Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUFC v THFC 15.03.15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Sunderland yesterday suddenly not so funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Normal service has resumed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Long 45 minutes to come. Looks like having the week to recover has had the opposite effect. Surely they can't play as bad as that in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Suppose are we actually surprised , it's typical spurs, always the laughing stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Such an embarrassing performance

What is wrong with bentaleb ? Just passes to his right without ever looking and gives it straight to Rooney . Did it at least 3 times against liverpool - is he brain dead ?

Dier for Rooneys goal was comical - a kid playing a mans game. He also didn't bother jump against Fellani for the second goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'm sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Lamela is the greatest pile of shiote we've ever signed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I won't give out about anyone in particular today...because they've all been absolutely ****. Not a single good performance from anyone today, and it's one of the worst games I've seen us play in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Fcuk off Spurs, did not even give it a go today. Time for their summer holidays, they should hand back their wages this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Thank God I went to the hurling match today and missed this pile of shyte.

• Advertisement

Bad day but fcuk it I was delighted to see Kane still trying and tackling up to the last. Its a young team and these things happen, don't expect anyone to be happy, can understand people being pizzed off, me too. Ya start to get a bit of hope and then this.

I'm still looking forward to next season.

This time next year we'l all be millionaire's.

You're going to get inconsistencies with young inexperienced players, chin up, we've a lot to look forward to next year if we can offload some crap and build on what we've got

This was excruciating....moreover because my brother is a Man U supporter. Thankfully it was only 3-0 because it looked like we were going to get a drubbing at one point. Don't know if that's to do with us improving (and the tactical switch of Dembele for Townsend) or that United were conserving energy for future games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

There was something very 'AVB' about that performance ... totally swept aside in the first 30 mins. No fight. Clueless. Gutless.

The players had two days off to rest this week, no Europa league excuses either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

There was something very 'AVB' about that performance ... totally swept aside in the first 30 mins. No fight. Clueless. Gutless.

The players had two days off to rest this week, no Europa league excuses either.

They are on holidays. Nothing left to play for. Four or five of them will be / should be gone come the end of the summer. It's over guys. Our season ended somewhere in the previous weeks.

See ya next season hopefully without lamela , Soldado and a few other donkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

tippspur wrote: »
    Thank God I went to the hurling match today and missed this pile of shyte.
    At least your other team had a good win.
    That was listless today as poor as we have been for some time. Most teams would have beaten us today so I wouldn't read anything into utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

anyone surprised isnt really a spurs fan to be honest... after 30 years of this they never fail to disappoint, just when you get some hope. Kind of agree that they are were on holiday mode. But lets see Poch earn his sheckles and put it to them allthat he'll have money to spend this summer and they should prove they want to hang around.
    new full backs, striker and an experienced center half will do... unless Hugo goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I'm not surprised with the result at all. I was a little apprehensive when I read the first couple of pages on here the other day.

I've stopped being confident of beating man united a long time ago.

4 or 5 ... more like 7 or 8 need to go. But sure how many seasons have we been saying that for now and they are still there...
    Nothing much will change.. One or two will drift off but we'll still carry more crap into next season and we won't buy what we really really need ... Full backs, proper wingers and 2 strikers.

4 or 5 ... more like 7 or 8 need to go. But sure how many seasons have we been saying that for now and they are still there...
    Nothing much will change.. One or two will drift off but we'll still carry more crap into next season and we won't buy what we really really need ... Full backs, proper wingers and 2 strikers.

Ya lets get seven or eight, shur that works straight away every time.

When we have a couple of wins we get a little excited and overly hopeful, we all do it, its human.

Then when that hope is not realised we get angry and despondent.

One of the thirty eight battles was lost, maybe we expected too much? Maybe it was just another one of them days. City lost at Burnley yesterday.

Mamma said there'd be days like this.

• Advertisement

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Ya lets get seven or eight, shur that works straight away every time.

Get? He never said get, he said get rid :pac:

Get? He never said get, he said get rid :pac:

Apologies, I'm never wrong, thats a first.

On outgoings I think there is three or four should go. It's hard to gauge some of the players who haven't played much. Sometimes the one's ya want rid of are the hardest to offload.

As for incoming's I think it should be quality, two or three at most. A striker is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

They are on holidays. Nothing left to play for. Four or five of them will be / should be gone come the end of the summer. It's over guys. Our season ended somewhere in the previous weeks.

Lamela is going nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

They had a great chance to get back in the hunt for fourth as united have a very tough run in, so I cant understand why spurs didnt turn up today. So many misplaced passes and players not trying a leg and a poor united side made to look like world beaters.

Ade, Paulinho, Lamela and Kaboul to start with. Lennon can't be far behind.Id settle for those 5..

Soldado, Capoue, Vlad, Townsend, Rose ... wouldn't be any loss.

Question marks over Dembele, Fazio, Stambolui, Vertogen ...

Nothing to play for ?champions league place is nothing ?

irishmover wrote: »
    I'm not surprised with the result at all. I was a little apprehensive when I read the first couple of pages on here the other day.

I've stopped being confident of beating man united a long time ago.

But we have beaten them 3 out of the last 5 and two at old Trafford if I'm correct

mickman wrote: »
    But we have beaten them 3 out of the last 5 and two at old Trafford if I'm correct

Yeah, and your point?

irishmover wrote: »
    Yeah, and your point?

Why would you not be confident of beating them if we won 3 out of the last 5

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    Why would you not be confident of beating them if we won 3 out of the last 5

Why would you think we'd roll man united over when firstly, when it gets to crunch time it is generally us that gets rolled over, united are a better side than us on a bad run needing the win, finally, until recently we had gone a very very long time without beating Man United.

Better to not be confident as historically more often than not we get beaten by United with every year most fans thinking we'll roll them over.

We've done alright the last few seasons but being expectant of a win at Old Trafford due to that is naive.

Advertisement