Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom TV

Options
  • 09-03-2015 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭

Do Eircom do a trial period where I can take their TV/fibre bundle and see if it actually works to my liking ?

I'd hate to sign up, find that it suffers from lags and buffering and be stuck with an 18 month ( or whatever contract

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Another question.

Is the TV box WiFi or hardwired? I suffer from competition due to the amount of WiFi devices in use already.

Following on from that are the multiroom boxes wifi or hardwired?

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Another question.

Is the TV box WiFi or hardwired? I suffer from competition due to the amount of WiFi devices in use already.

Following on from that are the multiroom boxes wifi or hardwired?

Mike
    Hi Spook_ie

There is no trial period on offer I'm afraid and I can confirm that the evision box is HardWired to the modem.

The multiroom boxes work via home plugs (basically via power adapters plugged in to the box sending the signal to the muti box adapter in another room)

An automatic speed reduction is granted to dedicate 20Mb to the evision box with a further 6Mb when in use. For every multi room box a further up to 8Mb is reduced from the speed.

Hope this helps

Al

Advertisement