Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Autosport wrote: »
    I've now sold my German Daysul car and purchased a new Swedish Daysul car :D

P.S I was followed by a Mercedes this evening but it was all legit as he was lost :D

Welcome to the flatpack life :pac:

Whatcha get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Well wear :) Have you collected the new car autosport your Astra wasn't that old was it did you rack up many miles in it ?

Im off all this week so i esentially did myself out of a day off :p

/Washes away dissapointment with more Beer

From 1 o clock tomorrow I'll be off for a week and a bit. It'll be the longest 5 hour shift ever. Straight down to mitchelstown for indiependence then :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I got cut up by a nutter in a ka in drumcondra, who then caused havoc trying to go in and out of the bus lane

And the cops thought a checkpoint just off exit three of the M1 at sixo'clock was a good idea, they caused tailbacks on the M1

From 1 o clock tomorrow I'll be off for a week and a bit. It'll be the longest 5 hour shift ever. Straight down to mitchelstown for indiependence then :D

5 hour shift sure that's not a job at all :pac: Or are you in one of these places where you get an early finish on a Friday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

CIP4 wrote: »
    5 hour shift sure that's not a job at all :pac: Or are you in one of these places where you get an early finish on a Friday.

One of my customers likes to schedule meetings for four o'clock on a Friday:(

Its still too long :P Im meant to be off this week too. Normally it's 8 to half 3 of a Friday but we're technically "shut down" for two weeks. Only a few of us in this week so the boss said he wants us gone by 1 tomorrow. I didn't complain

Stheno wrote: »
    One of my customers likes to schedule meetings for four o'clock on a Friday:(
    Its still too long :P Im meant to be off this week too. Normally it's 8 to half 3 of a Friday but we're technically "shut down" for two weeks. Only a few of us in this week so the boss said he wants us gone by 1 tomorrow. I didn't complain

I do 7-7 shifts regardless of day. I actually don't mind it you get used to it. Im on Fri, sat, sun though.

I do 7-7 shifts regardless of day. I actually don't mind it you get used to it. Im on Fri, sat, sun though.

That's not too bad, shifts where the hours change are a horror

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Was at it a few years back, I swear there was people got hypothermia at the outdoor stages... weather doesn't look much better this year but line up is good!

• Advertisement

That's not too bad, shifts where the hours change are a horror

Ah ye im so used to it it would feel weird to start doing 8-5pm. Ah I only have a few weeks left I'll miss the place big time it was great to get out of the lecture halls for a while and put to use some of the stuff we learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

D5 Volvo ?

Not a 1.6 i hope :p

Close but not close enough :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Close but not close enough :P

A D3, well wear :pac:

Welcome to the flatpack life :pac:

Whatcha get?

Volvo V40 :)

Well wear :) Have you collected the new car autosport your Astra wasn't that old was it did you rack up many miles in it ?

Collecting it either tomorrow or sat, Astra is 2.5 years old and has 57,500kms :) gonna miss it but Volvo has a bigger engine :D

Collecting it either tomorrow or sat, Astra is 2.5 years old and has 57,500kms :) gonna miss it but Volvo has a bigger engine :D

Is it brand new you sold the Astra privately was it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Congrats man :)

I feel like a NATO peacekeeper in the other thread :)

YbFocus wrote: »

Ya that today I did something to my car thread can get a little mad alright :pac:

Is it brand new you sold the Astra privately was it.

Yup brand new, Astra was traded against it and have to say got a pretty good price for it.

• Advertisement

I've been watching silently with my bag of imaginary popcorn. The amount of posts there is ridiculous. If ye keep going at this rate ye'll be at 10k posts in no time :pac:

Yup brand new, Astra was traded against it and have to say got a pretty good price for it.

What engine bhp are they I'm too lazy to look it up I don't know much about newer volvos make sure you throw up a few pics should be a very comfortable cruiser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What thread is this in? Looked in the today I did something to my car and only seen a post by GvidoR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Found it is250 thread.

What engine bhp are they I'm too lazy to look it up I don't know much about newer volvos make sure you throw up a few pics should be a very comfortable cruiser.

I have now upscaled to a Premium brand ;) it's 120bhp 2.0 litre, very comfy to drive :)

Found it is250 thread.

If you have a day just start reading..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

If you have a day just start reading..

Save your braincells and steer clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Save your braincells and steer clear

I'm actually tired of seeing that thread in this forum. I click on it all the time just to mark it as read :-)

Edit: Ah jaysis there's an IS300h thread now too

I have now upscaled to a Premium brand ;) it's 120bhp 2.0 litre, very comfy to drive :)

But it's not a German :pac:

Anyone want to guess what irritates me about this it's a picture from my car with ignition on. There is something different to almost all other cars the hint is that it's to do with the engine not running but yet....

image_zpsiuqdl77m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭job seeker

Nice one. At least it passed. Ive noticed that the inspections have gone a bit half arsed lately. They didnt even open the boot for my test this year. The new discs are a bit bright alright. A garda can tell the car is tested 100m on approach to a checkpoint :P

Passed with the adviserie as the rear number plate light was gone.. The tester was like.. "your rear number number plate light is gone" I was like "oh" then he handed the n.c.t cert.. Late night maybe? Ha

But it's not a German :pac:

Anyone want to guess what irritates me about this it's a picture from my car with ignition on. There is something different to almost all other cars the hint is that it's to do with the engine not running but yet....

image_zpsiuqdl77m.jpg

Check engine light?

• Advertisement

Check engine light?

Ah no that is on in all cars when ignition is on but engine is not running but your not too far off.

Ah no that is on in all cars when ignition is on but engine is not running but your not too far off.

Does it have to check all the control functions before the engine starts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

do you have to wiggle the gearstick or put it in neutral or hold the clutch or press the break or wink at the dash or something before it lets you start?

Does it have to check all the control functions before the engine starts?

Ye ah well that comes up everytime and then says ok but you can start it straight away while it's still checking control functions. So that not it either.

It's not on mine :) and I am fairly sure the alfas were the same :)

The fact you can only rev to 5k :p

do you have to wiggle the gearstick or put it in neutral or hold the clutch or press the break or wink at the dash or something before it lets you start?

No it's actually rather intelligent that way it will start with no feet on the pedals if in neutral. But if it's in gear and you go to start it not pressing the clutch it won't start and will tell you to put your foot on the clutch. So in other words you can't jerk it by starting it in gear. The older ones you had to clutch or brake regardless starting.

The fact you can only rev to 5k :p

I think thats more of a diesel thing rather than it being a specific Renault Megane thing :pac:

No it's actually rather intelligent that way it will start with no feet on the pedals if in neutral. But if it's in gear and you go to start it not pressing the clutch it won't start and will tell you to put your foot on the clutch. So in other words you can't jerk it by starting it in gear. The older ones you had to clutch or brake regardless starting.

Is that feature not a good thing though?

Is that feature not a good thing though?

It is alright a good thing that's not what I'm complaining about I don't think anyone is going to get it you were probably the closest.

But imagine you get into your car turn on the ignition but don't start the engine what would you see in yours that is not on mine.

• Advertisement

tachometer?

tachometer?

Nope think lights that would be on with no engine running I'm basically giving it away now :)

It is alright a good thing that's not what I'm complaining about I don't think anyone is going to get it you were probably the closest.

But imagine you get into your car turn on the ignition but don't start the engine what would you see in yours that is not on mine.

The Speedo?

All the other dash lights don't light up? Is there any more lights or just a message?

abs, traction control, seatbelt, airbag, emissions, time, date, fuel, oil temp, battery, happy birthday, ?!

Ok so on any car I've every had turn on ignition all lights come on the Megane does this then after a few seconds in the Megane your left with the engine light.

However in every other car I've had your left with engine light, battery light and low oil pressure light. This is logical as an engine that's not running has to have a battery discharging and it can't have correct oil pressure as Pistons aren't even cranking. However Renault have forced the lights off.

All the other dash lights don't light up? Is there any more lights or just a message?

Ah no it has all the lights that a normal car would have alright.

Ok so on any car I've every had turn on ignition all lights come on the Megane does this then after a few seconds in the Megane your left with the engine light.

However in every other car I've had your left with engine light, battery light and low oil pressure light. This is logical as an engine that's not running has to have a battery discharging and it can't have correct oil pressure as Pistons aren't even cranking. However Renault have forced the lights off.

Ah jaysus

Mine just has the oil and battery light, no engine light. Do you have to wait for it to do its checks before it can start?

• Advertisement

Mine just has the oil and battery light, no engine light. Do you have to wait for it to do its checks before it can start?

Even that I'd prefer but no if your in a rush you just slot in the key are press start it will start the engine immediately it will continue to check control functions but that won't prevent it starting.

My point is the in an average car you know your oil pressure gauge and battery light are working by the fact they stay on with the ignition on engine off so if you went out to your car one day and the low oil pressure light didn't stay on with engine off you'd know the sensor if most likely fcuked with the Megane you'd be none the wiser.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement