Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Get it re-gassed.

It comes out cold when it's not hot outside. That's just how air blowers work. As I said I don't have the luxury of AC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

GvidoR wrote: »
    It comes out cold when it's not hot outside. That's just how air blowers work. As I said I don't have the luxury of AC.

ah, I somehow missed that you dont have AC, I just thought yours was broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just a random question lads... What is the real life MPG of e39 530d and I presume they are not as bad as modenr dielses with dpf issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Just a random question lads... What is the real life MPG of e39 530d and I presume they are not as bad as modenr dielses with dpf issues?

My buddy gets usually between 25-45, city and motorway respectively. That's a manual that's remapped too. If you're thinking of one you should really get a Petrol, they're not much worse tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

New tyres finally on.

Between new diff and tyres i am impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Stheno wrote: »
    Thank God for airconin the car

I know right, it was just a lifesaver earlier, first car with AC aswell, greatest invention going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Off topic but where has Cleveland Hot Pocket gone. Haven't seen him in a few months. He was mad for his yank tanks.

Off topic but where has Cleveland Hot Pocket gone. Haven't seen him in a few months. He was mad for his yank tanks.

Banned a while back afaik, not sure if it's a forum or siteban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Couldn't see past the 'Don't be a dick' rule.

Banned a while back afaik, not sure if it's a forum or siteban

I was forum banned on my old account years ago. I used to frequent that forum a lot. It's a dead forum on here now, very few posts there now, once a week or even once every two weeks someone posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Couldn't see past the 'Don't be a dick' rule.

You are on fire today :)

I was forum banned on my old account years ago. I used to frequent that forum a lot. It's a dead forum on here now, very few posts there now, once a week or even once every two weeks someone posts.

Which forum?

It's lonely in the Hockey forum too. :(

Which forum?

It's lonely in the Hockey forum too. :(

Console Modding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Reached 55,000 Kms in the Astra :). Anyone looking to buy a well broken in diesel :D

• Advertisement

I have a 174,000 mile Astra for sale. Broken in even better. ;)

I have a 174,000 mile Astra for sale. Broken in even better. ;)

But mine only has 1 lady owner ;) and yes I am a lady :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Time to sell my 2010 F10 520D (alpine white), change in circumstances means I need to cut out the loan repayments.. Thinking about clearing the loan and using the remainder to pick up a 320i E90.. 2007~

I do about 45 mins driving each day in total a mix of main roads/urban driving in town, don't really need the diesel anymore, havent had a petrol car since 2007 (2.0 litre honda accord) and it was very heavy on fuel.. so am a little worried on that front.. If anyone has a 320i and would like to chime in with MPG figures let me know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Might have been mentioned in here already but occasionally take a sconce at the Garda twitter and noticed they did someone for driving in the overtaking lane today - €60 & 1pt :eek::eek::eek:

Got to be a first?

Great to see.

Autosport wrote: »
    But mine only has 1 lady owner ;) and yes I am a lady :D

Interesting? :P

So I'm assuming you're moving onto bigger and better things? Like Volkswagen? :)

• Advertisement

Not half enough but a good start.

Discs, pads and drop links done and my god it was painful. The job itself was grand but I got a bastard of a headache in the middle of it. I think its from the heat. I never get headaches but I remember getting them when we had similar weather last year. I powered on anyway and its done now. In to the mechanic tomorrow morning for inner tie rods, ends and ball joints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Discs, pads and drop links done and my god it was painful. The job itself was grand but I got a bastard of a headache in the middle of it. I think its from the heat. I never get headaches but I remember getting them when we had similar weather last year. I powered on anyway and its done now. In to the mechanic tomorrow morning for inner tie rods, ends and ball joints.

Seems to be the in thing those headaches, i got one from the heat too, off to the mechanics tomorrow myself as well!

Seems to be the in thing those headaches, i got one from the heat too, off to the mechanics tomorrow myself as well!

Is it actually the heat that causes em? What you getting done tomorrow and on what car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Is it actually the heat that causes em? What you getting done tomorrow and on what car?

I've no idea to be honest!

I'm getting/half partaking in it myself, a rear upper transverse arm bushing

Fun times ahead :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My buddy gets usually between 25-45, city and motorway respectively. That's a manual that's remapped too. If you're thinking of one you should really get a Petrol, they're not much worse tbh.

Not the greatest mpg as I expected. Hoe much is it in l/km? My scooby does around 11l/100km lol

Interesting? :P

So I'm assuming you're moving onto bigger and better things? Like Volkswagen? :)

Ah no not a fan of vw, don't know what I want:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Came very close to sticking a kid (and dog) to the bonnet of the car just there

Ran right out in front of me on a bend, bloody terrifying

Ah no not a fan of vw, don't know what I want:(

Some suggestions:

43448902.jpeg

43449180.jpeg

40421130.jpeg

Came very close to sticking a kid (and dog) to the bonnet of the car just there

Ran right out in front of me on a bend, bloody terrifying

Dafuq a kid doing out this hour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

He lives on d north side bro .
    Explains it all.

Not the greatest mpg as I expected. Hoe much is it in l/km? My scooby does around 11l/100km lol

Between 11.3 and 6.3l/100Km's. My 2.5 Petrol Auto gets between 14.1 and 7.1l/100Km's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Originally Posted by Autosport View Post
    Ah no not a fan of vw, don't know what I want

I know what I want this cossie powered rwd converted focus. Just following the build thread there and it's seen a lot of work to get it back to this standard. Although it now has a cage and hydro'd handbrake.

F67B54AD-68AF-4233-B426-26833DED5EF5_zpsknoiwjcs.jpg

@G love car in pic no 2 :)

@G love car in pic no 2 :)

That's an Audi 80 (B4) convertible. Great looking cars, imo. :)

Explains it all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Explains it all.

Yeah de ferals wait until almost darkness to emerge

In Swords, they congregate on Main St near the Castle, hovering menacingly.

I'd just spent three and a half hours submitting expenses.

And I'm not yet finished.

And I've the misery of having to commute to Newry every frigging day this week, in this poxy heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Stheno wrote: »
    Yeah de ferals wait until almost darkness to emerge

In Swords, they congregate on Main St near the Castle, hovering menacingly.

I'd just spent three and a half hours submitting expenses.

And I'm not yet finished.

And I've the misery of having to commute to Newry every frigging day this week, in this poxy heat.

Expenses are an utter arse to do. I always let them pile up, then I wonder where I spent all my money!

I'm lucky in work that the payroll operator is dead sound and usually has a very quick turnaround.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Totally anecdotal but are VW Corrados back in style? I've seen three of them in the past week and one was a VR6.

A few years back there was a resurgence in BMW 8 series around the place imported from the UK, maybe this is something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

hi guys, missed you all.:cool:

hi guys, missed you all.:cool:

Are you back from a ban?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Are you back from a ban?
    Day release from St. John of Gods.

Totally anecdotal but are VW Corrados back in style? I've seen three of them in the past week and one was a VR6.

A few years back there was a resurgence in BMW 8 series around the place imported from the UK, maybe this is something similar.

They were never our of style.

There were a couple of nice ones last Sunday at the Midlands Volkswagen show.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Day release from St. John of Gods.

your relatives told me to say hello to you cian ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

your relatives told me to say hello to you cian ;)

Sure I'm a past patient myself, they just must me. :)

• Advertisement

Can't we all just get along?

075dcb8ad7c818ca6eb725e9208bb0f1.jpg

Sure the were, early to mid 00s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

There were a couple of nice ones last Sunday at the Midlands Volkswagen show.

The Corrado is properly cool, and always was. And I say that as someone who has a habit of stopping on the street to point and laugh at Passats and Boras. :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    The Corrado is properly cool, and always was. And I say that as someone who has a habit of stopping on the street to point and laugh at Passats and Boras. :D

Passats and Boras are nice too*, obviously not with sun strips covering most of the windscreen, huge CB aerials, black smoke and Nurburgring stickers though.

* Exhibit A
    * Exhibit B

There is a 2 litre red bora knocking around the city centre

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement