Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPad Mini 2 - warranty and battery?

• 10-03-2015 1:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm thinking of getting an iPad mini 2 (32Gb) and was wondering if it broke after the warranty expired, would I be able to send it to Apple to fix?

The reason I ask is because I had an iPod classic and it broke after the warranty expired and they wouldn't fix it (Apple) or the shop I bought it in (CompuB).

Also do iPads need their batteries replaced after a few years?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Hi

I'm thinking of getting an iPad mini 2 (32Gb) and was wondering if it broke after the warranty expired, would I be able to send it to Apple to fix?

The reason I ask is because I had an iPod classic and it broke after the warranty expired and they wouldn't fix it (Apple) or the shop I bought it in (CompuB).

Also do iPads need their batteries replaced after a few years?

Thanks for any help

Yes they fix it. They won't fix it if it has already been opened prior by an unauthorised repair centre.

They will charge for out of warranty though, ranging from €100 to €250

All batteries need replacing eventually really, however that is normally like €60.

Should be good to go for at least 3-4 years

Source:Past experience

flexcon wrote: »
    Yes they fix it. They won't fix it if it has already been opened prior by an unauthorised repair centre.

They will charge for out of warranty though, ranging from €100 to €250

All batteries need replacing eventually really, however that is normally like €60.

Should be good to go for at least 3-4 years

Source:Past experience

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated. Now to decide if I should get the 32GB or 64GB now...

Where did you get the battery changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

If you buy direct from Apple you get the one year warranty from them but also you are covered by consumer law for 6 years from date of delivery as well for any manufacturing fault.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    If you buy direct from Apple you get the one year warranty from them but also you are covered by consumer law for 6 years from date of delivery as well for any manufacturing fault.

Thanks. Didn't know it was as long as 6 years, any links for more info on this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

jaymcg91 wrote: »

bit.ly ....no thanks.

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated. Now to decide if I should get the 32GB or 64GB now...

Where did you get the battery changed?

Changed directly by Apple. charged €250 euro on the credit card and refunded €190 euro. So cost was €60 euro.

Changed directly by Apple. charged €250 euro on the credit card and refunded €190 euro. So cost was €60 euro.

Thanks

Jesus :eek:

Why did they charge E250 though?

Thanks

Jesus :eek:

Why did they charge E250 though?

So thats the cost if there is full replacement needed

So if they found that it wasn't just my battery but damage to the logic board, they would just send back a refurb device as they have the full 250euro.

Anything less than 250 they refund. It is only an authorisation on a credit card though.

• Advertisement

So thats the cost if there is full replacement needed

So if they found that it wasn't just my battery but damage to the logic board, they would just send back a refurb device as they have the full 250euro.

Anything less than 250 they refund. It is only an authorisation on a credit card though.

Oh right. Thanks again!

Advertisement