2 of the fellas from Harry's Bikes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

What magazine it is. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

bazermc wrote: »
    What magazine it is. ?

good article, its in this mag http://cyclistmag.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭jrar

None of my local newsagents stock it but any time I go thru the airport, I nip in to WH Smiths and get a copy. Quality mag. with good articles and great photography.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

Read it the other day. Great article and terrific photos. Riddled with errors though (Obama visit, QE2 visit +++)

Nonetheless, it can be got electronically via the Cyclist app for €5.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Read it the other day. Great article and terrific photos. Riddled with errors though (Obama visit, QE2 visit +++)

Nonetheless, it can be got electronically via the Cyclist app for €5.99

Yes, and I got the feeling that they thought the Royal Marine Hotel was in the city centre, too..

Never heard that story about the imported sand in the Guinness estate either..leg pull on the "Mainlanders"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

ckeego wrote: »
    Yes, and I got the feeling that they thought the Royal Marine Hotel was in the city centre, too..

Never heard that story about the imported sand in the Guinness estate either..leg pull on the "Mainlanders"?

Them's the ones. Pity they didn't get it proof read locally as otherwise it's a very good article.

Although I'll admit to not knowing whether the sand story is true or not....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

They should also have stopped for the best coffee in the county at Mystic Picnic in Roundwood!

Advertisement