Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

For anyone that likes to harp on about diesels not having a usable power band... this happened yesterday.

Had an IS200 overtake me and then got stuck behind traffic/turning vehicle. Anyway, he was dropping gears mighty and revving the hole off the car and attempted to tear off once his path was clear. Not only did he not pull away one inch, he had to change up way before I did, both in 3rd and 4th gear.

Both you and me know what diesels can and can't do. No point telling tunnel visioned people about it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The problem there is you're talking about an IS200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Daysuls hai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You may have had momentum(i.e he was behind the cars and had to take off from their speed) while you drove up to him and picked up speed quicker as you never stopped to their speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

You may have had momentum(i.e he was behind the cars and had to take off from their speed) while you drove up to him and picked up speed quicker as you never stopped to their speed.

toooorque laaaaaaaaad. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

The only lads who think diesels are fast are the ones who come from 1.4 petrol non-turbos...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

:( :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Jeez not this old chestnut again

I love my diesel :P

Most daysul drivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

What's worse than a diesel driver? Being behind one. Cancer on wheels :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Pov06 wrote: »
    What's worse than a diesel driver? Being behind one. Cancer on wheels :rolleyes:

Do you have anything useful or contributory or are you just on the wind up?

Stheno wrote: »
    Do you have anything useful or contributory or are you just on the wind up?

Why do you think he's trying to wind anyone up?
    Diesel fumes are carcinogenic, it's horrible being stuck behind a diesel car, truck, van or what ever for any amount of time.
    It's utterly ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Not as bad as being stuck behind a Micra! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Big Nasty wrote: »

rekt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So we went for dingle fun day today. :D

DSC_1012_zpshgo5jgaa.jpg

I Had to drive around the beach and find alternative way for these posers as their cars were to low to cross the little stream of water :D ( It wasnt for me lol )
    DSC_1016_zpsvflplry6.jpg

And thats why you bring at least ONE scooby with you on a beach! :D

DSC_1020_zps5rqj6cd7.jpg

DSC_1019_zpswrta35st.jpg

DSC_1022_zpshzvpt7pl.jpg

He is lucky he didn't head down there by himself today.

The sea would be claiming that mx5

He is lucky he didn't head down there by himself today.

The sea would be claiming that mx5

Thats why they got Mama Goose like me looking after them! :D

And there were loads of people. Fellas on Quads stoped and asked if needed help. They were local and their friend would come over with tractor if needed. There are always good people around.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Why do you think he's trying to wind anyone up?
    Diesel fumes are carcinogenic, it's horrible being stuck behind a diesel car, truck, van or what ever for any amount of time.
    It's utterly ****e.

I'll just continue to be smug and enjoy every 50 miles per gallon.

Mycroft H wrote: »
    I'll just continue to release tonnes of smog and enjoy every 50 miles per gallon.

FYP.

What is this, lets attack all diesel drivers?

Go way lads and stop

• Advertisement

Jaysus, wtf happened to this place? Are you having Diesel wars again? Feck, I feel out of place with actual stuff that is fun and related to cars. :pac:

What is this, lets attack all diesel drivers?

Go way lads and stop

Exactly, the real enemy here is leccy drivers we should be directing all this towards them! Taking our jobs and our women, and acting like they own the feckin place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

So Toyota and Lexus, is there really a difference?

Discuss.

:pac:

Oh you wouldn't be stuck behind me, I assure you. :pac:

YbFocus wrote: »

Discuss.

Nah shurre a daysul can bate a lexus hai

YbFocus wrote: »

Discuss.

If its not:

Twin cam
    Supra
    Mr2
    Chaser
    Altezza

and has a toyota badge, then it can be scraped! :pac:

Exactly, the real enemy here is leccy drivers we should be directing all this towards them! Taking our jobs and our women, and acting like they own the feckin place!

That's why we gave them their own forum. So they can fock off and be self righteous in their own corner.

Yeah true, sure I could walk faster. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I was in the mayfield services the other day, there were 2 leafs plugged into the charging points and 2 waiting, I didn't hang around but there appeared to be 'a bit of a disagreement' going on between the 4 drivers :D
    I wanted to stop to earwig, but having filled up the previous Saturday, I still had plenty of fuel and being in a hurry, just buggered off.

• Advertisement

pred racer wrote: »
    I was in the mayfield services the other day, there were 2 leafs plugged into the charging points and 2 waiting, I didn't hang around but there appeared to be 'a bit of a disagreement' going on between the 4 drivers :D
    I wanted to stop to earwig, but having filled up the previous Saturday, I still had plenty of fuel and being in a hurry, just buggered off.

See thats the great thing about petrol and diesel cars, you don't have to wait around for that kinda dillydally sh1te or drive along at 5kph to save your battery or have to worry will there be an available point at some place and if there's not, you're screwed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I find that micras are only behind me very briefly ;)

pred racer wrote: »
    I find that micras are only behind me very briefly ;)

I find micras are in front of me for a very short time ;).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I was a passenger in a leaf recently, it was very comfy.

I know, you can all shoot me :D

Do you drive a Micra? I thought you'd an MX5?

This micra talk is the worst innuendo I've read in a while :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

dgt wrote: »

Micra with knackered pollen-filter. The radioactive diesel-exhaust shtuff gets innuendo and kills yo azz.

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »

A bit like the anti diesel brigade :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Having owned both diesel and petrol cars in the last year I can safely say I really want to do doughnuts on the beach in a scooby right now!

jimgoose wrote: »
    Micra with knackered pollen-filter. The radioactive diesel-exhaust shtuff gets innuendo and kills yo azz.

I met Biddy on a narrow country road late at night in her micra. She was flashing me frantically, which was dazzling. Poor biddy was having problems with her roof mechanism, thus she was riding around with her top down. "Fear not Biddy, I'll try to have you all cosy again in no time" with that, standing abreast, she opened up her back door in order for me to have a reacharound at her mechanism, for the roof. "Oh Biddy", says I, "The smell of this is appalling! Have you been keeping the cock roosters in here again?" Biddy proceeded to blush in a sheepish manner. Suddenly, a loose connection was uncovered! Pluging it in, a light groaning noise began to emerge. Biddy was getting excited. "Oh Biddy, go in there and press me button for the roof" says I. Biddy raced in and began flicking the button frantically. "Biddy! BIDDY!!!" she couldn't hear me in the rear. Biddy came round, quivering with excitment as the motor gained speed to rise her roof. "Oh yessss!" says I, watching the metal roof rise up and up. The moment of relief for both of us when the roof finally latched into its designated locking holes, the climax of the task had been reached. "Biddy, lets not meet again like this but I'm glad to have serviced your motors. Toodles!" says I. Watching a very relaxed Biddy get into her pink micra and shoot off into the night, it was a very satasfied feeling...

Yes. Micras

Stheno wrote: »
    I was a passenger in a leaf recently, it was very comfy.

I know, you can all shoot me :D

Do you drive a Micra? I thought you'd an MX5?

I have both. :D
    The Micra is my daily bumper car and the Mazda is the never ending parts list/project car. Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Mondeo's 3 year anniversary is today. Clocked up almost 40k miles in those 3 years, so just about in diesel territory - although I never really do much city driving.

In those 3 years it has got 3 services, 2 valets, power steering reservoir and fluid changed, a timing belt, and one rear bearing. Apart from that it's been just diesel, tax etc. Very happy with how it's going. Focus was bought in the month of July too, that seems to be my changing car month. Will skip this year, but July 16 will see a new addition

• Advertisement

Why do you have 2 cars? Or does someone else use the mondeo while you use focus or vise versa?

Why do you have 2 cars? Or does someone else use the mondeo while you use focus or vise versa?

I'm so rich I need to have 2 cars...lol. Dunno tbh, no real need for 2, just a bit of variety I suppose, focus is usually the daily, as the roads I do use are very bad and do no good for a car. Mondeo would be parked up a lot during the week, but gets driven during the weekends/summer. The mother sometimes would use whichever car is at home, if she was stuck.

Put the 16" alloys back on the mondeo, as the17" tyres were gone bad. Will put a new set on the 17's soon, once I recoup the cost of the michelins on the focus :pac: Hated putting them back on, looks miniscule and so out of place. Ford or any manufacturer shouldn't be allowed put tiny alloys on cars as standard (ie ones that look stupidly small)

http://www.carthrottle.com/post/zJtwzn/

My jimmies have been well and truly rustled

My first day in Windsor Dundrum, just arrived 40 minutes early.
    Guess I'll go see if anyone's around yet. :pac:

Good luck with it dude.

Best of luck :)

Just home off the night shift. Fairly miserable driving out there know, roads are greasy. Still, it's cool and dull. Makes for good sleeping weather for the few coming off nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Best of luck man, we're all rooting for ya, not that you'll need it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Best of luck, you seem to have wanted this for a while so hope it goes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Best of luck with it!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement