Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

YbFocus wrote:
    I had a kitted 1.4 as my first car, it was silly looking back at it but it looked far far better than that!

Sorry for the insult so lad ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Sorry for the insult so lad ;)

Good no don't be, i insulted myself making such a monster :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

had someone drive so far up my arse earlier I could see up his nose. was coming up to the coonagh roundabout on the condell road on the way out of limerick, another example of that 60 limit making people drive aggressively/stupidly while taking out their frustration.

speed van is there every second day anyway so you can't even chance doing 70 or whatever on the speedo, to be actually doing 60kmh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Ws behind a lovely looking 2008 Alfa 159 Ti Sportswagon with twin exhausts today, no idea what engine, couldn't hear it over the common rail clatter of the NPR :(

Beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Yes... that is a MK3 cabby with a MK6 front end.

10393739_10153413660000132_4748413855151763894_n.jpg?oh=bd979ef436fb5736bbf3ba6df1c74685&oe=560E537E

11709524_10153413683750132_5917612636571763432_n.jpg?oh=00633dcefca3e9d3ce54dd2d9fb9a958&oe=5659849D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That. Looks. Absolutely shite.

It doesn't look that great, but someone went through the trouble of custom fitting a MK6 front end on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Can anyone help me with these graphs (o2 sensor, bottom left). Pretty sure the one on my OH's MINI is shot. However, I am unsure what the different colour lines mean.

First up is my own a3 1.8t, Then her fathers Grande Punto and the her 07 MINI Cooper, hers is wideband though, mine is narrow band and the punto looks like a wideband too.

76AC9D8A-A1BC-4E94-B122-FD18BE958634_zpsgkne5aix.png

6BF0F35C-753B-44F8-852B-EEB46556B275_zpsrviovfoo.png

39012A04-02D5-4BC2-A945-F718CC6363F2_zpssnxbcvpk.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

GvidoR wrote: »
    It doesn't look that great, but someone went through the trouble of custom fitting a MK6 front end on it.

Was he on E or something.

Everything about that is bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Shaunie, it looks like it's reading rich. It should go all the way up and down if you are holding the throttle steady and everything is ok. So it's either faulty or the reading is correct and the car is running rich.

Does the graph change at all even if you rev up and down the engine?

If it doesn't the 02 sensor is probably shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Yes... that is a MK3 cabby with a MK6 front end.

10393739_10153413660000132_4748413855151763894_n.jpg?oh=bd979ef436fb5736bbf3ba6df1c74685&oe=560E537E

11709524_10153413683750132_5917612636571763432_n.jpg?oh=00633dcefca3e9d3ce54dd2d9fb9a958&oe=5659849D

I don't like this sort of thing at all but I do really like that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

nd wrote: »
    Shaunie, it looks like it's reading rich. It should go all the way up and down if you are holding the throttle steady and everything is ok. So it's either faulty or the reading is correct and the car is running rich.

Does the graph change at all even if you rev up and down the engine?

If it doesn't the 02 sensor is probably shot.

It goes up and down somewhat when I lift off and floor it, but it's slow to react even at that. Whereas my own was up and down immediately. At steady throttle it doesn't budge

Anyone else having trouble getting onto boards via laptop? Working grand on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Anyone else having trouble getting onto boards via laptop? Working grand on the phone.

Yep!

Yep!

Fix it! :pac:

Fix it! :pac:

Later :pac:

Later :pac:

Emo A4 page icon is not happy

Edit: Back in business

Emo A4 page icon is not happy

Neither is mine haha

Brought the focus to the main dealer today to get the constant whine addressed. There was also a knock in the rear left. Collected it there this evening, a pulley was what was goosed, causing the whine, and they replaced the fan belt too, which was worse for wear, I told them beforehand to change it if needs be. They even said they'd ring me before any significant problem should be addressed, to see if I want them to proceed or not. Thankfully, nothing major needed to be done. The knocking in the rear was a wheel bearing, which was changed. They gave a general look over the car, one of the back tyres is v bad (the sooner I get the landsail muck off the better), other then that it's fine. Bill was 177, which was fairly good. So much ease with the main dealer, they know what they're at, everything is done well, no messing around, straight to the point. To me getting an excellent service, with people who know your car, regardless of the fact it's 11 years old is well worth paying that bit more over those who hazard a guess, and just do the bare minimum.

Getting my rear wiper motor tomorrow, and I'll pop that in.

For the first time in ages I can say that the car is running perfect, in need of nothing, no drop links etc. Feels great to have both cars parked outside working perfect. We'll see how long it lasts though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Where is your main Ford dealer? I know there was one in Castlebar at one stage but I'm not sure if they moved location or just closed down.

Where is your main Ford dealer? I know there was one in Castlebar at one stage but I'm not sure if they moved location or just closed down.

Griffiths in Claremorris would be my port of call. They have a place in Castlebar too. Caseys used to have a major set up in Castlebar, but they went bust around 2008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Invisible menthanol fire, scary shít :eek:.

VHuyXj4.gif

Griffiths in Claremorris would be my port of call. They have a place in Castlebar too. Caseys used to have a major set up in Castlebar, but they went bust around 2008

So you were in my neck of the woods today.

Yea that must be the place in Castlebar I am thinking of that closed down.

Yea that must be the place in Castlebar I am thinking of that closed down.

Think one of the sofa shops are in it now, big big place sort of across from Monaghans Skoda, on the way in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

156 got treated to two new Goodyear Efficient grip Performance today. €190 for both fitted in 205/55/16 but oh so worth it.

Nothing like having 4 matching tyres on the car.

• Advertisement

Spotted this beasht today... dat exhaust doe :pac:

19362955419_437218d23c_c.jpg

GvidoR wrote:
    Spotted this beasht today... dat exhaust doe

Them exhausts appear to be the latest craze! Even ones more exaggerated/elongated then that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Passed the local maxol today. 127.9 for diesel and 147.9 for petrol. Don't remember seeing a 20c difference before. The Esso up the road had a 17c difference :(:confused:. Seen an lovely red unmolested rx-7 pulling out of the Esso. Also passed a 13 reg black fiesta st down in the town. Looked and sounded pretty sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Them exhausts appear to be the latest craze! Even ones more exaggerated/elongated then that one!

It's an old Japanese style, not sure how I feel about the filters using it. :pac:

CianRyan wrote: »
    It's an old Japanese style, not sure how I feel about the filters using it. :pac:

Bōsōzoku?

Filters :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Well it failed its test, on wishbone bushes. The very ones I didn't replace. Shame on me :(

Shot through everything else. Never said a thing about my tuner bolts (that's what they're called, naff name I know :o)

Gotta love the emissions/power control 10mm spanner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Spotted this beasht today... dat exhaust doe :pac:

19362955419_437218d23c_c.jpg

Unbelievably tacky.

Picked up a few goodies for the C5. Halford have Mobil 1 5W/30 fully synthetic for 27 euro. Quite good value. Give it a service tomorrow.

Set of all season tyres will be on the list before the summer is out. Any recommendations?

What's a turner bolt?

dgt wrote: »
    Well it failed its test, on wishbone bushes. The very ones I didn't replace. Shame on me :(

Shot through everything else. Never said a thing about my tuner bolts (that's what they're called, naff name I know :o)

Gotta love the emissions/power control 10mm spanner :D

Wow they were strict for you, Toasted Pickles and also YbFocus recently. My 520i e39 passed with flying colours and one of my shocks the rubber piece is ripped and it still passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

CianRyan wrote: »

They put me rather unpleasantly in mind of Laker/dragster pipes, only gone badly wrong. :pac:

Mycroft H wrote: »

What's a turner bolt?

I'm guessing it is to control the boost, could be well wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Mycroft H wrote: »
    What's a turner bolt?

It's a bolt that moves when you turner :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Wow they were strict for you, Toasted Pickles and also YbFocus recently. My 520i e39 passed with flying colours and one of my shocks the rubber piece is ripped and it still passed.

I only copped last night that there was a bit of play on the hub. Annoying as I have the rears changed!

Retest booked anyway and I should have it sorted by then.

As for a tuner bolt, its a bolt that uses a 10 sided spline key to remove. Handy for wheels with small passages a socket won't fit into

As for boost control, I have an MBC but laziness means I just sealed the wastegate and use fuel to control boost. There is a drill bit in the sampler pipe :D

A turner bolt... Haven't a baldy, probably its a bolt you hop off someone you don't like :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

They're the ones in a can. A tin a turner bolts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I think what you meant to say was:

They went to the trouble of custom fitting a MK6 front end on it, and couldn't be bothered to paint the alloys the same colour on both sides of the car.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

They weren't harsh on me in fairness,
    It's 2 things i knew about but having been flat out at it i couldn't get them done.

And a wheel bearing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

OSI wrote: »
    I'd say American red necks were doing it first.

I doubt it.
    Smoke stacks on a pick up or semi are an entirely different style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I fell in love with a potential project car today. It's beyond my abilities and makes absolutely no sense.

What to do.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I fell in love with a potential project car today. It's beyond my abilities and makes absolutely no sense.

What to do.

Buy it anyways and learn tfcuk :pac:

What to do.

Not everything has to make sense. Buy it. :)

What to do.

Project cars rarely makes sense.

Doooooooooooo it.

I had a day in the back yard of an old garage. Looked at a PUg 605 2.1TD, Alfa 166 2.5V6, 1993 Ibiza with 62k and an Alfa 146.

I then spotted an old pickup with rusted out sills, rusted chassis and acres of dirt on it and decided it was great. It was a 1995 Nissan D21. I want it but can't weld :(

I had a day in the back yard of an old garage. Looked at a PUg 605 2.1TD, Alfa 166 2.5V6, 1993 Ibiza with 62k and an Alfa 146.

I then spotted an old pickup with rusted out sills, rusted chassis and acres of dirt on it and decided it was great. It was a 1995 Nissan D21. I want it but can't weld :(

Neither can most of us here (stand to be corrected) but I'm sure someone will help you out!

Neither can most of us here (stand to be corrected) but I'm sure someone will help you out!

It's been off the road at least 5 years. I'll think about it. It'll be a very long term project...........and my OH will have a fit. :eek:

It's been off the road at least 5 years. I'll think about it. It'll be a very long term project...........and my OH will have a fit. :eek:

Them 166's tho..........:D

• Advertisement

Times like this i think it would be pretty nifty to have a communal garage, but then again maybe not so much
    166man wrote: »
    Them 166's tho..........:D

Sure you can take it :P

Also eh...seen your picture in the picture thread, whats the craic there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement