Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank fees eg; Current Account

Options
  • 09-03-2015 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can you tell me please, as i've only been a customer for less than a year, moved over from NIB/Danske/whatever other name it had as well/

I just got a statement in the post today, well you could say the first as it's compiled since last May.

Some of it's hard to read as it doesn't list the companies only some generic name?

But the thing i wanted to ask was the Current Account €5 was debited every 3mths, i was told if you have enough in your account, i wouldn't be charged.

Also while i was telling someone this, they're under the impression you get it free if you're over 65?

As i was meaning to ring as i had a CC with NIB & a standing order, but none with BOI but realised i had a VisaDebit as you would get charged more with the CC i assume & maybe online with it?
    As what are the advantages of having a VisaDebit v CreditCard

Also: How often do statements come out & are you charged for them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,

Can you tell me please, as i've only been a customer for less than a year, moved over from NIB/Danske/whatever other name it had as well/

I just got a statement  in the post today, well you could say the first as it's compiled since last May.

Some of it's hard to read as it doesn't list the companies only some generic name?

But the thing i wanted to ask was the Current Account €5 was debited every 3mths, i was told if you have enough in your account, i wouldn't be charged.

Also while i was telling someone this, they're under the impression you get it free if you're over 65?

As i was meaning to ring as i had a CC with NIB & a standing order, but none with BOI but realised i had a VisaDebit as you would get charged more with the CC i assume & maybe online with it?

Hi Patty O Furniture,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

The €5 Maintenance Fee is applied each quarter to your account. This is separate to transaction fees on your account. If you have €3000 and above in your account for the full fee quarter, you will qualify for the No Transaction fees offer. However the €5 Maintenance fee would still apply. 

You can find this detailed in our Schedule of Fees and Charges brochure here.

Golden Years accounts have no quarterly fees applied and this type of account is for customers over the age of 66. 

A Visa Debit card is a debit card for your current account which you can spend up to the available funds in your current account. You can use this card in shops, at ATMs, and online and the transactions will be debited from your current account. Please find more information on Visa Debit cards here

Whereas a Credit Card will have a set credit limit. You can spend up to this credit limit on the card and use it for purchases online, in shops and at an ATM. However lending criteria and terms and conditions apply. An option available to pay back your credit card would be a direct debit payment which you can set up when you receive the Credit Card. 

Please find more information on the Credit Cards we offer here

A statement for your current account is free of charge. The frequency of your statements can vary. You can call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative with account access can check what your frequency is set at, and can also change this frequency if you wish. Our representatives are available at the above number 8am to midnight Monday to Friday, and 9am to 6pm on weekends. 

I hope the above information helps. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Hi,

I just got a statement  in the post today, well you could say the first as it's compiled since last May.

Hi Patty O Furniture,

The €5 Maintenance Fee is applied each quarter to your account. This is separate to transaction fees on your account. If you have €3000 and above in your account for the full fee quarter, you will qualify for the No Transaction fees offer. However the €5 Maintenance fee would still apply. 

Golden Years accounts have no quarterly fees applied and this type of account is for customers over the age of 66. 

A Visa Debit card is a debit card for your current account which you can spend up to the available funds in your current account. You can use this card in shops, at ATMs, and online and the transactions will be debited from your current account. Please find more information on Visa Debit cards here

Whereas a Credit Card will have a set credit limit. You can spend up to this credit limit on the card and use it for purchases online, in shops and at an ATM. However lending criteria and terms and conditions apply. An option available to pay back your credit card would be a direct debit payment which you can set up when you receive the Credit Card. 

A statement for your current account is free of charge. The frequency of your statements can vary. You can call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative with account access can check what your frequency is set at, and can also change this frequency if you wish. Our representatives are available at the above number 8am to midnight Monday to Friday, and 9am to 6pm on weekends. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but how does it explain getting charged for:
    Automated Debits
    Automated Credits
    ATM/Debit Card @ 20c each apply to my acc?

I'm not usually near a phone, but i see the opening times are extended now til midnight instead of 8pm, is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi,

Hi Patty O Furniture,

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but how does it explain getting charged for:
    Automated Debits
    Automated Credits
    ATM/Debit Card @ 20c each apply to my acc?

I'm not usually near a phone, but i see the opening times are extended now til midnight instead of 8pm, is that correct?
    Hi Patty O Furniture, 

Thanks for your post.

Firstly the opening hours for Credit Card services is till 8pm Monday to Friday, and the opening hours in Banking 365 for Customer service queries is untill midnight Monday to Friday.

Also please see here for a list of all transaction charges on all Current accounts.

I hope this helps, 

Janette

Advertisement