Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Happy days!

Totally! Happy happy again now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Something something Lexus....Toyota something something

:pac:

He might also be talking about the recent new Alfa thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

YbFocus wrote: »
    This is a good one :)

...How fanboys on the internet react when you tell them that their favorite car is not the best in the world...

kermit.gif[IMG][/img]

I'm guessing you browse CarThrottle page too. :D

GvidoR wrote: »
    I'm guessing you browse CarThrottle page too. :D

Other than here i live on it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I'm currently getting a free 4 wheel laser wheel alignment thanks to Nenagh Quick fit.

Free sh!t is very much FTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

R97Y0U.jpg

These arrived this morning. Two delivered to the door for €67 each. They have great reviews and I am very happy with the GoodYear F1's on the 166 I said I'd try the smaller brother.

Getting them fitted today so will be interesting to see how they compare to the rainsports...:)

Those Goodyear Efficientgrip tyres are pretty good, got them for my Bora. They were €57 each at the time for 195/65/R15, can't see the size on yours though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Can someone recommend a good place that makes braided oil lines?

Need one from the block to the turbo and want to change it to a banjo type fitting

dgt wrote: »
    Can someone recommend a good place that makes braided oil lines?

Need one from the block to the turbo and want to change it to a banjo type fitting

What hell you just made me remember. We ended up lookng to the uk to get them made up and shipped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

YbFocus wrote: »
    What hell you just made me remember. We ended up lookng to the uk to get them made up and shipped!

I was thinking this was the only option myself :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Lads where can I buy decent quality window tint film in Dublin?

Managed to fit a Vento boot lid in the back of the Punto. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Pov06 wrote: »
    Lads where can I buy decent quality window tint film in Dublin?

I would try the likes of shades tint or the likes they should have no problem supplying.

Managed to fit a Vento boot lid in the back of the Punto. :P

Oh dear... :D

Pics or it didn't happen

Managed to fit a Vento boot lid on the back of the Punto. :P

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    That's how I initially read that.

This is what I was thinking.

49295571.jpg

Pov06 wrote: »
    Oh dear... :D

Pics or it didn't happen

Excuse the bad photo, but here it is. I took only one quick snap after putting it in.

wBYqsD7l.jpg

For the record, I did not install those rear speakers. I would have done a better job... and used better speakers... those are crap, even though they say they're 350w.

I know its only a rear pic with the boot open but that yoke really is in great nick. Bargain of the year!

I know its only a rear pic with the boot open but that yoke really is in great nick. Bargain of the year!

This is her best angle. Bonnet is silver and driver side wing is black... I need to sort that. Other than that it's clean and everything works.

19133335951_c372bb7811_c.jpg

The weather is smashing and I've a pair of pads and a pair of discs to do on the car but I've opened a beer. To tackle the job now or the morning? Its been a loooong bastard of a week. Didn't get that job I posted about by the way :( I knew two mins in to the interview I made a balls of it. Ah well. Onwards and upwards! Have the car booked in with Aidan Frahill (mine and Mc Loves favorite mechanic ever) in Limerick to sort what I can't sort for the re-test next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭ofcork

Car sales must still be flying,passing car transporters every day and saw not one but two delivering to j&p douglas yesterday!

• Advertisement

ofcork wrote: »
    Car sales must still be flying,passing car transporters every day and saw not one but two delivering to j&p douglas yesterday!

I work near loads of main dealers and I see it every day. People are spending money again and its great to see it. I pity bangernomics in 2025 though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

May have gotten blitzed on the Mountview road... bugger.

Had pulled someone else ahead of me, and I'd slowed it down before I spotted him, but I'd still been doing close to the top of second gear for a bit.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    That's how I initially read that.

This is what I was thinking.

DAMN! I was expecting to get a picture of the boot on the car :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

About to do the oil change on the E39 and of course I don't have a 36mm socket or strap wrench. Woe is me :pac:

About to do the oil change on the E39 and of course I don't have a 36mm socket or strap wrench. Woe is me :pac:

There's no better feeling than buying new tools! :rolleyes:

I have the same housing on my yoke. Get the strap if you can. I think its better than a socket. The previous owners have the housing destroyed on mine from the socket (must source a new cover for the next oil change). Am I right in thinking the filter is at the top of your engine or am I losing the plot?

Don't talk to me abut oil filter wrenches.

I bought a new one and it was still too large.

I have the same housing on my yoke. Get the strap if you can. I think its better than a socket. The previous owners have the housing destroyed on mine from the socket (must source a new cover for the next oil change). Am I right in thinking the filter is at the top of your engine or am I losing the plot?

Yeah tis on the front of the engine next to the ATF vessel. Waiting to see if someone has one nearby, otherwise I'll have to wait until Sunday

Yeah tis on the front of the engine next to the ATF vessel. Waiting to see if someone has one nearby, otherwise I'll have to wait until Sunday

I'm nearby! Well in Munster anyway :P Its there if you want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I used a adjustable spanner for mine and it is also rounded a bit from people uses spanners etc..

I'm nearby! Well in Munster anyway :P Its there if you want it.

If I had known before hand I would have hit Limerick on my way back from Kerry :pac:

If I had known before hand I would have hit Limerick on my way back from Kerry :pac:

And I'll be in Kerry tomorrow night!

And I'll be in Kerry tomorrow night!

Feck sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Feck sake!

I got that socket recently in halfords. Worked fine. Dunno what people would be doing with them to round them.

I got that socket recently in halfords. Worked fine. Dunno what people would be doing with them to round them.

Used adjustables/pipe grips/vice grips etc. Anything that can grip something. Done it myself plenty of times :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

At least you copped while all your oil was still in the engine :pac: :o

Thankfully we've a few cars at the house!

The Ressession is over. Joe Duffy Mazda offered me a new Mazda 3 for about 230 a month. I'm almost tempted.

At least you copped while all your oil was still in the engine :pac: :o

Thankfully we've a few cars at the house!

Only finished it half an hour ago, managed to pick up an adjustable spanner off my brothers buddy which sorted us. All running well now!

Just take some sandpaper. It will give you plenty of grip and you'll be able to unscrew the filter easily.

Just take some sandpaper. It will give you plenty of grip and you'll be able to unscrew the filter easily.

Tis all sorted now, I'll have a tool for it in the future!

• Advertisement

You mentioned your sandpaper method to one of us not so long ago (CianRyan maybe). I've passed it on to two of my friends since (never tried it myself) and all positive results. You sir are a genius.

You mentioned your sandpaper method to one of us not so long ago (CianRyan maybe). I've passed it on to two of my friends since (never tried it myself) and all positive results. You sir are a genius.

Thank you very much sir, and yes it was indeed CianRyan.

In other news, I saw the adverts car valuation tool so I decided to give a try and see what my Astra is worth. It came back with a value of €498, but when I change the "Tax valid" to "No", the value went up to €531. Weird.

Anyways, I'd be happy enough to get €350 for it.

6imklP2.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Its a load of crap, says my Panda is worth almost 9K, which is wayyy too much.

I done it there and it came in at €1295, a fiver off what i paid :)

€1426 or something. Over double what I paid! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I got €1800, pretty much spot on.

Do what Gvidor did and leave out the tax part and see what ye get. My car is worth €100 more without tax. I think the system is broken.

Do what Gvidor did and leave out the tax part and see what ye get. My car is worth €100 more without tax. I think the system is broken.

Yeah, that's what I meant. So far, every car I tried was worth more without tax.

Yeah, that's what I meant. So far, every car I tried was worth more without tax.

I'd imagine whatever is added on without tax was actually meant to be subtracted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

It gave me 20k for the d-max. I will gladly sell it for that if anyones offering

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement