Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dwalsh58

Profiteering. Thats not the way it works. It's only worth €300 if the box was unopened and it would still be classed as new. It is now second hand and would be hassle to return it under warranty so it would be worth less. You'd also need to be taking a hit on the postage

It's a free market he can ask what he wants for it, I don't think he's asking enough for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dwalsh58

TBi wrote:
    Maybe but he wouldn't have a hope of getting that much if the price hadn't risen. So he is trying to profit from the raise in price.

But the price did rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Now the price has gone up, here's another quick shout for the the Oppo Find 7a as an alternative. It's €349 including delivery, and you get bluetooth headphones, a 32gb Micro SD card, a screen protector, case and flash charger.

Battery and storage are removable, meaning they're upgradable - the official 3000mAh battery is €19. It doesn't have the One's 3GB memory (it only has 2GB) but otherwise it's a very similar phone. OnePlus and Oppo are owned by the same company in fact.

Link: https://europe.oppostyle.com/find-7a-reloaded

Comparison with OnePlus One: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=6327

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

Profiteering.

You think the company selling the phone aren't making a profit?

If you've an issue with someone making a profit by selling something you must have a hard-time living in the Western World.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Can we at least keep this thread on topic? ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Now the price has gone up, here's another quick shout for the the Oppo Find 7a as an alternative. It's €349 including delivery, and you get bluetooth headphones, a 32gb Micro SD card, a screen protector, case and flash charger.

Battery and storage are removable, meaning they're upgradable - the official 3000mAh battery is €19. It doesn't have the One's 3GB memory (it only has 2GB) but otherwise it's a very similar phone. OnePlus and Oppo are owned by the same company in fact.

Comparison with OnePlus One: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=6327

How is the software and software upgrade support? Can it be flashed with the same Roms as the OnePlus?

How is the software and software upgrade support? Can it be flashed with the same Roms as the OnePlus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

The latter is fairly unlikely as they are different handsets. Looks like the phone ships with JB but there's a KitKat update ready to go:

http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/find-7-7a-coloros-v2-0-0i-kitkat-based.21508/

The latter is fairly unlikely as they are different handsets. Looks like the phone ships with JB but there's a KitKat update ready to go:

http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/find-7-7a-coloros-v2-0-0i-kitkat-based.21508/

Is there a version of Cyanogen for it, would be a contender if there is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Is there a version of Cyanogen for it, would be a contender if there is

Looks like CM12 is available for the 7a anyway!

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=find7&type=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭husky7

Ordered opo on tuesday . When I checked the order info it said "processing" then changed to "pending shipment" checked it there a few minutes ago it says " processing" .anyone any ideas why it would change back to order processing.

Ordered opo on tuesday . When I checked the order info it said "processing" then changed to "pending shipment" checked it there a few minutes ago it says " processing" .anyone any ideas why it would change back to order processing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

husky7 wrote: »

Mine went straight to 'pending shipment' and is now 'processing'.

I'm in no rush so happy to wait this once!

I'm in no rush either , just found it strange that it was ready for shipment and then changed to order processing.

I'm in no rush either , just found it strange that it was ready for shipment and then changed to order processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

Two of us in the office ordered on tuesday, I ordered mine at 8.30am, one of the lads ordered late Tuesday night...

His is being delivered today, mine is still processing!!!!!!

I'm blaming the god damn tempered glass screen protector I bought with mine!

jrochie wrote: »
    Two of us in the office ordered on tuesday, I ordered mine at 8.30am, one of the lads ordered late Tuesday night...

His is being delivered today, mine is still processing!!!!!!

I'm blaming the god damn tempered glass screen protector I bought with mine!

I ordered mine just after 8.00 am (couldn't wait lol) and its still processsing. Which version did you order ? I ordered the 64gb maybe they're out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I ordered mine just after 8.00 am (couldn't wait lol) and its still processsing. Which version did you order ? I ordered the 64gb maybe they're out of stock.

I ordered my 64GB at about 5.30pm on Tuesday.
    It's in Shannon this morning, but has been delayed by.... wait for it....... "adverse weather conditions".
    Sun is shining in the West of Ireland this morning. I smell some BS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ms vieria

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I ordered my 64GB at about 5.30pm on Tuesday.
    It's in Shannon this morning, but has been delayed by.... wait for it....... "adverse weather conditions".
    Sun is shining in the West of Ireland this morning. I smell some BS!!!!!

:
    I ordered a 64GB on Tuesday at midday. Chose express shipping.
    They sent me an email this morning saying that the phone had shipped with a tracking number for DHL.

DHL has the below
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 Location Time Piece
    1 Shipment information received LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 09:00
    no further updates so expect it to arrive on Monday.
    It would have been nice to have it for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

husky7 wrote:

In same boat... I ordered 2.. No track number yet..

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    In same boat... I ordered 2.. No track number yet..

Just received my package from dhl ( I've been informed by my other half as I'm at work). I would think its my opo as I haven't ordered anything else. I received no notification or tracking number from them but not bothered now, so happy days .

Just received my package from dhl ( I've been informed by my other half as I'm at work). I would think its my opo as I haven't ordered anything else. I received no notification or tracking number from them but not bothered now, so happy days .

Sweet.
    Please let us know later what you make of it.
    Also, what version of CM comes it it? I take it it should be 11S (4.4.4)?

Sweet.

Will do :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

thats the annoying thing, we both ordered the 64gb version with the same shipping!

He got a flip case with this so I'm thinking the tempered screen must be out of stock.

He got a mail this morning with tracking number and its out for delivery today.

First world problems really though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dj_louth

Ordered my 64gb version at 10pm tuesday and its now with the courier on its way to me in louth. Cant wait to get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Mine shipped today however I made a balls of the ordering and selected Royal Mail. No idea when I'll get it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Ordered mine with a case. Still "Processing" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭little foot

Ordered mine on Tuesday. ... shipping now☺

• Registered Users Posts: 8 basbas

Ordered on Tuesday got an email today saying it had just been shipped, DHL arrived an hour ago :):) happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Is there a decent protective case you can buy for this?

• Advertisement

Need an invite for a 64GB if anyone has one going spare, ordering tonight if I can get one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Mine shipped today however I made a balls of the ordering and selected Royal Mail. No idea when I'll get it

You can use the Royal mail tracking code on the An Post website to see what its doing once in IRL.

I could anyway.

Sweet.

Sorry only getting back on now , was messing about with the phone for a while.
    Its running cm11.0 android 4.4.4
    First impressions of it was that its massive ( compared to my s3). But have gotten use to it already.
    I didn't order a screen protector but definitely will be ordering one , and I have ordered a cover from amazon a Tudia tpu cover.
    Brilliant phone quick and responsive .
    No complaints so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

The battery life is unbelievable !! On it a lot today and its only at 67% my S3 would be on charger by now. Only one complaint I keep hitting the home button instead of the space bar when typing.

Mines arrived just now... Gotta love DHL at this hour..

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Mines arrived just now... Gotta love DHL at this hour..

Ugggghhh, i gotta wait until Monday for mine.
    Plane arrived late into Shannon so missed the delivery to Galway this morning.

Oh well. What's another couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

hatchman wrote: »
    The battery life is unbelievable !! On it a lot today and its only at 67% my S3 would be on charger by now. Only one complaint I keep hitting the home button instead of the space bar when typing.

Yes it's really good, got mine Wed charged by 8pm usual playing/installing and battery lasted about 2 days. Has really exceeded my expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Battery life is phenomenal with certain custom ROMs (Exodus Vanir). Nearly 8 hours of screen on time and next to no drain when the phone isn't awake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Loving the phone. Fantastic to use and the battery life is incredible - massive improvement on my Nexus 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Phone isn't perfect but still happy overall.

One lockup and one random reboot and auto rotate acting up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Really liking the new phone. Quick, responsive and I've gotten used to the bigger size.

Had an S4 before this and while it was a good phone the battery life was terrible and it would drain away quickly even with light use. The OPO blows it away for battery life. A lot less bloatware then Samsung too!

I dislike the feel of the sandstone a lot and am going to get a case. Some reviewers are impressed, its not for me.

I have used lollipop on the S4 and liked it. These two updates upcoming soon have me rightly confused and I'll leave it a few weeks to see what others do.

As regards flashing, ROMs and stuff like that I haven't a notion what that means :p I only want a phone, not a project

mikemac1 wrote:
    I dislike the feel of the sandstone a lot and am going to get a case. Some reviewers are impressed, its not for me.

I bought 2 phones . One black for me one white for missus. Hers is nicer to hold. I actually said what you said to her this morning.
    This is some phone tho.. And I'm a crapple gimp..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I have an invite if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭delynet

Another invite here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I have one too, they must have sent a few last night

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭OneWayBet

Me too, PM if you want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Bought this last Tuesday to replace my Sony Xperia T whose battery was dying and performance was turning to crap. The phone was delivered on Friday.

First impressions is that the phone is huge in comparison to what I have. The performance is excellent and I haven't had any calls drop (using it with three). The phone design is lovely as well, it feels really solid but is not too heavy. I got the flip case with it which does provide decent protection as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I've a 64GB invite if anyone wants it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I have one of these aluminium bumpers but I'd rather a case if anyone is willing to swap?

Luxury-Style-Ultra-thin-metal-Bumper-Phone-Case-Hard-Cover-For-Oneplus-One-A0001-Free-gift.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

I could use an invite?

Advertisement