Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst thing that can happen when a learner driver (17) is found unaccompanied without

• 09-03-2015 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi lads, I'm on the road in a month and I'm just wondering what is the worst that can happen when a learner driver is found unaccompanied or is it just the case of the type of Garda you meet?😉ðŸ˜Â

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭I Am_Not_Ice

Depends. Ordinarily, you'd have to forfeit a major internal organ of the state's choosing; surrender any and all future children you may conceive to the care of one Mrs. Fidelma McEnstrapp, a shunned widow-woman from the depths of Co. Leitrim who will no doubt banish them to a nearby forest to be raised by wolves; and, perhaps most disconcerting of all, be forced to represent Ireland in next year's Eurovision Song Contest whilst dressed as a slightly less masculine analog of Linda Martin.

Or you might just get a few penalty points and a slap on the wrist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

Janspeed98 wrote: »
    Hi lads, I'm on the road in a month and I'm just wondering what is the worst that can happen when a learner driver is found unaccompanied or is it just the case of the type of Garda you meet?😉ðŸ˜Â

It depends on the MOOD of Garda you meet. You might be lucky to get away with just a warning or unlucky to get 3 (?) points on your permit and 80 euro fine. Or even get the both + be done for "dangerous driving" or something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

2 penalty points and €80 fine on the spot, 4 points plus €120 fine if convicted in court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

2 points and an 80 quid fine? Sure that's handy.

It was a lot worse when you could get done for driving without a licence...

This new law seems backwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

loobylou wrote:
    2 penalty points and €80 fine on the spot, 4 points plus €120 fine if convicted in court.

This.
    Also, your insurance is subject to certain terms and conditions. If you have an accident as a learner and don't have a full license holder with you, you could well find your insurance is null and void, and you could get sued.

• Advertisement
Advertisement