Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Fantasy Baseball (non-keeper) league 2015

• 09-03-2015 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭

A bit later than planned here is a thread for people to register their interest in a non-keeper fantasy baseball league. As usual this league will be a head-to-head with upto 16 teams. We'll probably need at least 10 to go ahead.

So far we have ...
    1. Moyvilla9
    2. smackbunnybaby
    3. Benimar
    4. Coeus

Those interested feel free to post here or PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Coeus wrote: »
    A bit later than planned here is a thread for people to register their interest in a non-keeper fantasy baseball league. As usual this league will be a head-to-head with upto 16 teams. We'll probably need at least 10 to go ahead.

So far we have ...
    1. Moyvilla9
    2. smackbunnybaby
    3. Benimar
    4. Coeus

Those interested feel free to post here or PM me.

Yep, why not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭FuzzyDunlop100

I'd love to join!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Hopefully a few from last year are interested in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Updated list of players...
    1. Moyvilla9
    2. smackbunnybaby
    3. Benimar
    4. Coeus
    5. 8-10
    6. FuzzyDunlop100
    7. hursty1886

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 lankythecamel

count me in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Doesn't seem to be as much uptake this year?
    Do we think it will go ahead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Doesn't seem to be as much uptake this year?
    Do we think it will go ahead?

Maybe the Commissioner could PM anyone from last years league who hasn't posted here?

Apologies to the Commissioner for giving him work!!

Also, I know we have had 14-16 before but 'traditional' leagues run with 10 and I'd be happy to go with that if needs be.

Yeah I think if we get 10 we should go with it.

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Yeah I think if we get 10 we should go with it.
    Agree on that, we could even go with 8 but we still have nearly 2 weeks to opening day so plenty of time for others to join...

1. Moyvilla9
    2. smackbunnybaby
    3. Benimar
    4. Coeus
    5. 8-10
    6. FuzzyDunlop100
    7. hursty1886
    8. lankythecamel

So, will we go ahead? We will need to draft this week if we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 lankythecamel

Yes go ahead

Yep go for it.

Okay, I have renewed the league. I have added 2 extra rosters spots (1 MI and 1 RP to compensate for there been less managers).

Have set the draft for this Thurs @ 2200. Was going to do Sunday but it saying for head to head leagues to include week 1 the draft needs to be done before then. I'll PM the join link in a bit.

Any other suggestions are welcome...

Just checked the league there, there are currently 6 teams in. There is one new manager via pm so if we can get one more before Thursday we will have 10...

1. Moyvilla9
    2. smackbunnybaby
    3. Benimar
    4. Coeus
    5. 8-10
    6. FuzzyDunlop100
    7. hursty1886
    8. lankythecamel
    9. mikemac1 (via pm)

Hey Guys, just checked the league there and I 7 teams registered. We will need a even number to draft tonight a head-to-head league tonight. I'll check again later and if I see 8 teams I finalize the league otherwise I may have to move the draft to Sunday evening sometime. I'll post another update later...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭boccy23

Hi Coeus

I have no redraft league this year.

If you wish, I'll join.

What time have you pencilled in for the draft?

boccy23 wrote: »
    Hi Coeus

I have no redraft league this year.

If you wish, I'll join.

What time have you pencilled in for the draft?
    Yes, sure, I'll PM the link in a bit. It might only be an 8 teamer but most of the guys are fairly active. Draft is set for 10PM tonight, I'll confirm later once I finalize the league...

Cheers. Sounds good.

Yes, sure, I'll PM the link in a bit. It might only be an 8 teamer but most of the guys are fairly active. Draft is set for 10PM tonight, I'll confirm later once I finalize the league...

I'd it's only 8 players is there a chance of making it AL or NL only? Or have both separately? Or really deep rosters?

8 teams mixed with standard rosters is tiny

8-10 wrote: »
    I'd it's only 8 players is there a chance of making it AL or NL only? Or have both separately? Or really deep rosters?

If we are making changes I'd rather we expand the rosters. At this stage most of us have done our research based on a mixed league so I wouldn't like to change now...or delay the draft. Easter weekend isn't a good time for it.

• Advertisement

I was thinking about this on the way home and agree with Benimar that it is best to expand the rosters. Currently the following is set

C , 1B , 2B, 3B, MI ,OF x 3, UTL x 2, SP x 3, RP x 3, P x 4, Bench x 5, DL, NA

So 10 scoring hitting positions, 10 scoring pitching positions. Yahoo says 30 total positions is the max

Also agree that the draft has to be tonight with the weekend that is in it. I currently see 8 team so I have finalized the league. Draft order will be random and be snake thereafter...

Any suggestions are welcome. I'll be back in a bit after I've had me dinner...

I was thinking about this on the way home and agree with Benimar that it is best to expand the rosters. Currently the following is set

So 10 scoring hitting positions, 10 scoring pitching positions. Yahoo says 30 total positions is the max

Also agree that the draft has to be tonight with the weekend that is in it. I currently see 8 team so I have finalized the league. Draft order will be random and be snake thereafter...

Oh haha I left it too late and won't let me join the league. All that research for nothing.

so you can ignore my concerns about roster size. Enjoy guys.

Add a CI and another SP?

Oh haha I left it too late and won't let me join the league. All that research for nothing.

so you can ignore my concerns about roster size. Enjoy guys.
    Oh I thought you were in since you were posting ;-) Sorry about that but I had to click the finalize button before 2100 :(

Someone else didn't sign up either hence we only have 8...

Benimar wrote: »
    Add a CI and another SP?
    Could do that! Was looking at the roster positions there, I could make the 3 OF positions RF, CF, LF aswell. I can still adjust the roster makeup from what I can see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

We can't hold off to another night so we can move from 8 to 10?

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I could do tomorrow but it may not suit others. That said is is Good Friday and people may not be upto much. We'd still have to find 1, possibly 2 and that could be a stretch given the slow uptake this year...

mikemac1 wrote: »

No guarantee we would get the 10th though. There is no word from them and they haven't registered.

Smooth draft. I might have got a dud in Kris Bryant but had to take the chance.

• Advertisement

Its worth the risk. High upside and if he crashes and burns you will pick up someone reasonably decent on the waiver wire in an 8 team league.

Yes, I was looking at taking him too!!

You're trolling, right :)

I was just about to draft him when you snapped him up a pick or 2 ahead of me. I'm more than happy to take a chance on him via a trade ;)

You're trolling, right :)

I was just about to draft him when you snapped him up a pick or 2 ahead of me. I'm more than happy to take a chance on him via a trade ;)

Everyone has their price! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hursty1886

Lads I genuinely missed the draft cos the WiFi in work was down, auto draft done me a solid though.
    Just in case you thought I was a no show for the league in general.
    Looking forward to it.

hursty1886 wrote: »
    Lads I genuinely missed the draft cos the WiFi in work was down, auto draft done me a solid though.
    Just in case you thought I was a no show for the league in general.
    Looking forward to it.
    No worries. I noticed there was 2 missing from the live draft but its not always possible to have everyone there. Waiver wire will be open tomorrow so you will be able to make some changes (if necessary) before the whole thing starts tomorrow night.

This has been a tough week for me.

351935.JPG

• Advertisement

My team went 1-33 with 3 walks yesterday. Nothing else! Not an RBI or Steal to speak of. That must be some sort of record of uselessness.

Advertisement