Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUFC v THFC 15.03.15

Options
  • 10-03-2015 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Live on Sky.

A great chance for a third win on the bounce at Old Trafford. Evans and di Maria suspended for them. Even a draw here would keep us in touch with them but the three points would be sweet, and keep the pressure on Liverpool and Arsenal.

Lloris
    Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose
    Mason, Bentaleb
    Townsend, Eriksen, Chadli
    Kane

2-1 to Spurs, Kane (2).

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

A draw at the very least, but since we've had a week off, no injuries to contend with (which is amazing - fitness & medical staff deserve a pay increase), won our last two, you've gotta be thinking...all three points.

The best I've seen Utd play this season was at WHL, they battered us in the 1st half particularly.

Defensively they look worse than us, De Gea has been just as important as Lloris has been for us.

Since Ferguson has left, teams seem to get a fairer crack. Ref's don't seem to bottle it. I fancy our chances once are defense doesn't go walkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

I think if we get the "up for it" Spurs team that we have seen in some of the key games, we will win this.

The big pitch in Old Trafford should suit our style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I also reckon we have a great chance of winning it - no injuries (not even one) which is unheard of at white hart lane. I reckon this is more down to the young squad we have rather than any miracles from the medical staff)

Id be happy with a draw but we can win this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd be delighted with a draw to be honest. it was mentioned in the other thread but utd have a very very hard run of games coming up so if we don't loose ground on them I'd be fairly confident that we can overtake them.

Winning of course would be massive.

I have a funny feeling Townsend could be key in this game...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We should be going for the win in this. Their defense is as bad as ours, so Eriksen and Kane should have some fun. I'd also play Townsend, as his pace would cause serious issues for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    A draw at the very least, but since we've had a week off, no injuries to contend with (which is amazing - fitness & medical staff deserve a pay increase), won our last two, you've gotta be thinking...all three points.

The best I've seen Utd play this season was at WHL, they battered us in the 1st half particularly.

Defensively they look worse than us, De Gea has been just as important as Lloris has been for us.

Since Ferguson has left, teams seem to get a fairer crack. Ref's don't seem to bottle it. I fancy our chances once are defense doesn't go walkies.

I agree with ya on the medical staff, It has been a very good season injury wise, considering all the games played.

I think the United game is hard to call, very open and really down to who converts the chances. Man U will come at us being at home and Rooney is in fine form. Then again we have a Striker in great form so am expecting a nail biter, over four goals and very close. With defenders attention on Kane I predict Mason or Benteleb to score the winner 2-3.

Utd mate just texted me, Falcao is playing for the u21 tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Utd mate just texted me, Falcao is playing for the u21 tonight!

That finished 1-1. Victor Valdes, Rafael, Falcao and James Wilson all started for them. McEvoy scored our goal, Rafael for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Feels odd to be rolling up to OT and almost expecting a win. Doesn't suit us. Would prefer if we were more an underdog.

• Advertisement

Feels odd to be rolling up to OT and almost expecting a win. Doesn't suit us. Would prefer if we were more an underdog.

Ara no, shur what we fans think doesn't really matter. No harm if the team goes there with a bit of confidence either as long as their not over-confident, which I doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We've beaten them the last two games at Old Trafford,hat trick of wins could be on the cards if we show the form we did against Arsenal and Chelsea at home,Sunday will be some day if we win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Whenever i think we'll do well we lose and whenever i think we'll lose we do well

Unfortunately, i think we'll do well so that's a bad thing because subconsciously that's a sign of us losing.

Whenever i think we'll do well we lose and whenever i think we'll lose we do well

Unfortunately, i think we'll do well so that's a bad thing because subconsciously that's a sign of us losing.

I think you will have to head off to the garage to get the brain re-wired then It'l all be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Clattenburg is reffing the game Lads,I think we might have to rethink our optimism for a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Mauricio Pochettino claims Danny Rose is England's best left-back – and should be in Roy Hodgson's squad to face Lithuania and Italy.

was he fcuking drinking

don't know how many of yee gamble and if yee do whether yee would want to bet on Spurs but Paddy Power is giving a really good offer on the match imo.

If you place a pre match bet up to max of 25 eur you will get a free bet for the same amount on in-play betting.

CONDITIONS

Place a pre-match single bet up to EUR/GBP25 on Man Utd v Spurs on Sunday and get a free bet to the same amount on the match in-play. Applies to online, mobile, phone, PP Messenger and text bets only. Does not apply in retail. Free bets staked on pre-match markets will not count towards the offer. Bets cashed out either pre-match or in-play will not count towards the offer. The offer will apply to your first pre-match real money single bet placed on Man Utd v Spurs from Friday 13th March at 12am. Pre-match is defined as single bets placed prior to kick-off in the Man Utd v Spurs Premier League match, played on 15th March 2015 and In-play is defined as any bet struck after the match has kicked off. Qualifying bets must be placed at odds of 1/2 or higher. Customers can only qualify for the offer once. Free bet stake not returned in winnings. Free bet tokens will take up to 15 minutes from kick off to become available in customers accounts and can only be redeemed in play. Paddy Power reserves the right in its discretion to exclude and/or limit the availability of the offer to certain customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

This is a big game today for both United and Spurs. We all want a win but I think a draw would be a good result at OT. Still hoping to win it obviously.

1-2 and the 3 points to Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Team news is out

No surprises. Looks fairly balanced.

Townsend keeps his place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭JohnDee

Lloris, Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane

No Soldado on bench (Adebayor) - is there an injury?

JohnDee wrote: »
    Lloris, Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane

No Soldado on bench (Adebayor) - is there an injury?

Adebayor scored last year...maybe they plan to spring him at 70mins for yet another redemption shot

Magic 8 ball predicts a Tottenham win.

****ing disgraceful from Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

This could be embarrassing...I'm switching off and forgetting about this season

Need to get to halftime without conceding anymore, finding it hard to string a couple of passes together. Absolutely dominated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

They're targeting the right and Townsend offering no support to Walker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Carrick header, that sums up spurs

Lose today and fourth over,

Glad he made the substitution now, instead of at halftime.

• Advertisement

Oh for **** sake. Spurs are an absolute embarrassment.

Advertisement