Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Neither car blows bulbs all that often. Even the nightbreakers on front. Some rear bulbs are still factory at 10+ years. Don't see the value in the bulb warning thing really unless it was wired to some kinda random electrical shock system for people who won't replace headlights.

I have mine nearly a year and I've seen the light once. I suppose it's handy in ways but hardly a big deal to have to manually check your lights every week or so.

@tp

Do you know can you use an axa discount card if paying with a halfords voucher also I assume if what you buy comes to more than what's on the voucher you can sub it with cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Bpmull wrote: »
    @tp

Do you know can you use an axa discount card if paying with a halfords voucher also I assume if what you buy comes to more than what's on the voucher you can sub it with cash.

I'm in tomorrow so i'll ask and let you know then!

I'm in tomorrow so i'll ask and let you know then!

No hassle if you forget. It's just I have a voucher in my glove box since christmas so want to use it up might get one of the half price tool sets while there on offer. Not the end of the world if I can't get the 10% off.

No hassle if you forget. It's just I have a voucher in my glove box since christmas so want to use it up might get one of the half price tool sets while there on offer. Not the end of the world if I can't get the 10% off.

Ah no, to be honest it was something that crossed my mind too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ah no, to be honest it was something that crossed my mind too

Which halfords are you in tp? Pm if you prefer

Stheno wrote: »
    Which halfords are you in tp? Pm if you prefer

Shall do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ha, another one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rubin_spitfire

10007456_1618404325038052_3960311190447872551_n.jpg?oh=ce9691aa491474a628e0cb8c62361336&oe=558D6391&__gda__=1437961902_d222d8fd29da4ad2588cca112a18d364

The negative sides to Jaguar ownership..

• Advertisement

Blurry pictures?

I do see what your talking about though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Shall do!

Me too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...The negative sides to Jaguar ownership..

Hmm, most impressive. XJ8? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

^
    12.4MPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Saw a dublin counsel tow truck towing an Audi A6 with the handbrake still on, smoke pouring from the rear wheels. I wonder who pays for that damage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

^
    12.4MPG

Yes, I know - that's what I'm talking about. My 3l says 23.8 average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Saw a dublin counsel tow truck towing an Audi A6 with the handbrake still on, smoke pouring from the rear wheels. I wonder who pays for that damage...

The owner, I'd imagine.
    It could be worse if the a6 was a quattro! Eek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Should have taken a pic. No doubt they'll deny all knowledge of it to the owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

God the conversion rate is brutal with the UK atm.

1 euro = .69 pence sterling

Ugh

OSI wrote: »
    Yes to all questions. I've done this recently enough.

Grand! less stuff for me to ask :pac:

so its my day of birth and so far I've spent near 600 euro :o and all i have to show for it is a tax disc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Happy Vagina evacuation day

Been keeping an eye on this all week and I missed it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I was the same when I was coming up to 123456, gutted was not the word :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Guys, would scrapes on a car, put you off a car if everything else was fine? Im looking at a car and theres scrapes running along the side, and theres two circle of scrapes on the bonnet. Man said he would use some sort of substance to get rid of them.
    Otherwise Im all for the car.
    Heres the bonnet scrapes http://i.imgur.com/Q1dUUnu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Pangea wrote: »
    Guys, would scrapes on a car, put you off a car if everything else was fine? Im looking at a car and theres scrapes running along the side, and theres two circle of scrapes on the bonnet. Man said he would use some sort of substance to get rid of them.
    Otherwise Im all for the car.
    Heres the bonnet scrapes http://i.imgur.com/Q1dUUnu.jpg

If he could get the scrapes off and the car was sound otherwise, then it should be grand.

We have cats around the farmyard here and they have scrapes just like that all over the bonnet of the jeep :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Letter for Insurance renewal came in the post today for the Glanza. 23 yo, 3 yrs NCB, €660!!

Couldn't believe it. Big drop from last year's quote of €1800.

I was the same when I was coming up to 123456, gutted was not the word :pac:

That's my next target. Probably miss that too

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Took you 5km to stop? Where were you, the autobhan?

beertons wrote: »
    Took you 5km to stop? Where were you, the autobhan?

Miles. Was on the way home from work and only spotted it in the driveway. Was expecting the 111111 on the way home and all!

• Advertisement

I got pics for both the focus and golf :)

41CB883D-6823-400E-A001-14FA1EFC5185_zpsvmjwfsvg.jpg

Went into halfords to pick up a socket set while they were on offer just a nice neat 1/4 inch with loads of bits to have it thrown in the boot. They were showing as in stock in kilkenny store, went in and she checked on the computer and they have 6 of them but they couldn't sell me one as they couldn't find it. Wasn't on the shelves and they couldn't find it in the back. So they took my number and said they'd ring me if they find it but I don't think ill be getting a call. May drop into another halfords if I'm passing.

Went into halfords to pick up a socket set while they were on offer just a nice neat 1/4 inch with loads of bits to have it thrown in the boot. They were showing as in stock in kilkenny store, went in and she checked on the computer and they have 6 of them but they couldn't sell me one as they couldn't find it. Wasn't on the shelves and they couldn't find it in the back. So they took my number and said they'd ring me if they find it but I don't think ill be getting a call. May drop into another halfords if I'm passing.

I know one that has haaaypes of them ;)

I know one that has haaaypes of them ;)

I don't know if its worth a spin to dublin for one :) Ah ill be in cork next week might drop into one then should that sale be going on for a good few weeks I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Miles. Was on the way home from work and only spotted it in the driveway. Was expecting the 111111 on the way home and all!
    I got pics for both the focus and golf :)

41CB883D-6823-400E-A001-14FA1EFC5185_zpsvmjwfsvg.jpg

Reminds me of that episode of American Dad where Roger was trying to watch his clock turn over but he got distracted when it was about to turn over so he missed it and kept driving non stop for as year to get it again and again he missed it. Good episode.

Reminds me of that episode of American Dad where Roger was trying to watch his clock turn over but he got distracted when it was about to turn over so he missed it and kept driving non stop for as year to get it again and again he missed it. Good episode.

I was watching that last night :pac:

• Advertisement

Grand! less stuff for me to ask :pac:

so its my day of birth and so far I've spent near 600 euro :o and all i have to show for it is a tax disc

Breithlá bronntanas a chara! (my nonsensical birthday wish as Gaeilge). Friday the 13th baby.

Was in your Limerick branch today for a quote on stereo, facia adaptor and wiring harness. The stereo is cheaper than the adaptor and harness as expected. Came away with washer fluid and batteries though! Hope you've a good birthday!

Breithlá bronntanas a chara! (my nonsensical birthday wish as Gaeilge). Friday the 13th baby.

Was in your Limerick branch today for a quote on stereo, facia adaptor and wiring harness. The stereo is cheaper than the adaptor and harness as expected. Came away with washer fluid and batteries though! Hope you've a good birthday!

why thank you kind sir! It was rather busy, off to see the lady now for my "present" ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

why thank you kind sir! It was rather busy, off to see the lady now for my "present" ;):D

A voucher for Halfords?

:pac:

Giggidy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Happy birthday poastedtickles :D

• Advertisement

If he could get the scrapes off and the car was sound otherwise, then it should be grand.

We have cats around the farmyard here and they have scrapes just like that all over the bonnet of the jeep :pac:

Thanks, yes it must have been a cat!

Looked at a car yesterday, thought the tyres were a bit worn
    What do you think?
    http://i.imgur.com/fxi59oh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Lots of life left in that tyre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Yeah they look grand.

Alright lads, the car is in for bodywork at the moment but they've come across a problem, she won't start. Everything else is getting power, all the dash lights up, radio works, lights etc but an auto electrician said that there's no power even getting to the starter.

This happened once the day after I bought it but started perfect the next day and never gave any bother until yesterday is the shop, I thought it was the battery but now I'm stuck.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd like the be out of this Yaris ASAP :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Alright lads, the car is in for bodywork at the moment but they've come across a problem, she won't start. Everything else is getting power, all the dash lights up, radio works, lights etc but an auto electrician said that there's no power even getting to the starter.

This happened once the day after I bought it but started perfect the next day and never gave any bother until yesterday is the shop, I thought it was the battery but now I'm stuck.

if an auto electrician couldnt tell you then I dont think we can. Ignoring the "auto electrician" try a new battery anyway or you might need a new starter motor.

if an auto electrician couldnt tell you then I dont think we can. Ignoring the "auto electrician" try a new battery anyway or you might need a new starter motor.

I dont think the battery is the problem, bare in mind it's been run every day for the past 5 months with no battery problems or starting problems and all the other electronics. Only starting problem was when I first got it, it was never even hesitant to start before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

if an auto electrician couldnt tell you then I dont think we can.
    pretty much this, if a guy with a multimeter can't pinpoint the break in the chain then we'll only be bouncing random ideas - FN do you have any of the funky battery attachments that give trouble? Battery squib?ibs sensor? Just a plain old fuse problem unrelated to the problem you had first day? Dodgy/wet control module?

Starter relay or fuse?

pretty much this, if a guy with a multimeter can't pinpoint the break in the chain then we'll only be bouncing random ideas - FN do you have any of the funky battery attachments that give trouble? Battery squib?ibs sensor? Just a plain old fuse problem unrelated to the problem you had first day? Dodgy/wet control module?

A few people have mentioned the ignition switch, going to give him a call and ask him to look at the relay and the fuses, if not it might have to go elsewhere to get sorted :(
    Starter relay or fuse?

Going to give him a call there again and ask him to look at that, hoping it's something small like that tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement