Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patricks Day

Options
  • 09-03-2015 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi, I work for a large multinational company.
    My shift on March 16th will run 50 mins into St Patricks Day. i.e. finish at 12.50am and I will have St. Patricks Day off with 8 hours Bank Holiday pay.
    Am I entitled to over time for the portion of Patricks Day I will have to work.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

I doubt it.

In my experience the work day is traditionally recorded as the day that the shift starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What does your contract say? Do you normally get overtime on small portions of public holidays? TBH, I'd be very surprised if you do - and I wouldn't be raising the issue for the sake of 50 minutes of overtime myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I would doubt it and tbh if it was me I'd leave it. 50 minutes of overtime pay after tax is not worth pissing people off over.

Advertisement