Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just tried them myself, 1000 fully comp for me, or 600 if i download some good driver app thing......

I think I'll pay the grand :pac:

CoverInAClick.ie is who I went through for that quote, they gave me a better quote than AIG directly, (although it was only 30 quid less.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Ah righty, i just went to the aig site!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

CoverInAClick.ie is who I went through for that quote, they gave me a better quote than AIG directly, (although it was only 30 quid less.)

I've been with coverinaclick for past 2 years. It went up from €950 to €1112.60 this year, but they just called and got me a quote of €1085. I guess that's as good as it's gonna get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Just tried them myself, 1000 fully comp for me, or 600 if i download some good driver app thing......

I think I'll pay the grand :pac:

Sure i could download that for you and doddle around in a bus all day since they are slow !

Mind you they might think you're weird driving up and down the same road all day !

Sure i could download that for you and doddle around in a bus all day since they are slow !

Mind you they might think you're weird driving up and down the same road all day !

You could be onto something there :pac:

This seemed interesting for some weird reason. :P

^^

large.jpg

Just saw this on Buy and Sell facebook group.

Holy sh*t... that is an insane sun strip on the Audi.

11800490_1134561696557734_4188674596133625957_n.jpg?oh=4efcf70cf1996f00bad9713e4c6d025a&oe=564C77B2

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Good God.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

GvidoR wrote: »

<snip>

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Sun strip me arse...more like a "this is how massive a twat I am" strip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

11800490_1134561696557734_4188674596133625957_n.jpg?oh=4efcf70cf1996f00bad9713e4c6d025a&oe=564C77B2

Outside Dundalk one day I saw an E46 with a blacked out windscreen. Fully blacked out. How it wasn't pulled over I do not know :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Fcuking retard

These are the same cars that will be on DoneDeal for 3k above the market price because of these stupid mods :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Sun strip me arse...more like a "this is how massive a twat I am" strip!
    Whenever I see this kinda thing - I have to wonder - where do these characters get the money, and if I'm "so smart", why can't I afford to get a decent car and ruin it? :o:(:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Whenever I see this kinda thing - I have to wonder - where do these characters get the money, and if I'm "so smart", why can't I afford to get a decent car and ruin it? :o:(:confused:
    Because you're doing it the honest way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Just bought that focus estate. First ford for me. Nice to drive. Both the handling and power are alot better than I expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

OSI wrote: »
    And the amount of money the dope spent making that 1.6 TDI Golf look like a GTI, he could have just sold it and put the cost of the mods towards actually getting one. WTF is the point.

The really curious thing is, these people genuinely believe that their diesel is better than a GTI because a GTI os heavy on fuel or too much to tax or some such.

I've said it before, but the whole felt scene over here is fascinating...in a way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

fascinating and embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Interslice wrote:
    Going to look a a 1.8 focus tomorrow off a friend of a friend. Told it's a good runner. They're an ugly enough yolk at the best of times.

Get out of it ya pup ya!

Best of luck with it, us fordies might soon pass out the beemer brigade :pac:

• Advertisement

Tax disk came there, 636 for a piece of paper. I'm not used to this dear tax yuuup :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Tax disk came there, 636 for a piece of paper. I'm not used to this dear tax yuuup :pac:

That's cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That's cheap.

Hell yes. Mine came this morning too - €1,494! :pac:

That's cheap.

Ya I know it's not too bad, just thought I'd rile some of ye up that are paying proper dear tax!

Ya I know it's not too bad, just thought I'd rile some of ye up that are paying proper dear tax!

I's all plumb riled-up all-righty, but not at y'all. At that thar god-damn Revenoo! <sp'too> :pac:

How do you mean 4 exit. I thought it was left lane for left(1st exit) and left lane for straight ahead(2nd exit) and right lane if taking 3rd exit(right)

jimgoose wrote: »
    Hell yes. Mine came this morning too - €1,494! :pac:

And I'm here sad about my €101/3 months tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

OSI wrote: »
    ra-signal2.gif

I only do what the red car is at if I'm in a rush, and exit with caution!, for exactly the scenario in lightnings post. Be very reluctant to exit alongside another car particularly in their blind spot.

Had a guy decide he wants to go to the left lane on the N81 yesterday (he was on the right lane).

We were driving pretty much side-by-side, he indicates and doesn't even look to the left. I ended up having to swerve left and thankfully nobody was there to my left, trying to get into the turn left lane :rolleyes:

Just back from being at a friends garage, where he purchased himself a 04 318ci msport, apparently its the dogs dangles but i know not of this witchcraft :pac:

Proceeds to give me stick about owning a saab as he always does, and says his new car would be miles cheaper to insure as, it's newer, better, and not a saab :pac:

He proceeds to ring a good few insurers, the cheapest comes in an a eye watering 4K :o and this lad has been driving for a good long while, late thirties no accidents, no points and a good no claims bonus

It amused me to great extent :D

• Advertisement

Just back from being at a friends garage, where he purchased himself a 04 318ci msport, apparently its the dogs dangles but i know not of this witchcraft :pac:

Proceeds to give me stick about owning a saab as he always does, and says his new car would be miles cheaper to insure as, it's newer, better, and not a saab :pac:

He proceeds to ring a good few insurers, the cheapest comes in an a eye watering 4K :o and this lad has been driving for a good long while, late thirties no accidents, no points and a good no claims bonus

It amused me to great extent :D

Tell him The Goose Sez: There's nothing cooler than a Saab. Nothing. Possibly, the Lord help us, not even a Jaaaaag. Nah, not really!! :)

That is quite a price, i cannot understand anyone that doesn't check insurance before buying a car!

In other news, yours Friday?
    Getting wheels there on Friday so I'll do it all in one :)

Tell him The Goose Sez: There's nothing cooler than a Saab. Nothing. Possibly, the Lord help us, not even a Jaaaaag. Nah, not really!! :)

Hahaha see i don't mind what people think of them, i can take the stick :P
    But ill tell him that for sure next time Im over there

YbFocus wrote: »
    That is quite a price, i cannot understand anyone that doesn't check insurance before buying a car!

In other news, yours Friday?
    Getting wheels there on Friday so I'll do it all in one :)

Fryyyyyday yeah sounds good!

Also gona put it out there, does anyone know of any k11 micras going for next to nothing? apart from done deal and adverts like, I want one for eh....something awesome...which is a secret

Hahaha see i don't mind what people think of them, i can take the stick :P
    But ill tell him that for sure next time Im over there

While you're at it, tell him some people completely misapprehend what Cool is. :)

While you're at it, tell him some people completely misapprehend what Cool is. :)

Haha there seems to be a lot of that around here as of late :P But trust me no matter what i say, the answer is always, "yeah but at least its not a saab!" Must've had some traumatic experience with them or something

Haha there seems to be a lot of that around here as of late :P But trust me no matter what i say, the answer is always, "yeah but at least its not a saab!" Must've had some traumatic experience with them or something

He's trying to get a rise out of you. Tell him to fcuk off with his entry-level Ultan Shirt rep-box! :)

He's trying to get a rise out of you. Tell him to fcuk off with his entry-level Ultan Shirt rep-box! :)

:pac: I shall report back :P

He used to but i figured whats the point, its only a car, no point in getting thick about it, now i just go along with it and i think it annoys him more, and whoever else :D

@Tp once you get your re-mapped now that the new turbo is in the only thing he will be seeing is the back of your car go into the distance.

• Advertisement

@Tp once you get your re-mapped now that the new turbo is in the only thing he will be seeing is the back of your car go into the distance.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13494&d=1423290831

When going to post office today (in a rush) I noticed a Vento parked outside Jetta and TDI badges as well as a US licence plate tub. Other than that it looked completely original. Could it have been imported from Japan or US? Or the badges and tub were replaced by someone? Hmmm...

I was going to take a picture but it was driving away when I went outside :(

Saabs are pretty awesome and I'm sure a lot of people have a secret love for them but they just don't want to be seen in one.

The 900 Turbo is one of the best ones, IMO. I got a lift in one when I was a kid and I thought it was crazy fast!

Pov06 wrote: »
    Saabs are pretty awesome and I'm sure a lot of people have a secret love for them but they just don't want to be seen in one.

The 900 Turbo is one of the best ones, IMO. I got a lift in one when I was a kid and I thought it was crazy fast!

Have to agree there, my 900 is silly quick, even though its not one of the faster versions

Have to agree there, my 900 is silly quick, even though its not one of the faster versions

Eeeeh, so when will you take a few of us for a spin? :pac:

Eeeeh, so when will you take a few of us for a spin? :pac:

:pac:

Whenever the next meet is, if there will be one at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭mailforkev

When going to post office today (in a rush) I noticed a Vento parked outside Jetta and TDI badges as well as a US licence plate tub. Other than that it looked completely original. Could it have been imported from Japan or US? Or the badges and tub were replaced by someone? Hmmm...

I was going to take a picture but it was driving away when I went outside :(

Well the Vento was always a Jetta in the US so prob just a pointless import. LHD?

:pac:

Whenever the next meet is, if there will be one at all!

Yes!!!

I will probably sh*t my trousers though being used to 67 horsepower :D

Yes!!!

I will probably sh*t my trousers though being used to 67 horsepower :D

:pac: prepare yourself so

for 68 horsepower!!

I love that about the meets, going for a blast in the cars :)
    It's always exciting :)

mailforkev wrote: »
    Well the Vento was always a Jetta in the US so prob just a pointless import. LHD?

I'm very well aware of that. Unfortunately I didn't see if it was LHD or not. Japan and US usually have the same sort of spec though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement