Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

There is a 2 litre red bora knocking around the city centre

I don't know why they made the 2.0 N/A when they had 1.8T 20V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

PErsonally Ive never liked them, found them very basic and ugly. HOwever that pic you posted of the silver/grey one looks good.

Over here, all boras are in horrible colours, silver or that bluey/purpley colour with no extras at all, just the basic of the basic. Makes the car look completely different to the one in the pic

I bet you are going to say you own a bora now....

If you do, I genuinely did not know this and if you dont -its all good :)

I bet you are going to say you own a bora now....

If you do, I genuinely did not know this and if you dont -its all good :)

Not right now, but I have owned two Boras in the past. Sold one about 4 months ago.

14357831301_2e11fc63db_c.jpg

14316295925_fff0cc9421_c.jpg

dont feel so bad now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Anyone know what the fines are for having front-side tinted windows?

was this truck on a us programme for discovery channel? Sure I saw it one night on the tv

On Sunday, while driving, the airbag light came on and hasn't gone away since. Before it happened, I saw it flash twice for half a second (on two different days) but it happened so quick I didn't know which light it was. Must be a loose connection right?

I took off the steering wheel airbag when I aligned the steering wheel, but I didn't remove the connector (this was about 5 days ago) and after I put it all back the light wasn't on. Today I took off the airbag again, checked the connections and the light is still there. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

GvidoR wrote: »
    On Sunday, while driving, the airbag light came on and hasn't gone away since. Before it happened, I saw it flash twice for half a second (on two different days) but it happened so quick I didn't know which light it was. Must be a loose connection right?

I took off the steering wheel airbag when I aligned the steering wheel, but I didn't remove the connector (this was about 5 days ago) and after I put it all back the light wasn't on. Today I took off the airbag again, checked the connections and the light is still there. :o

I presume it has a sensor under the seat? I'd check there first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Asmooh

w00h my mx5 got a new APK (NCT in Ireland):

- Break lines fixed (i already had them ordered)
    - 2 new lights

thats all! and the car was standing still for more than 3 years! not bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I wonder how good the swaps he'll be offered will be

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    I presume it has a sensor under the seat? I'd check there first.

Couldn't find any sensors under the seats. Did some googling and it seems that the sensors are just in the crumple zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I know its not car related, but i was coming back from doing the bushing on the 9-5 today, and a scania 143 500 was at the lights in the main street in kildare, gave it loads of welly taking off

The sound....my god the sound, twin pipes, and a big mother of a v8

so_good.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Sooo Im just after buying a car :) really happy with it. Picking it up from the garage tomorrow evening after work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Sooo Im just after buying a car :) really happy with it. Picking it up from the garage tomorrow evening after work!

Ignorant prick!! Turning into Monadreen is more important than anything else is it?! :P

Ignorant prick!! Turning into Monadreen is more important than anything else is it?! :P

I thought that was you! My eyesight is not the best and I only realised after you passed.. I promise I'll wave next time :p

I know its not car related, but i was coming back from doing the bushing on the 9-5 today, and a scania 143 500 was at the lights in the main street in kildare, gave it loads of welly taking off

I don't know anything about trucks. Until I googled it, I thought it had a 143 plate. :pac:

Aren't you going to tell us what it is? :eek::eek:

I don't know anything about trucks. Until I googled it, I thought it had a 143 plate. :pac:

Neither do i. but they make an unreal sound i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NN1

was this truck on a us programme for discovery channel? Sure I saw it one night on the tv

Looks similar to the one on wheeler dealers.

http://m ikebrewer.tv/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/WD-Truck.jpeg

Aren't you going to tell us what it is? :eek::eek:

Umm I think I'll let ye guess.. I'll try post pictures tomorrow night (or whenever I get a set of alloys for it) :p

Umm I think I'll let ye guess.. I'll try post pictures tomorrow night (or whenever I get a set of alloys for it) :p

It's either a vw or a ford, and it's diesel

do i win? :pac:

It could be anything, at least give us a clue so we have sort of a starting point.

It's either a vw or a ford, and it's diesel

do i win? :pac:

Okay here's a hint.. Its not either of them :p

Mazda RX8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Always been a Volvo truck fan myself! Love the FH16's serious machine. Those v8's can sound nice tho in fairness!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

:pac: a megane?

Here's an even bigger hint :pac:

IMG_2683_zpsuep4rvxy.jpg

Its a huge step down from what im currently driving but its my first car in my own name and with my own insurance. 2003 Toyota Corolla, one owner from new who only clocked up 30k miles! Taxed until April, NCT is being done by the garage in two weeks time, new tyres all around, car is like new. Dont even think it left Tipperary in its lifetime! Just have to do a few small bits to it myself and I'll be happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Very clean engine bay. Looks good, good luck with it.

A 'rolla, eh?

That engine bay is very clean indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Just paid the years insurance. I was with chill last year who wanted 800 for a TPFT renewal, up from 730 last year. Got fully comp with 25plus.ie for 530 :)! Everywhere else I looked was between 800-1000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Once the airbag light has been triggered, it will need to be reset with a code reader even if you fix the fault. It wont go off on its own.

Harcrid wrote: »
    Once the airbag light has been triggered, it will need to be reset with a code reader even if you fix the fault. It wont go off on its own.

Ahh... it's times like this when I wish I had a code reader.

In other news... https://www.facebook.com/431577333615208/videos/661241520648787/ :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

In other news... https://www.facebook.com/431577333615208/videos/661241520648787/ :eek: :eek: :eek:
    wtf? How did that happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Seen my first 152 reg today. A 152 mo berlingo, at about 10am, somebody wasn't long collecting it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

****ing ac packed in again.

bear1 wrote: »
    ****ing ac packed in again.

Jaypers you are rightly cursed.

Did you ever drive an alfa?

Stheno wrote: »
    Jaypers you are rightly cursed.

Did you ever drive an alfa?

Owned a 156, got her up to near 250k before i scrapped it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I posted that about a year ago. At the time I said it was like one of those hydraulic low rider cars in America.

Owned a 156, got her up to near 250k before i scrapped it.

Ah that's it

I have decided that the alfa gods have looked at you and I and decided to curse you more than me for moving to a Honda :D

• Advertisement

Well, all I can say to the Alfa gods is "ah ffs"..
    Seriously thinking of going back to Alfa at some stage, not one car I've owned since has brought me a smile whenever I've driven it.

I wouldn't mind owning an Alfa for a while. 145 or a blacked out 159.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

When trying to buy a car on a budget and dealing with a lot of private sellers you sure do get talking to some characters.

Rang about a 530d a a cracking looking one at that very unusually in red after about a minute it's fairly obvious the original owner of it " is gone away " to jail and your man talking on the phone seems to have a bit of a cocaine problem.

Still tempted to have a look at it though :)

Well, all I can say to the Alfa gods is "ah ffs"..
    Seriously thinking of going back to Alfa at some stage, not one car I've owned since has brought me a smile whenever I've driven it.

Yeah I'm still getting used to the Honda, for the most part it's used for motorway trips, my OH loves it though which is part of what is putting me off, as he suffered severe alfa hate. That said, commuting up to Newry and back all week, I've had no issues at all with it, and when I put the foot down it moves, which I'm slightly surprised at compared to the alfas, it certainly is as happy as the gtv, I never drove the V6 much on the motorway. I think I'm getting to the point where I like it, I'm just suspicious of it lol

Did you see the prototype Guilia?
    I wouldn't mind owning an Alfa for a while. 145 or a blacked out 159.

Why a blacked out one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Ah that's it

I have decided that the alfa gods have looked at you and I and decided to curse you more than me for moving to a Honda :D

You're safe....your gtv is back running. Speaking if which Don told me what went wrong with your belt.....Christ you were unlucky

When trying to buy a car on a budget and dealing with a lot of private sellers you sure do get talking to some characters.

Rang about a 530d a a cracking looking one at that very unusually in red after about a minute it's fairly obvious the original owner of it " is gone away " to jail and your man talking on the phone seems to have a bit of a cocaine problem.

Still tempted to have a look at it though :)

I'd go for a look, but maybe bring a friend :p

I met one or two right characters when car shopping. Got sick of it all and ironically enough, my local garage got a trade in of a car that I couldnt say no to. So much handier to deal with rather than travelling to meet a complete scumbag with a wrecked car.

Any link to the ad?

You're safe....your gtv is back running. Speaking if which Don told me what went wrong with your belt.....Christ you were unlucky

I thought so as I minded that little beast.
    Would you mind posting what happened?
    Was it due to poor maintenance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'd go for a look, but maybe bring a friend :p

I met one or two right characters when car shopping. Got sick of it all and ironically enough, my local garage got a trade in of a car that I couldnt say no to. So much handier to deal with rather than travelling to meet a complete scumbag with a wrecked car.

Any link to the ad?

Ha well I certainly wasn't driving to the estate it's in to have a look at it at this time of night and sure your nan selling it coudnt drive it to meet me sure he has a driving ban.

Yea won't lie I've met and dealt with some right characters the last few weeks to the point I'm feeling fed up of dealing with nutjobs. Going to look at two cars in the next day or two both dealers selling them so much less hassle to deal with.

Here's a link

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/9801194

Why a blacked out one?

Because I'm not a fan of the front grille and it's a lot less visible when both the car and the grille are black. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What did you buy mhackett

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement