Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ras luimni caherconlish 2015

• 10-03-2015 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Missed this race yesterday but apparently there was mayhem in the A4 race with lots of crashes and people injured going on reports. Did anyone partake yesterday in this and any updates on the race?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭ryan0380

Amprodude wrote: »
    Missed this race yesterday but apparently there was mayhem in the A4 race with lots of crashes and people injured going on reports. Did anyone partake yesterday in this and any updates on the race?

Thanks.

I did the a4 race, good circuit and well marshalled. Big a4 bunch, don't know how many signed on but I would estimate over 80 in the bunch. I rode most of the race in closest to the ditch and generally had lots of room in there. The roads were tight but many lads opted to ride outside the white. There was the usual diving down the outside of the bunch into oncoming traffic. Many motorists had the courtesy to pull over into the grass verge to leave the race through but lads saw this as an opportunity to exploit this to move up the bunch. The craft of moving through the bunch is something that a4 riders are not trying to develop.
    Rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

ryan0380 wrote: »
    I did the a4 race, good circuit and well marshalled. Big a4 bunch, don't know how many signed on but I would estimate over 80 in the bunch. I rode most of the race in closest to the ditch and generally had lots of room in there. The roads were tight but many lads opted to ride outside the white. There was the usual diving down the outside of the bunch into oncoming traffic. Many motorists had the courtesy to pull over into the grass verge to leave the race through but lads saw this as an opportunity to exploit this to move up the bunch. The craft of moving through the bunch is something that a4 riders are not trying to develop.
    Rant over

Did it in 2014 and there were good few crashes then but loads of crashes this year from what riders told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭ryan0380

Amprodude wrote: »
    Did it in 2014 and there were good few crashes then but loads of crashes this year from what riders told me.

Yes there was a few crashes. One happened about 3k out from the finish, it was over to my right but from my limited view it look as if a rider cycled into a stationary car at about 40km/h. I was pushed into the grass verge as the bunch disappeared up the road. I sat up as my legs were feeling it and rolled in with 5 or 6 other lads in the same situation. When we got to the top of the hill in the village there was approx 8 or so riders sprawled on the road. Don't know how it happened, one rider looked to have a broken collarbone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

ryan0380 wrote: »
    Yes there was a few crashes. One happened about 3k out from the finish, it was over to my right but from my limited view it look as if a rider cycled into a stationary car at about 40km/h. I was pushed into the grass verge as the bunch disappeared up the road. I sat up as my legs were feeling it and rolled in with 5 or 6 other lads in the same situation. When we got to the top of the hill in the village there was approx 8 or so riders sprawled on the road. Don't know how it happened, one rider looked to have a broken collarbone.

I heard someone crashed into a car alright. That sounded very nasty indeed.

Advertisement