Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

US Spec would have had sidelights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Big Nasty wrote: »
    US Spec would have had sidelights.

I only saw it from the back. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

YbFocus wrote: »
    I love that about the meets, going for a blast in the cars :)
    It's always exciting :)

That and the atmosphere, when there's a good crowd anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

That and the atmosphere, when there's a good crowd anyway

Never been to a Boards motors meet... Must try to attend the next one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Pov06 wrote: »
    Never been to a Boards motors meet... Must try to attend the next one :D

Do! There's been talk here and there of one, but i dont think there's gona be one soon :o

Do! There's been talk here and there of one, but i dont think there's gona be one soon :o

Sally Gap! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Interesting one, showing the favorite brands per country!

gembbyg-55b78b3c1569b.jpg

I saw that, I think it shows best selling new cars rather than favorites.

If it was favorites then Lithuania would have BMW and Ireland would have Toyota, imo.

GvidoR wrote: »
    I saw that, I think it shows best selling new cars rather than favorites.

If it was favorites then Lithuania would have BMW and Ireland would have Toyota, imo.

Lithuania would be Audi for sure. Latvia should be BMW :pac:

Not a hope in hell people like Fiats in Lithuania, not a hope.

Latvia could have BMW or VW.

Lithuanians do like their BMW's too.

• Advertisement

Latvia could have BMW or VW.

Lithuanians do like their BMW's too.

"Volkswagens and Audis – most popular in the Baltic States
    Collecting data about BTA-insured vehicles in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia, BTA concluded that the most popular vehicle brands with drivers of all three Baltic States are Volkswagen and Audi, invariably so since 2010."

Fiat my ar*e :pac:

Pov06 wrote: »
    Fiat my ar*e :pac:

My thoughts exactly, but I guess they sold quite a few brand new Fiats there recently.

Sorry yes I mean't best selling :)

What a car. What an ad. Epic. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

Still better than a ****ing car than a Dacia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I always liked the accord gen 7 ad. Won awards I believe and no cgi

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

@ bear did your remote locks ever go and was it just the battery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Stheno wrote: »
    @ bear did your remote locks ever go and was it just the battery?

Do you mean the key battery? If yes then no, never went. Should be simple enough to replace the battery though.
    In the Alfa they did which was annoying cause it would set off the alarm for some reason.

• Advertisement

Everyone, dislike this video :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvJLAq8vGGc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I quite enjoyed that senseless destruction actually :cool:

That makes me sick, it's totally horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Did she give zero fcks because she's on heroin?? Should have got a girl whose had a sandwich in the last week to wash it! That's marketing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Everyone, dislike this video :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvJLAq8vGGc

clarkson did worse in one of his dvd specials.. clarksons car wars or car years it was called afik ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Having one of those days I feel too old/fat for my rather unrefined car.

Methinks next year a change is on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Having one of those days I feel too old/fat for my rather unrefined car.

Methinks next year a change is on the cards.

And you'll buy it back yet again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Seen a set of decent alloys on donedeal that would suit my Toyota.. I gave the owner a call around 10am about them, and told him that I'll call him after work (around 5pm) to arrange to view them.. Just after coming online and noticed that they were marked sold an hour ago to someone else , just my luck! :(

Anyhow, my Night-Breakers came so its time to fit them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Seen a set of decent alloys on donedeal that would suit my Toyota.. I gave the owner a call around 10am about them, and told him that I'll call him after work (around 5pm) to arrange to view them.. Just after coming online and noticed that they were marked sold an hour ago to someone else , just my luck! :(

Anyhow, my Night-Breakers came so its time to fit them!

I'd say allows to suit Corolla wouldn't last long same with golfs a lot of people have both with steelies and want alloys you have to be quick but then I suppose if you have work you can't do much.

CIP4 wrote: »
    I'd say allows to suit Corolla wouldn't last long same with golfs a lot of people have both with steelies and want alloys you have to be quick but then I suppose if you have work you can't do much.

Yeah I shouldve acted faster, my own fault I guess! Im just hoping that a set of alloys will appear for sale tonight. Im away in Galway tomorrow (so I will not be alloy-shopping) and Ive the whole day off Friday, so I could travel that day to get a set. I cant stand looking out at the car with its hubcaps on :pac:

Unfortunately this Megane is turning out to be a pig on diesel you can't keep it in it I've been tracking it on fuelly and the results are depressing. The most annoying part is if the trip on the car tells you it's used 30 litres of fuel it calculates the l/100km based on this then you turn around and go to fill it up and it will take 35-36 litres. Which basically means the trip computer is complete and utterly useless. Currently I have about 350 km done range over 1100 km unless your going to push it 500 km it won't do that. It's a it annoying when your use to having accurate vag computers that will read within 0.2l/100km sure what can you do I should have bought a 1.4 golf :pac:

And then the other issue is the gauge reads either 1/4 of a tank two bars or 1 bar red warning light on no middle and the manual says the car will only do 50km on the lights tai vags will do 140km on the light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

950km on a tank isn't bad going though.

OSI wrote: »
    I rarely see 500 :-/

Was thinking the same, 500km max and the dearer fuel! :(

Still I'm never sad until I gotta fill it up :D

950km on a tank isn't bad going though.

Well That's a guess I always fill it when it's half a tank I might let it run down this tank for the craic and see I think they could be a 60 litre tank. It's just they all go on about euro 5 engines and high Mpg and you never see it. Ah sure if it's the only thing I have to complain about I'm not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

*posts about full tank*

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

22417688.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I get about 600 from a full tank in the accord mostly motorway driving

OSI wrote: »
    I rarely see 500 :-/

Ah well now we are not really comparing like with like if I was driving a gti I wouldn't mind 500km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I love filling up, it means I know longer have to use the happy peddle like a granny.
    That and the fact that a fill up costs around 60 quid doesn't make it so bad.

The downside is I fill up a lot. My reserve light comes on with 30 L of fuel in reserve...german electronics and italian electricians don't mix:pac:

Stheno wrote: »
    I get about 600 from a full tank in the accord mostly motorway driving

That ain't bad, I'm 450-500 all the time but with feck all open roads!

I love filling up, it means I know longer have to use the happy peddle like a granny.

The downside is I fill up a lot. My reserve light comes on with 30 L of fuel in reserve...german electronics and italian electricians don't mix:pac:

Mine takes a smidgen over €80 to fill!
    Like comes on with a quarter tank, always a sad moment!

• Advertisement

Are you still playing fuelly roulette?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

CIP4 wrote: »
    Well That's a guess I always fill it when it's half a tank I might let it run down this tank for the craic and see I think they could be a 60 litre tank. It's just they all go on about euro 5 engines and high Mpg and you never see it. Ah sure if it's the only thing I have to complain about I'm not too bad.

Might be worthwhile leaving it run down a bit. It might recalibrate the guage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Finally got my money back from paypal for those wheels.

Finally got my money back from paypal for those wheels.

My god what a joke that was, any contact from the jokes that you made the purchase from?

My god what a joke that was, any contact from the jokes that you made the purchase from?

I tracked him down through people on facebook and found his personal page, we were in contact from there but it did end in a claim. Got the money back today so straight over to JDMdistro for me, just deciding weather to go Gun metal grey or Bronze.

I tracked him down through people on facebook and found his personal page, we were in contact from there but it did end in a claim. Got the money back today so straight over to JDMdistro for me, just deciding weather to go Gun metal grey or Bronze.

Have you a link to the wheels there Chris?

Have you a link to the wheels there Chris?

These are the gunmetal.
    https://japanracing.modeview.com/pl/presentation/83063659fcb6bd58

These are the bronze
    https://japanracing.modeview.com/pl/presentation/c903ed1919d5465c

I seen a chaser with the bronze wheels at the toyota meet up and it looked a bit strange, It might have just been the offset he picked, I will see if I can find a picture.

These are the gunmetal.
    https://japanracing.modeview.com/pl/presentation/83063659fcb6bd58

These are the bronze
    https://japanracing.modeview.com/pl/presentation/c903ed1919d5465c

I seen a chaser with the bronze wheels at the toyota meet up and it looked a bit strange, It might have just been the offset he picked, I will see if I can find a picture.

I think the bronze would really suit your car.

This is it.
    11226046_904636889597980_3130725025257387368_n.jpg?oh=8b42337b4521ea1e50eb282d8f932a73&oe=5652FED3

• Advertisement

Looks nice in the bronze, but I think the gunmetal would look that bit nicer IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement