Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self employed pensions

Options
  • 09-03-2015 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, my dad is self employed his whole life. Is he entitled to any state pension/payment. I can't make sense out of the wording on some treads here or citizeninformation. It's just not simple.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

It all depends what PRSI contributions he has paid over the years. A trip to his local Citizens Info office would help explain it but first it might be an idea to apply to get a copy of his insurance contributions over the years and bring that with him to Cit Info, they should be able to work out what pension he is likely to get.

https://www.welfare.ie/en/pages/secure/RequestSIContributionRecord.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

WORRZELL wrote: »
    Hi, my dad is self employed his whole life. Is he entitled to any state pension/payment. I can't make sense out of the wording on some treads here or citizeninformation. It's just not simple.

First thing: has he paid PRSI? At what class, and for how long? That is your starting point.

Advertisement