Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Cheapest parking in Dublin city center this afternoon?

Free parking at the wax museum if it's not full of taxi drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

My renewal is after coming back to me for €1050 so I'm not happy to pay that. Any recommended brokers I could try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

dorgasm wrote: »
    Must have made their day seeing it come in!

07 LS600h took all the glory :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Sobanek wrote: »
    07 LS600h took all the glory :(

They clearly didn't look under your bonnet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Only the tester did and complimented me on the car :D

Sobanek wrote: »
    Only the tester did and complimented me on the car :D

All you need really :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My renewal is after coming back to me for €1050 so I'm not happy to pay that. Any recommended brokers I could try?

Aaran insurance. 014782020.

beertons wrote: »

Lovely, I'll give them a call. Tried Campion and the lad on the phone told me that it's not worth either of our time having them try? Bizarre phone call from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

beertons wrote: »

I have a personal rule of thumb to avoid any business whose name was contrived so they would be first in the phone book!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

All seals now changed and VVTI cam pulley replaced, 400 euro down but at least the car is sorted.....now to tax it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I loved putting the Bora through the NCT, the inspector opened the bonnet scratched his head and called over 2 other guys and they all scratched their heads, and me like the proud father in a maternity ward looking through the glass :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I have a personal rule of thumb to avoid any business whose name was contrived so they would be first in the phone book!

It's just business. You don't have to cuddle them.

Reminds me of a time I was looking up accountants. Aardvark accounting. Genius.

tossy wrote: »
    I loved putting the Bora through the NCT, the inspector opened the bonnet scratched his head and called over 2 other guys and they all scratched their heads, and me like the proud father in a maternity ward looking through the glass :D

Was the check engine light on :pac::pac:

Have you any pics of that Bora? Don't think I ever saw it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Cheapest parking in Dublin city center this afternoon?

Bit late now but Connolly station is 9 quid for the day but you can pay per hour as well. 9 Euro is for 24 hours by the way and not until six like some car parks.

Was the check engine light on :pac::pac:

lol

A few pics.

ds62k.jpg

ds63k.jpg

29062008135oe41.jpg

273.jpg

283.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Submitted for your pleasure, a 1906 Adams-Farwell 6A Convertible Roundabout with a five-cylinder rotary engine:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Wow tossy!

Just wow!

From the drawer labelled "If it ain't broke...", a 1,500 BHP Koeneggsiggsegggsigg that works much like a 1962 British Rail Class 55 locomotive:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/geneva-auto-show/news/a25167/koenigsegg-regera-hypercar-first-look-details/?mag=roa&click=yr

lol

A few pics.

1282786204310.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

YbFocus wrote: »
    Wow tossy!

Just wow!

Agreed.

I thought the Bora was just a boring 4 pot lump of a car similar to a Primera or a Avensis. Your car looks class.

• Advertisement

Agreed.

I thought the Bora was just a boring 4 pot lump of a car similar to a Primera or a Avensis. Your car looks class.

No available in 5 and 6 cylinders and 4wd.0

VW added a few nice things in the factory then i added a few more. There is something missing from the Engine bay and something added :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

When you get that tossy?

Thought you were in an A4 Avant or was that someone else?

Big Nasty wrote: »
    When you get that tossy?

Thought you were in an A4 Avant or was that someone else?

I am lol had the Bora years ago, i like to remember it every now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

At this point it feels like I'm advertising or something but I got the best quote from coverinaclick.ie
    A few pics.

I said it before and I'll say it again, that's purely amazing.
    I thought the Bora was just a boring 4 pot lump of a car similar to a Primera or a Avensis.

Such+insult+much+sad+very+cry+_d844feb73914de574240a995b7a944cc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

jimgoose wrote: »
    Submitted for your pleasure, a 1906 Adams-Farwell 6A Convertible Roundabout with a five-cylinder rotary engine:

I fail to see how a rotary engine can have cylinders :confused:

I fail to see how a rotary engine can have cylinders :confused:

Not a Wankel rotary, a "radial" rotary, as in the old WWI fighter planes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_engine

Not a Wankel rotary, a "radial" rotary, as in the old WWI fighter planes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_engine

okay.jpg

It saddens me however, that I shall never own a car with an engine built by Motorenfabrik Oberursel A.G. or Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz. :D

OSI wrote: »
    Probably both get the same mpg.

Quite. They were an interesting bit of kit insofar as they had the normal four-stroke arrangement, but the fuel/air/oil was inducted via the crankcase, like a two-stroke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭RobTheLad

• Advertisement

^ In fairness, who thought they'd get away with re-registering an E46 M3 as anything else? 1.8 on the logbook......yeah, twat!

^ In fairness, who thought they'd get away with re-registering an E46 M3 as anything else? 1.8 on the logbook......yeah, twat!

You'd have to wonder. The M3 isn't even cosmetically the same as the regular E46. If it was a 330 marked as a 318 then maybe you'd understand why they'd risk it.

My point exactly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Hey guys, what is the difference between a Volkswagon Golf Match, compared to the other golf models, i.e trendline , comfortline etc.
    I tried googling it but couldnt find an explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Pangea wrote: »
    Hey guys, what is the difference between a Volkswagon Golf Match, compared to the other models, i.e trendline , comfortline etc.
    I tried googling it but couldnt find an explanation.
    Takes all day to complete the roundtrip, but you have a great natter along the way and get to wear wacky clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Loving the new app layout! Much easier to use, and you can edit now TG!

What app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

RobTheLad wrote: »

Delighted for them. Revenue should be inspecting any engine change where the supposed engine going in is smaller than the one going out.
    Someone signed off on those forms.

OSI wrote: »
    Which model?

1.6 Tdi hatchback golf match the ad says

I'd imagine match is the uk run-out mark6 golf model. It was on the mk5 anyway.

The VW Golf Match offers terrific value for money in a terrific car. For around £1,250 more than a base level Golf S, you get automatic lights and wipers, cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, USB and iPod connectors, a digital radio, a trip computer, alloy wheels, more storage areas and a classier interior finish. There's no better family car in this class. The Golf will transport four in comfort and five at a pinch, has a full five-star Euro NCAP safety rating and enjoys a fine reputation for reliability. In Match trim it is available with a 120bhp 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine and two diesels – a 103bhp 1.6 and a 138bhp 2.0-litre, both of which are available with VW's BlueMotion Technology, which adds engine stop-start, low rolling resistance tyres, a gearshift indicator and battery recharging under braking. BlueMotion Technology is an optional extra on Match and GT models, and shouldn’t be confused with the separate BlueMotion models, which have even more fuel-saving modifications.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'd imagine match is the uk run-out mark6 golf model. It was on the mk5 anyway.

Excellent thanks, never heard of mk5 or the mark 6 either.

Excellent thanks, never heard of mk5 or the mark 6 either.

Volkswagen-Golf-crosses-30-millionth-production-milestone.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Got the bonnet open!

Quick Guide is to pop the kidneys. Gives you access to the passenger side bonnet latch. Pull the cable from there.

Took out the drivers indicator and pulled the cable there and it popped the drivers side!

10 mins work.
    At least I've access until the cable comes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Quite. They were an interesting bit of kit insofar as they had the normal four-stroke arrangement, but the fuel/air/oil was inducted via the crankcase, like a two-stroke.

In a module last year in college we spent a few lectures going through wankel and radial rotary engines as well as your standard petrol and diesel internal combustion engines it was quite interesting.

Although looking back it wasn't very relevant as it was a thermodynamics module so it wasn't as if any questions about these engines would come up on the exam. But then we had a mechanical engineer as our lecture so I think he just felt hard done by and didn't want to talk about thermo all the time :)

1.6 Tdi hatchback golf match the ad says

They are a step above the entry level s model. So they generally have cruise control, alloys, parking sensors, leather steering wheel, ipod connectivity, auto light and wipers, trip computer. Bear in mind they only came on uk cars so it won't be irish. The closest irish equivalent spec would be comfortline althought they are not the exact same. Would also normally come with the 105bhp output where as the basic specs were 90bhp although it is the same 1.6tdi engine just one is detuned.

Thats great guys thanks, I was looking at this match http://goo.gl/zYEC5I1
    Im looking for my first car, and that looks pretty good to my amateur eyes, pricey but its only three years old. Only thing it looks quite normal on the outside.

• Advertisement

You should do a history check if you're serious about buying, (after test drive, but before buying)

Thats great guys thanks, I was looking at this match http://goo.gl/zYEC5I
    Im looking for my first car, and that looks pretty good to my amateur eyes, pricey but its only three years old. Only thing it looks quite normal on the outside.

Tbh 16k is a fairly good price for that car I'm suprised they are not looking for more. There are still plenty of 2010 reg making 13-14k. Most garages would advertise that for closer to 18k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Got my car back, happy happy happy :D

Got my car back, happy happy happy :D

Working well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Working well?

Yep! It'd pull the clothes off you now :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement