Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

Gavman84 wrote: »
    That a blaupunt radio? Had one before in a car and used to just randomly turn itself on like that! Well known I think. Had to unclick the removable fascia when getting out the car.

There was a recall on them punto blaupunkt head units I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Pov06 wrote: »
    I would claim it now. Paypal will automatically send him a query asking to provide a reason why you haven't received your items.

It should speed things up even if you won't claim :)

Thanks lads, I have opened a dispute with paypal now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

joujoujou wrote: »
    I must admit I'm seriously tempted. :o

One of my colleagues got a pretty simple modification to well known 4ZZ-FE engine (95bhp/130Nm):

- 1ZZ-FE intake manifold + throttle body + airbox to throttle body hose off avensis,

- 1ZZ-FE exhaust manifold off celica (slight modifications to fit to corolla exhaust),

- all the rest remains unchanged.

Result:

DSC_0009_zpseo8yk69k.jpg

Although power's not up significantly (well, 20bhp more, but available within very narrow range of revs), but at least 130Nm available from as low as ~2700 rpm is something worth fighting for. :D

What ya think?

Has he any plans to change our the rest of the exhaust, or have the gains been made already

There are about 4 or 5 Punto's in gold colour for breaking on adverts/donedeal, and the CLOSEST one is 170 km away. WHY??? WHYY??? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

GvidoR wrote: »
    There are about 4 or 5 Punto's in gold colour for breaking on adverts/donedeal, and the CLOSEST one is 170 km away. WHY??? WHYY??? :(

Have you tried a scrap yard? Scrap yard don't really advertise their stock online. I bet if you went down to one you'd find a handful :rolleyes:

Have you tried a scrap yard? Scrap yard don't really advertise their stock online. I bet if you went down to one you'd find a handful :rolleyes:

I'll try one tomorrow but gold doesn't seem to be a very common colour for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

If there's one in Laois, Offaly or north tipp I'll grab it for you??
    Going to mayo this weekend if that suits?

YbFocus wrote: »
    If there's one in Laois, Offaly or north tipp I'll grab it for you??
    Going to mayo this weekend if that suits?

Thanks for the offer but they're only in Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow, Clare and Cork, I'm afraid. :(

I'll try some breakers tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Thanks for the offer but they're only in Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow, Clare and Cork, I'm afraid. :(

I'll try some breakers tomorrow.

Kildare you say? Link me the ad and I'm sure we can work something out, I'm going over your way soon for eh....stuff :cool:

• Advertisement

Kildare you say? Link me the ad and I'm sure we can work something out, I'm going over your way soon for eh....stuff :cool:

This is the ad I saw: https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-punto-gold/9695639 but on second glance it appears that it may not be for breaking, and may have a dented driver side wing.

I'm curious as to what this stuff is though. :P

This is the ad I saw: https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-punto-gold/9695639 but on second glance it appears that it may not be for breaking, and may have a dented driver side wing.

ring em i guess!

Stuff involves a scrapyard and a few car bits :P

ring em i guess!

Stuff involves a scrapyard and a few car bits :P

It's kinda late now, I'll call in the morning.

Ah, sounds nice. I wish there was one of those pick a part yards here where you just walk around, take off whatever you need yourself and then go pay for it. That would be like paradise, especially if there were a lot of Volkswagens. :P

It's kinda late now, I'll call in the morning.

Ah, sounds nice. I wish there was one of those pick a part yards here where you just walk around, take off whatever you need yourself and then go pay for it. That would be like paradise, especially if there were a lot of Volkswagens. :P

There is

http://www.kilcockcardismantlers.ie/

only one i know of around this neck of the woods

Also you might be the guy for this, do you know where i can get decals/stickers made?

There is

http://www.kilcockcardismantlers.ie/

only one i know of around this neck of the woods

Also you might be the guy for this, do you know where i can get decals/stickers made?

Interesting... so you can just walk around a yard full of cars and take off whatever you want?

I never had any stickers custom made, but if you're not looking for anything big, you can try something like this: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/171425021367

Interesting... so you can just walk around a yard full of cars and take off whatever you want?

I never had any stickers custom made, but if you're not looking for anything big, you can try something like this: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/171425021367

Yeah just walk in, take whatever you want, pay for it, and walk out!

Yeah just walk in, take whatever you want, pay for it, and walk out!

It's like the perfect day out on a Saturday :D

Last time I was there I was messing around in a Supra :pac:

Bejaysis I may go have a look for that!

I was looking about in the back of an ambulance today :D then i got my dashboard, it's a treasure trove when you have the time to look

I was looking about in the back of an ambulance today :D then i got my dashboard, it's a treasure trove when you have the time to look

Don't forget to bring a decent tool box and socket set :pac:

Don't forget to bring a decent tool box and socket set :pac:

Oh i know too well ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That dent on drivers wing will push out when it is off the car and you will never know it was there.

That dent on drivers wing will push out when it is off the car and you will never know it was there.

Perhaps. Will call the seller in the morn and see what's what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Unless they do a busy trade in wrote off ambulances I know a few who use the back of it as a jacks. :pac:

Unless they do a busy trade in wrote off ambulances I know a few who use the back of it as a jacks. :pac:

Lovely :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

a mk3 supra was it?

ha last time i was there i liberated an oem volvo single din sized 480 turbo boost,volts and oil pressure gauge :pac:

great spot gvidor well worth the trip next time your down the m4

davycc wrote: »
    a mk3 supra was it?

ha last time i was there i liberated an oem volvo single din sized 480 turbo boost,volts and oil pressure gauge :pac:

great spot gvidor well worth the trip next time your down the m4

Nah it was a mk4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Any other CC owners here have to replace the EGR cooler in their VWs? After being quoted €560 for the job having had the car go into limp mode repeatedly giving engine workshop faults

Disappointed obviously to have a large job like that having only had the car just over a year & haven't exactly been driving it into the ground. Wondering now if the car will prove to be troublesome in the years ahead as I'd like to see myself holding onto this car for a good few years - very happy with it so far.

Two other queries for CC owners - have you had issues with the cup holders jamming or the aircon having a musty kind of odor from it occasionally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

cletus wrote: »
    Has he any plans to change our the rest of the exhaust, or have the gains been made already

Unlikely. AFAIK he's happy enough, but (as always) time will tell.

Why?

I was at Leitrim breakers. They had two mk2 Punto's but they were green and red, not gold. They didn't have any MK3 VW's either. :(

Tried calling the gold Punto seller from Kildare but he didn't pick up. Will send a text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Harlequin Punto? :D

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Harlequin Punto? :D

Well it's already sort of like a Harlequin... gold, silver and black. :D

He called back, at first he said he is breaking it for parts, but then he said "all it needs it a new head gasket" so he might want to get that done and sell it. He'll call me back later, apparently.

EDIT: He called back. He said he's not breaking it, but he'll sell the whole car for €100. Maybe toastedpickles is interested in another Punto? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

joujoujou wrote: »
    Unlikely. AFAIK he's happy enough, but (as always) time will tell.

Why?

I kinda figured he'd have to complete the "breathing", as such, for the engine. Larger intake therefore larger exhaust. It's something I'm tempted to do, and not having to replace the full exhaust makes it all the more tempting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Ahh, yeah, understand. AFAIK he went to celica manifold only because it has different configuration (4-2-1 vs 4-1 or something), but I'm not sure, so open to corrections. :o

Probably factory exhaust is big enough to deal with higher performance (exactly same exhaust is used with 1.6, 110ish bhp engine).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Just back from Northpoint from my recheck, group of travellers ran out of their yard and threw a bucket of water into a young girls car, ruined her certs and the car was soaking. Poor girl was distraught.

Just a warning for anyone heading up, might be best to keep your windows rolled up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

PlastiDip'd(Thanks to MuppetCheck) the grills black, not too sure how I feel fully about it but I'm getting to like them.

20150630_150952_zpsgeu2cx3a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Suits yours better than Alanstrainors, imho only of course.

Suits yours better than Alanstrainors, imho only of course.

fight fight fight! :pac:

fight fight fight! :pac:
    Yeah maybe I shoulda kept my trap shut seeing as I never share a picture of my own bus. I only like estates and left field stuff anyway so my opinion on bmws doesn't count for much!!

There was a dirty thieving scumbag trying the doors of mine the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

They look much better black imo.

Looks good, Mr. Norman

• Advertisement

Those kidney grills are not VW hippy van badges. :pac:

In other news, I tested the capabilities of the Punto once again.
    This time I squeezed in two 17" wheels with tyres, one seat, two headlights and one mirror - all from a Renault Espace. :P

They are not the crowd I ordered my wheels from but looks like JDMdistro's google listing got hacked, either that or they started selling more than just car performance parts:D

353728.png

Yeah maybe I shoulda kept my trap shut seeing as I never share a picture of my own bus. I only like estates and left field stuff anyway so my opinion on bmws doesn't count for much!!

There was a dirty thieving scumbag trying the doors of mine the other night.

We have much to discuss! :pac:

i hope you sorted his legs out with a bar or something

He was disturbed by a neighbour. Some others were done, doors jimmied. Doublelocking on mine so he'd have made a right mess of it before he discovered that he couldn't get in or broke the glass and found there was sh1te all in the car.
    Edit - by left field, I mean Irish left field, which mostly means not german.

He was disturbed by a neighbour. Some others were done, doors jimmied. Doublelocking on mine so he'd have made a right mess of it before he discovered that he couldn't get in or broke the glass and found there was sh1te all in the car.

You're lucky so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Can't help but be childish here but I've asked them if it would be more expensive to rent with out "cum"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thank God for airconin the car

Stheno wrote: »
    Thank God for airconin the car

I don't have AC. I turned the temperature as low as possible on the air blower but it still comes out warm. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Automatic climate is where it's at.

I don't have AC. I turned the temperature as low as possible on the air blower but it still comes out warm. :(

Get it re-gassed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement