Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Space X rocket just exploded. There was a live stream of it on youtube.

Hal1 wrote: »
    Space X rocket just exploded. There was a live stream of it on youtube.

Didn't that happen already not so long ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

There was another test launch today, but it failed miserably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

davycc wrote: »
    watching the GAA in my case :D and looking for a goodwood festival stream;)

I bet that smile is well and truly wiped off your face right now. Christ that was some game in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I bet that smile is well and truly wiped off your face right now. Christ that was some game in the second half.

Im in tears for all the right reason. im a dub living in ashbourne:D

plenty of my meath mates at croker were saying its going to be a cricket score;)

i always cheer on the underdogs through it rarely works as well as today- some turn around in the 2nd half:cool::cool:

Ah jesus. Someone won €2m on the lotto from a ticket bought in Adare yesterday. I do the lotto in that shop the odd Friday on the way to work and did it the Friday gone. Bitter is an understatement :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Asmooh

A lot of Volvo dissing here today :(

The S40 (which I hate) and MX5 are two completely cars to be fair. Literally off the phone with a friend who says he wants a car like mine (S60) so he might go and test drive a GTI :confused:

Eh...you're doing it wrong.

i would choose the 940 2.3 LPT but I cannot insure it in Ireland.. if it exists in the first place :P same as 850R

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

And I'll be in Kerry tomorrow night!

Who else was in the kingdom for the weekend?

OSI wrote: »
    115bhp short on a 850R, no?
    tuning is the key ;)

http://en.bsr.se/tuning-kits/t/760

And this is excluding a turbo and exhaust upgrade :)

Or a B230FK with 16v head..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CzjkpjrPfQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

My friend left her car in midway for the weekend, when we got back to it this,

DSC_0281.jpg

Was stuffed in her exhaust :eek:
    It was stuffed right the way into the silencer, must've taken a few minutes to do.
    Only for the end was left hanging out we wouldn't have known.

I dunno what it is, it was like fake hair, would something like this go on fire in an exhaust? (Btw it's an 02 punto)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Thats been working it's way out the exhaust rather than being stuffed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Wow, just goes to show I never check my exhaust for anything stuffed inside. Would that cause any damage to a car? (i.e. no smoke able to get out and choke the engine)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Thats been working it's way out the exhaust rather than being stuffed in.

What is it?

pred racer wrote: »

DSC_0281.jpg

It was stuffed right the way into the silencer, must've taken a few minutes to do.

I dunno what it is, it was like fake hair, would something like this go on fire in an exhaust? (Btw it's an 02 punto)

my toupe :eek::eek::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

That is exhaust packing

exhaust04_img.jpg

my toupe :eek::eek::(

Hang on, why would the girl I spent the weekend with have your toupe stuffed in her exhaust :eek::p

Pov06 wrote: »
    That is exhaust packing

Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

DSC_0281.jpg

It looks fairly flammable!

OSI wrote:
    Ah just get the 850R, already 250bhp before you even consider tuning, and the manual has a LSD.

And still crappy FWD ...

Hang on, why would the girl I spent the weekend with have your toupe stuffed in her exhaust :eek::p

ha i am only half bald and wouldnt need a toupe that big yet:pac:

probably exh packing as another poster mentioned try setting it on fireif you still have it

• Advertisement

probably exh packing as another poster mentioned try setting it on fireif you still have it

Nah, I dumped it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is it like wire wool?

Stheno wrote: »
    Is it like wire wool?

Nah it was like soft rope fibre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

MuppetCheck, clear your inbox :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Enjoying the last top gear... Sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

MuppetCheck, clear your inbox :P

Done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

DSC_0281.jpg

Exhaust packing is made from rare substances.
    Namely Slash's hair!

Slash_Feature.jpg

Sweet.

Looking at insurance quotes, specifically on quoteme.ie.

2000 Yaris 1.0 - €1,200.
    1999 Yaris 1.0 - €2,500.

I hate insurance :( If only my car was 1 year newer :(

Sweet.

Looking at insurance quotes, specifically on quoteme.ie.

2000 Yaris 1.0 - €1,200.
    1999 Yaris 1.0 - €2,500.

I hate insurance :( If only my car was 1 year newer :(

Have a look at Aviva, do their Ignition Test and you'll get a very good quote from them.

Have a look at Aviva, do their Ignition Test and you'll get a very good quote from them.

I reckon I'd fail the ignition test as soon as the instructor sees my car :D:D:D

I reckon I'd fail the ignition test as soon as the instructor sees my car :D:D:D

You do it in theirs, I did it last September, I thought I was brutal but passed, tis grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Had a fella in Ballsbridge get infuriated when I slowed over the speed bumps that lead out to the N11. Thought he was about to have a heart attack with the face on him.

Some people seem to use them as launch ramps. Can't see how they get lasting from shocks and springs.

I seen a quashqai take off from one!
    Never slowed from about 30mph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

47 euro eFlow bill in the door. Shiiiiiite :o

47 euro eFlow bill in the door. Shiiiiiite :o

47 is nothing.

I've had 90 euro bills come in from my college commute. Queue a long heart attack :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

was behind a people carrier zafira type yoke doing 60 in a 100 zone and their reverse lights kept flicking on for a split second and a bouncy exhaust. passed it out asap not sure what kind of hokey pokey nct they passed but it wasn't the same one as me

YbFocus wrote: »
    Some people seem to use them as launch ramps. Can't see how they get lasting from shocks and springs.

I seen a quashqai take off from one!
    Never slowed from about 30mph.

I do slow right down, but I'm no slouch after I'm over the bump. Ah well, some people are just dicks.

I do slow right down, but I'm no slouch after I'm over the bump. Ah well, some people are just dicks.

I don't slow down for bumps because it takes too long to speed up after the bump with my 1.0.

Easy for you in a BMW :pac:

I have to slow right down on the harsh ones.
    I get chassis scrape on them. But like you i get moving again so the hold up is very minimal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Getting a bit pissed off now,

The company I am buying the wheels off have not contacted me at all, Last I heard from him he said he was getting a shipment of wheels in on the 19th of June and he said mine would be posted that day, nothing came so I tried all last week to contact them but the guy has his phone off and it goes straight through to messages, I sent an email and message to his facebook which has been marked as 'seen' but still nothing. I always like to give companies the benefit of the doubt but this is very unprofessional. I sent him a message today telling him he needs to contact me today or else I will go through paypal to recover my money.

Getting a bit pissed off now,

The company I am buying the wheels off have not contacted me at all, Last I heard from him he said he was getting a shipment of wheels in on the 19th of June and he said mine would be posted that day, nothing came so I tried all last week to contact them but the guy has his phone off and it goes straight through to messages, I sent an email and message to his facebook which has been marked as 'seen' but still nothing. I always like to give companies the benefit of the doubt but this is very unprofessional. I sent him a message today telling him he needs to contact me today or else I will go through paypal to recover my money.

Where is the company based? Probably worth going through Paypal, or doing a chargeback on the card. Not too sure how the chargeback would work since paypal is in the middle. Might be worth talking to the bank.

• Advertisement

Where is the company based? Probably worth going through Paypal, or doing a chargeback on the card. Not too sure how the chargeback would work since paypal is in the middle. Might be worth talking to the bank.

Paypal is the ones to use in this case as I used them and they offer buyer protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Claim with paypal.

YbFocus wrote: »
    I have to slow right down on the harsh ones.
    I get chassis scrape on them. But like you i get moving again so the hold up is very minimal!

Same as that, there is one in straffan I nearly have to stop for :eek:

joujoujou wrote: »
    Claim with paypal.

yeah. If the guy contacts me today then fair enough I wont have to contact paypal, the ball is in his court now.

yeah. If the guy contacts me today then fair enough I wont have to contact paypal, the ball is in his court now.

I would claim it now. Paypal will automatically send him a query asking to provide a reason why you haven't received your items.

It should speed things up even if you won't claim :)

Same as that, there is one in straffan I nearly have to stop for :eek:

Stanceworks yo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Sat in the Punto this morning and saw that the head unit was on the whole night and thought to myself "aw crap, will need to get the battery charged" but I turned the key and it started straight away. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

GvidoR wrote: »
    Sat in the Punto this morning and saw that the head unit was on the whole night and thought to myself "aw crap, will need to get the battery charged" but I turned the key and it started straight away. :eek:
    That a blaupunt radio? Had one before in a car and used to just randomly turn itself on like that! Well known I think. Had to unclick the removable fascia when getting out the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Gavman84 wrote: »
    That a blaupunt radio? Had one before in a car and used to just randomly turn itself on like that! Well known I think. Had to unclick the removable fascia when getting out the car.

It's a nice Pioneer with CD, USB and AUX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

+1

Happened with me before in the Jeep. Wouldn't turn off, took off fascia, wouldn't turn off, hit it a few smacks, wouldn't turn off, put my fist through it, still wouldn't turn off! Ended up disconnecting the battery. :eek:

Needless to say I had to get a new head unit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement