Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUFC v THFC 15.03.15

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

To sum up how i felt after that performance...........................

I didnt even watch "A Touch of Genius" on Sky at 7.00 !!!!!

And Glenn is my boyhood idol and still is to this day my favourite EVER player !!!

I'll watch it later in the week.

Worse individual performance in years by Walker too!

Jesus, how are we not used to this feeling by now??

I still think we will be in the mix for 4th spot...Long way to go, but i think we'll just miss out as per usual, but then we have the Europa League all over again!!!!

TTID.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Uncharacteristic performance yesterday. One shot on target, sums up our day. Easiest game Utd will play all season. Very disappointing, need to rectify it on Saturday.

Next four games -

Leicester
    Burnley
    Villa
    Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

horror show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

mickman wrote: »
    Nothing to play for ?champions league place is nothing ?

Oh agreed. That would be everything but let's be realistic, we were never gonna get it. We lost to united, currently 4th. We lost to Liverpool (twice) currently 5th and there's the small matter of still having to okay Southampton who are currently just above us. I love my team but we're just not good enough. In fact I'd go as far as saying that if we did get CL I think it would actually do us more harm than good. It would be too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

irishmover wrote: »
    I'm not surprised with the result at all. I was a little apprehensive when I read the first couple of pages on here the other day.

I've stopped being confident of beating man united a long time ago.

Odd statement. United have been the best team of the Premiership era, why would you ever have been confident of beating them? Maybe back in the 1960s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Ormus wrote: »
    Odd statement. United have been the best team of the Premiership era, why would you ever have been confident of beating them? Maybe back in the 1960s?

This one time they had half the team out injured. I was confident then, we lost.

Other than that I've never been confident of a win.

As I said, naive to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

This one time they had half the team out injured. I was confident then, we lost.

Other than that I've never been confident of a win.

As I said, naive to be.

I don't think it's naive to expect a good performance and at least a draw and possibly a win against a poor United side

Having said all we have if we beat Leicester then that's 3 wins out of 4 and that's good form

I don't think it's naive to expect a good performance and at least a draw and possibly a win against a poor United side

Having said all we have if we beat Leicester then that's 3 wins out of 4 and that's good form

If we supported anyone else then yeah, but we all know what Spurs are capable of. Sunday they delivered like they do most seasons, a shocking performance when the opposite is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Sunday was a bit of a wake up call

We're not really that good in all fairness

Just look at our goal difference

Poch is doing alright but it looks like another mediocre season with very little to be genuinely excited about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

If we supported anyone else then yeah, but we all know what Spurs are capable of. Sunday they delivered like they do most seasons, a shocking performance when the opposite is needed.

Agreed. We looked clueless out there - devoid of any thinking and ability . It was strange but if we can forget it and go on a run now then we can finish in an EL spot :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

No plan B.

Swept aside in the open 35 mins. Eventually we steadied the ship but for the last 50-60 mins we never looked like getting back into the game.

Agreed. We looked clueless out there - devoid of any thinking and ability . It was strange but if we can forget it and go on a run now then we can finish in an EL spot :-)

As much as I'd like to not be in the Europa League so I can watch more PL games I'd prefer them to push teams as far as they can to make it not such a useless season and hopefully so we hold onto Pochettino.

Advertisement