Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Phone Shops

Options
  • 10-03-2015 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Any comments / recommendations on Chinese phone shops around town ? I'm looking to buy a cheap backup android phone seeing as my own Samsung Galaxy S3 packed up over the weekend and is off for repair at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

theres no bargains to be had in any of the phone repair shops. They know what their selling and what its worth. If its cheap, its cheap for a reason.
    cheap android phones are a dissaster. Slow processors, crap memory and they will freeze on a daily basis.
    if its something to tide you over for a few days then fine, any longer and itll drive you mad, especially if your used to one if the top androids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Most of the main networks have loaner phones, which you can borrow for a small deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

Most of the main networks have loaner phones, which you can borrow for a small deposit.
    That's what I thought would be the case. Dropped my phone in for repair to Three yesterday and they had none because (and I quote) "O2 took all our loan phones when we merged with them!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

radar0976 wrote: »
    That's what I thought would be the case. Dropped my phone in for repair to Three yesterday and they had none because (and I quote) "O2 took all our loan phones when we merged with them!!"

Wow weird, especially when it was 3 that bought out 02.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

radar0976 wrote: »

I think it depends on who serves you to be honest. What branch did you call in to? I've had a loaner phone before from 3 and my brother a week later was told they don't do loaner phones from the same branch-branch by the savoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

I think it depends on who serves you to be honest. What branch did you call in to? I've had a loaner phone before from 3 and my brother a week later was told they don't do loaner phones from the same branch-branch by the savoy.

It was the one in Wilton Shopping Centre.

Advertisement