Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Bit of uncertainty there alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

My guess would be stolen or a previous write off,I'd be looking at other options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Insurance Alert, one could only assume that the insurance company have been alerted of something, most likely a crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

I can't post pictures or links but did anyone see on the Audi cork Facebook page the a4 2005 they had in with apparently an original engine and 660k km on the clock. That's fair going for any car I know trucks and buses do more than that but it seems so much for a car to do you rarely here of them with that mileage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Welcome back Cip4 :) good to see you back :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jaysis I was seriously confused there for a few posts!

CIP4 your post about the constant maintenance had me convinced for a minute!

Am on dreaded public transport this week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

CIP4 wrote: »
    I can't post pictures or links but did anyone see on the Audi cork Facebook page the a4 2005 they had in with apparently an original engine and 660k km on the clock. That's fair going for any car I know trucks and buses do more than that but it seems so much for a car to do you rarely here of them with that mileage.

Good to see you back chief :)

Isn't your username a very old kk reg....? Circa 1950's......?

I haven't seen that link but in 2009 there was a 2004 Mondeo sold in a uk auction with over 500k miles, or 800k kms in new money. Theres an article written about it online somewhere!

dgt wrote: »
    Good to see you back chief :)

Isn't your username a very old kk reg....? Circa 1950's......?

Well spotted. I thought I was the only one who noticed that, I don't think its intentional though :p

CIP4 1958 Kilkenny reg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Well spotted. I thought I was the only one who noticed that, I don't think its intentional though :p

CIP4 1958 Kilkenny reg

No it's a pure coincidence a good one though.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Welcome back man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭bear1

T minus 2 days until the Honda goes continental :)
    I wonder whereabouts it will leave me stranded haha.
    Started looking at replacements tbh, narrowed it down to a legacy sw, newer version croma (starting to grow on me) and a 93 sw..
    Cant believe in stuck in a sw.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

bear1 wrote: »
    T minus 2 days until the Honda goes continental :)
    I wonder whereabouts it will leave me stranded haha.
    Started looking at replacements tbh, narrowed it down to a legacy sw, newer version croma (starting to grow on me) and a 93 sw..
    Cant believe in stuck in a sw.

I'd a friend with a legacy sw, they loved it

Stheno wrote: »

Cough.. It'll be a diesel... Cough
    They look class Imo, re the croma I'm looking for the 200bho version cause that's a proper sleeper and the 93 would be the 150 one. Couldn't stretch to a ttid

bear1 wrote: »
    Cough.. It'll be a diesel... Cough
    They look class Imo, re the croma I'm looking for the 200bho version cause that's a proper sleeper and the 93 would be the 150 one. Couldn't stretch to a ttid

It was the third gen I think my mates had.

As for the devil fuel :eek:

No idea even what a croma looks like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I'd love an outback actually. With the 3.0 petrol. But not in ireland. ..:-(

You certainly wouldn't expect 200 bhp from one!

It was the third gen I think my mates had.

As for the devil fuel :eek:

The modern Croma
    fiat_croma_2_2_mpi_16v_large_6168.jpg

A real Croma
    4218990497_c838b443e0.jpg

Last one I saw was a 2.5TD a few years back.... Easy to shove in a Daily 2.8TD engine.... That mechanical direct injection knock DROOOOL
    fiat-croma-2.5-05.jpg

Ugly

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-investigate-link-between-m1-fatal-crash-and-discovery-of-womans-body-in-house-31407361.html

I've twice encountered cars driving at speed the wrong way on motorways, frightened the crap out of me each time.

While I'll say RIP to the driver, god love the people in the other car who were unwitting victims in this too

Dgt I know someone with an original Croma (its petrol)....could probably be bought too

• Advertisement

Dgt I know someone with an original Croma (its petrol)....could probably be bought too

Ah jaysis don't be tempting him :pac:

No room! No real interest unless its a 2.5TD... :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Last one I saw was a 2.5TD a few years back.... Easy to shove in a Daily 2.8TD engine.... That mechanical direct injection knock DROOOOL
    fiat-croma-2.5-05.jpg

How many cylinders in that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Ugly

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-investigate-link-between-m1-fatal-crash-and-discovery-of-womans-body-in-house-31407361.html

I've twice encountered cars driving at speed the wrong way on motorways, frightened the crap out of me each time.

While I'll say RIP to the driver, god love the people in the other car who were unwitting victims in this too

I didn't follow that story right. The man drove up the wrong way more than likely on purpose. What did he do kill his wife and went tout to kill himself in his car while trying to take the life of his unsuspecting victims who were just going about their business.

The only time I came across someone driving the wrong way was up a one way street. And the attitude of them was as if I should get out of their way. I moved out of their way as well and it was only afterwards I was thinking to myself I should have crashed into them, thoughts brought on by their attitude towards me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I haven't seen one of those in YEARS.

I used to love the facelift of the original.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I haven't seen one of those in YEARS.

I used to love the facelift of the original.

Its been a while but I think its navy and a facelift one. Struggling to find parts for it mind

I didn't follow that story right. The man drove up the wrong way more than likely on purpose. What did he do kill his wife and went tout to kill himself in his car while trying to take the life of his unsuspecting victims who were just going about their business.

The only time I came across someone driving the wrong way was up a one way street. And the attitude of them was as if I should get out of their way. I moved out of their way as well and it was only afterwards I was thinking to myself I should have crashed into them, thoughts brought on by their attitude towards me.

It's happened to me twice on the M7 I always wondered if the drivers were suicidal, both times wrong way in the outside lane and driving at serious speed.

Both times I rang the cops after I met the cars as it scared me stupid, narrowly avoided hitting one of them.

It's the people he hit I feel sorry for most is what I meant. That could have been me, I spend up to 15 days a month on the M1 due to work

Interslice wrote: »
    How many cylinders in that?

4 cylinder :D engines supplied from Iveco/Sofim.... The 2.8 is the same engine with a different stroke (I think)

I would love to have a Croma with a 2.8 Turbo Daily engine under the bonnet :cool::cool::cool:

Edit: bored out too

4 cylinder :D engines supplied from Iveco/Sofim.... The 2.8 is the same engine with a different stroke (I think)

I would love to have a Croma with a 2.8 Turbo Daily engine under the bonnet :cool::cool::cool:

A modern..ish beast of turin hahaha. Did you see the original in action at good wood, 28L, 4 cylinders = 7L per cylinder. ..

• Advertisement

I'm going to have to youtube that :D

I'm going to have to youtube that :D

Side pipes? Who needs side pipes? Let's just vent these 7L cylinders straight out...

Struggling to find parts for it mind

I'd imagine so. There used to be a very early phase1 near me that had rust EVERYWHERE on it. I still struggle to understand that as I thought they were galvanized. There was a few phase2 near me too which seemed to last well enough but I think parts being NLA took them all off the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Edit: bored out too

I remember you saying the iveco was a 4 alright.
    Be a nice rumble out of it ;).

Going to look a a 1.8 focus tomorrow off a friend of a friend. Told it's a good runner. It's 700 euro, only up the road and has new tyres, nct and tax. Time to get rotary pump reliability and the cheap juice on the go again unfortunately. Told the body is a bit rough, hopefully not too bad. They're an ugly enough yolk at the best of times.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I'd imagine so. There used to be a very early phase1 near me that had rust EVERYWHERE on it. I still struggle to understand that as I thought they were galvanized. There was a few phase2 near me too which seemed to last well enough but I think parts being NLA took them all off the road.

Sadly :(
    4335172473_0acba3cddf_z.jpg?zz=1

I think the Tempra/Tipo were the 1st Fiats offered with a galvanized warranty

This car is actually an 88 2 litre..

Speaking of galvanised Tipos there is a 94-MH one around the corner fromm school in lovely nick. No rust at all, I always used to perv on it

• Advertisement

Anyone remember Lancias? Think I've said it on here before, but my dad was a shopkeeper, and I as a kid entered a competition in his name to win one of those mini transits (or some such) when they first came out.

Imagine his surprise reading the post at breakfast to discovered he'd won!

Anyway, we ended up with a Lancia after he sold the van and replaced it with a Lancia, that was a deadly car, four door saloon, I was about eight at the time, so early eighties, and fairly new, was a massive upgrade for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Fella near me has a tempra turbo diesel. Car is In great shape

It did make a big difference the galvanizing. My Tempra is still solid despite lying up ages. Only rust is on the rear doors just below the quarter light, never got any worse. Seemed to be a common rust spot on a lot of them

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Fella near me has a tempra turbo diesel. Car is In great shape

The last one I had see in regular use was a 94 TD owned by a farmer. It put up with dogs abuse and was killed in the end when the handbrake slipped on his tractor which ended up rolling over the bonnet and into the windscreen.

Lancia had a few saloons in the 80s, the Thema, Dedra, Prisma. I think the Prisma was a Delta with a boot

Early 80s though they had the Trevi. Google Lancia Trevi dashboard and be amazed

• Advertisement

Twas a Lancia that was very square that we had.

Think of a stylish Tiida

Those are my childish memories anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

This car is actually an 88 2 litre..

Speaking of galvanised Tipos there is a 94-MH one around the corner from school in lovely nick. No rust at all, I always used to perv on it

any excuse to post up some of my old much loved 2.0 16v sedicivalvole phase 2 car with honestly no rust anywhere- heavy galvanised from the factory :)

190748_1820088174755_2332840_n.jpg

197220_1820088254757_6476829_n.jpg

197949_1820087174730_857505_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

When I was a kid in the early 80s, we were a 2x Fiat Ritmo household. My father had a metallic blue 75 which he bought new and my mother had a mushroom coloured 60. Needless to say it was the beautiful 75 which rusted to ****e before being written off in a rear end smash 86 or 87.

You certainly wouldn't expect 200 bhp from one!

Yeah they aren't easy to find. They use the 2.4 diesel engine which I'm fairly sure has 200bhp or there about.

Marcusm wrote: »
    When I was a kid in the early 80s, we were a 2x Fiat Ritmo household. My father had a metallic blue 75 which he bought new and my mother had a mushroom coloured 60. Needless to say it was the beautiful 75 which rusted to ****e before being written off in a rear end smash 86 or 87.

Can't rememember a 75, remember the 70 & the super 85 and of course the 105TC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

Private seller or wheeler dealer? Import I assume?

CIP4 wrote: »

Neighbour had 580k miles on an avensis taxi. 02 IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just got a quote of 650 for my yoke, not bad going. AIG seem to be working for me this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Just got a quote of 650 for my yoke, not bad going. AIG seem to be working for me this year!

Just tried them myself, 1000 fully comp for me, or 600 if i download some good driver app thing......

I think I'll pay the grand :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement