Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Dord wrote: »
    Someone hit my panda. Saw it the other day, and only got the full view today in daylight. :(

Rear door on drivers side pushed in just ahead of the wheel arch. Think it could be pulled out. Will put up pics later. :(

1372153058_tumblr_meexgdXzOW1r2lr4p.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fast n Loud is my new favourite tv show :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Is it illegal to sell cars on the side of the road now? A friend had theres for sale outside his house, sign on it with the details and contact number, and he was told that it was illegal to do so?

They made a big thing of it in 07 or 08 when there were lads lashing things anywhere and everywhere with for sale signs on em.

We all partied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Autosport wrote: »
    Fast n Loud is my new favourite tv show :D

Watch Road kill series on Youtube

/thank me later

/thank me later

/Tuned

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Driving up from Tralee earlier and I saw about 4/5 places with diesel @123.9. Was tempted, but drove on. Ended up paying 133.9 round the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

GvidoR wrote: »
    It doesn't look very real. It's too twisty to be fun anyway.

likely taken with a telephoto lens which severely compressed the distance and so exaggerated the twistiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

cnocbui wrote: »
    likely taken with a telephoto lens which severely compressed the distance and so exaggerated the twistiness.

A Fireblade will severely compress the fcukan distance, bah! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

/thank me later

Roadkill is awesome!!! Was there a new one yesterday or will it be next Friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I'd forgotten all about that show. The last time I watched that they were doing a time trial with some oil leaking junker of a yolk :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

jprboy wrote: »
    It's apparently contrary to Section 71 of the 1993 Roads Act

http://www.laois.ie/media/Media,2233,en.pdf

It's well worth reading the actual law; it is illegal to have the vehicle parked on the road for the purposes of the sale of goods (which term includes the car itself) but I think that if the car is parked for the purposes of parking and there happens to be a for sale sign then the CoCo would not have the necessary power. The purposive element is what is important, five cars parked together is what causes a nuisance or a car parked to advertise a sale. A person who parks to use the local facilities (shops, schools, outside their own house) but who happens to have "for sale" written on the car has a strong defence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Was hoping to sell the Astra to a boardsie since I don't want much for it, but now I've put it up on adverts. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You've got some cool stuff for sale, I particularly like the Smena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just playing Gran Turismo 2.. what a game!

True, it was revolutionary back in the day.
    I play forza a bit, but the selection stuff on gt is class in comparison especially if you're into Japanese yokes

Massive car selection compared to the first game but graphics weren't as good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Assetto corsa and a rig! Job done!

I kind of lost interest in racing games after getting my own car. Pedals > buttons, even if it is an econobox. :P

colm_mcm wrote: »
    True, it was revolutionary back in the day.
    I play forza a bit, but the selection stuff on gt is class in comparison especially if you're into Japanese yokes

I can't get any good at all at all out of any of them driving games.

I like Gran Turismo 5, career mode. Its the only reason I still have the ps3

• Advertisement

Gran turismo had a great sound track. Feeder!

I bought a ps3 just to play gran turismo 6.

Was dissapointed tbh.

Should have put money towards next car instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Gran turismo had a great sound track. Feeder!

That was gt3, i bloody loved that game, especially the endurance races

I think Ash was on it too - lose control.

The soundtrack to GTA5 is really good too .

It also had the only toyota I'd ever drive :pac:

1280px-Le_Mans_2013_%289347549094%29.jpg

That's the only one? :eek:

I can think of a couple of Toyotas I'd like to drive. AE86 being the #1.

That was gt3, i bloody loved that game, especially the endurance races

The first one too i think. Became a fan because of that game. Seen em live thrice. Garbage were on the first game too.

That's the only one? :eek:

I can think of a couple of Toyotas I'd like to drive. AE86 being the #1.

Yep, although having said that, I've been looking at old corollas as the next project, a lot of people will go oh christ at this next bit, but chop the springs, set of tacky roof rails, deep dished alloys, and a few other bits, but do it as cheap as possible :D

Yep, although having said that, I've been looking at old corollas as the next project, a lot of people will go oh christ at this next bit, but chop the springs, set of tacky roof rails, deep dished alloys, and a few other bits, but do it as cheap as possible :D

Sort of a 0 f*cks given build then. Sure it's all for fun and clearly not your daily so I have nothing against it. :)

• Advertisement

Sort of a 0 f*cks given build then. Sure it's all for fun and clearly not your daily so I have nothing against it. :)

Pretty much, but try make it half decent and different on a tiny budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The first one too i think. Became a fan because of that game. Seen em live thrice. Garbage were on the first game too.

haha same, GT3 I disabled almost all the other songs and just listened to feeder :D Saw them at V-fest a few years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

Playing my own car in GT6 is an utterly weird feeling.

I keep wondering why the GT6 version doesn't have either an engine light, or coolant warning light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ohh, were talking about gaming.........

I think I have a wii somewhere, can I be included? Ha

pffft wii :P

Oooh look I'm stroking a pony :pac:

What kind of kart have you in Mario kart? :P

• Advertisement

What kind of kart have you in Mario kart?

Been too long since I went on it! Mainly the sports game I'd play, tennis, etc. Must be 5 years anyway since I went near it.

I never was one for playing playstation etc, games, always outside doing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Tyres needed changed today, I ask whats available for my car and was met with a barrage of budget stuff I've had at some stage and told they were the business/everyone has them etc

I don't think he was expecting me to cut him off mid sentence and say "Listen, I don't want Chinese bullsh*te tyres on my car...."

Very happy with my new hankooks :)

dgt wrote: »
    Tyres needed changed today, I ask whats available for my car and was met with a barrage of budget stuff I've had at some stage and told they were the business/everyone has them etc

I don't think he was expecting me to cut him off mid sentence and say "Listen, I don't want Chinese bullsh*te tyres on my car...."

Obviously he didn't take any notice of you! :)

dgt wrote: »

They were trying to sell you Chinese tires before hankooks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

They were trying to sell you Chinese tires before hankooks?

Double rats, sunny, ling long. All fantastesticles I was told.

I politely disagreed with him

• Advertisement

Hydro suspension kids!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/9836326

Christ. I don't have the cash but feel like wasting his time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Camber is off any way, fly through tyres.

Never seen the appeal of negative camber on cars.

seeing as yer up ill ask, whats the story with buying a car from the uk, but not using it here...yet, I've my eye on something but as always it needs work, i know there's something like a 10 day period where you have to declare it or something

Christ. I don't have the cash but feel like wasting his time

Seen it in action once or twice, flick of a switch and it hops up to leave 3/4 inch gap above the wheels!

seeing as yer up ill ask, whats the story with buying a car from the uk, but not using it here...yet, I've my eye on something but as always it needs work, i know there's something like a 10 day period where you have to declare it or something

I used to have them details off to a tee. Let me think, something like 20 days to make an appointment with the vrt crowd and the whole process has to be done within a month or so. Them dates are probably off a bit, but that's the general process.

I used to have them details off to a tee. Let me think, something like 20 days to make an appointment with the vrt crowd and the whole process has to be done within a month or so. Them dates are probably off a bit, but that's the general process.

Balls :pac: so you cant just yknow drive it in and park it in a shed for the next say.....10 year?

Balls :pac: so you cant just yknow drive it in and park it in a shed for the next say.....10 year?

Do yas have any family in the Uk? If an english car is here, but registered to a uk address it's ok too.

Don't know why this crowd keep updating ads with cars that are already sold. Enquired about this car mid April and it was sold, few other ads are being updated and they are long sold!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7574600

Do yas have any family in the Uk? If an english car is here, but registered to a uk address it's ok too.

Don't know why this crowd keep updating ads with cars that are already sold. Enquired about this car mid April and it was sold, few other ads are being updated and they are long sold!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7574600

I think we do actually! they might finally come in useful :pac:

I hate people like that, there was an old polo i was looking at earlier for 250, turns out it was sold last month, why keep the ad there then? :confused:

I hate people like that, there was an old polo i was looking at earlier for 250, turns out it was sold last month, why keep the ad there then?

Main Ford dealer to make it worse!

Been on done deal this past hour nosing, narrowed the search down to Mayo, I've come across at least 20 cars that I do see around/owned by people I know.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement