Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short distance directional out-door point-to-point hardware

Options
  • 09-03-2015 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have offices in one building, and new offices going across the road, line-of-sight.

Running a cable isin't a solution, so point-to-point wif-fi link acting as a bridge is the best solution?

I was looking at this: http://www.irishwireless.net/point-to-point-kits/ens200-ptp-kit

I'd like to buy a plug-and-play kit, rather than individual items.

Has anyone experience with this hardware? Or offer any alternatives?

This is the ideal scenario:
    Main Building (router & switch) => ENS Bridge - ENS Bridge <= New building (switch)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Even if you buy a kit it'll require configuration and setup.

Get some Ubiquity Nanostations running on 5Ghz, far less noise on those bands at the moment. 2X nanostations, 2x mounts, 2x PoE injectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ED E wrote: »
    Even if you buy a kit it'll require configuration and setup.

Get some Ubiquity Nanostations running on 5Ghz, far less noise on those bands at the moment. 2X nanostations, 2x mounts, 2x PoE injectors.

Took your advise and going to go with 2 x N5's, 5GHz... there's lots of 2.4GHz networks in the area.

Thanks

Advertisement