Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    I could use an invite?

Send me a pm with your email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Got my OnePlus One today and I'm just after installing Lollipop 5.0.2 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Got my OnePlus One today and I'm just after installing Lollipop 5.0.2 :)

Cm12 nightly? I installed it myself. My first time fishing a rom on android. Realy wasn't expecting it to be this easy.

Only had the phone powered on for 10 mins before I flashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

TBi wrote: »
    Cm12 nightly? I installed it myself. My first time fishing a rom on android. Realy wasn't expecting it to be this easy.

Only had the phone powered on for 10 mins before I flashed.

Yep, that's the one. I used the CM11 nightly's on my old 16GB OnePlus. Got my 64GB one today and the first thing I did was flash the latest nighltly. Better off doing it now!

First time using Android in a while. No where near as buttery smooth as people make out. You really feel the lag after using a windows phone. Also camera is atrocious. However rest of phone is good. Feels very premium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Wondering if anyone else is having this battery issue. When I charge it, will never go past 98%. When I unplug, within 10 minutes it's down to 91% and from there on it holds it's power very well. Getting the guts of 2 days out of it. But the topping out at 98% and dropping quickly to 91% is a bit strange. Should I contact them for a replacement or is this normal?

Is it new? Sometimes it takes a while for the battery to bed in. Possibly it will be fine in a few days. Could be an issue though. Keep any eye on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone else is having this battery issue. When I charge it, will never go past 98%. When I unplug, within 10 minutes it's down to 91% and from there on it holds it's power very well. Getting the guts of 2 days out of it. But the topping out at 98% and dropping quickly to 91% is a bit strange. Should I contact them for a replacement or is this normal?

Mine goes to 100% each time, although now using heavily and getting about 1.5 days out of it. Maybe raise it with them to have the issue logged while phone/battery is new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Is it new? Sometimes it takes a while for the battery to bed in. Possibly it will be fine in a few days. Could be an issue though. Keep any eye on it.

Yeah, it's new. Received last Tuesday. Will log it with them and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

RunRoryRun wrote: »

There may be nothing wrong, give it a few days
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=871051

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

First time using Android in a while. No where near as buttery smooth as people make out. You really feel the lag after using a windows phone. Also camera is atrocious. However rest of phone is good. Feels very premium.

It's crazy that there's such a wide range in user experiences. This is the first time I'd heard anyone complain about the camera who hadn't fudged their settings.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    It's crazy that there's such a wide range in user experiences. This is the first time I'd heard anyone complain about the camera who hadn't fudged their settings.

Some people just haven't used a better camera. I had similar issues before when looking for a quiet PC. I read a lot of reviews from people saying a system was absolutely silent but i found it quite loud. Some people have hearing problems.

Talking about hearing problems the headphone jack isn't great either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

May end up buying this for the other half for birthday present. I have an S5 but looking at this makes me feel very jealous to be honest. I may end up going for the 16gb as this one already over my budget but €50 extra for the 65gb and black model seems good. Unreal phone for the money.

Must stop spending money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

chris85 wrote: »
    May end up buying this for the other half for birthday present. I have an S5 but looking at this makes me feel very jealous to be honest. I may end up going for the 16gb as this one already over my budget but €50 extra for the 65gb and black model seems good. Unreal phone for the money.
    So you want to buy the other half the lesser phone so you're not as jealous? ;)
    chris85 wrote: »
    Must stop spending money.
    I'm not sure BA is the place for you!

I'd stay on the S5 unless you really want a new phone. You get SD expansion and better support. I'd have bought one if i had the money :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I am going to start using mine tonight (Got it nearly two weeks ago).
    Are the settings out of the box ok, or should I be aware of anything first? i.e performance settings, camera settings, storage settings

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Some people just haven't used a better camera. I had similar issues before when looking for a quiet PC. I read a lot of reviews from people saying a system was absolutely silent but i found it quite loud. Some people have hearing problems.

Talking about hearing problems the headphone jack isn't great either.

sounds like you may have got a bogey one. nothing wrong with mine.
    also have you installed the oppo camera app?

daytob wrote: »
    oppo camera app?

Is this something you advise? I'm on out of the box settings and all ok but last phone an S2! Hope no ones me butting in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

New one plus owners. Remember the phone ships in 'balanced mode' so the core CPU clock are in reactive mode and this can mean a slight stutter as it ramps up to full speed. You can lock the clocks to full speed if you want to and this solves any and hesitant behavior or shuttering of screen.

god's toy wrote: »
    New one plus owners. Remember the phone ships in 'balanced mode' so the core CPU clock are in reactive mode and this can mean a slight stutter as it ramps up to full speed. You can lock the clocks to full speed if you want to and this solves any and hesitant behavior or shuttering of screen.

I was thinking of installing the franco kernel. To see if that would make a difference.

EDIT: Really should keep this conversation for the owners thread. So will continue there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

god's toy wrote: »

How would one do this??? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

The price is back to 299 EUR plus shipping on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

JTMan wrote: »
    The price is back to 299 EUR plus shipping on their website.

Only the 16gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Ordered the 64gb version this morning.
    It says 4 days "processing" time....
    I was hoping to get it by Friday. Is this normal and what's the usual wait for delivery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

dinnybyrne wrote:
    Ordered the 64gb version this morning. It says 4 days "processing" time.... I was hoping to get it by Friday. Is this normal and what's the usual wait for delivery?

If you paid the extra euro for delivery there is a chance you might have it Friday, otherwise unlikely

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    Ordered the 64gb version this morning.
    It says 4 days "processing" time....
    I was hoping to get it by Friday. Is this normal and what's the usual wait for delivery?

I ordered saturday. I only got confirmation of shipping today but from the DHL tracker I see it dispatched on Mon, it's in Shannon, I should have it tomorrow

So thats 3 working days for express shipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Yeah went express delivery so fingers crossed although it's good friday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

dinnybyrne wrote:
    Ordered the 64gb version this morning. It says 4 days "processing" time.... I was hoping to get it by Friday. Is this normal and what's the usual wait for delivery?

Ordered my 2 last Tuesday. They arrived to house in Tralee @ 8pm with DHL on Friday. Opo website was still only showing processing. So good chance you'll get it ...I paid cheap express..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Ordered my 2 last Tuesday. They arrived to house in Tralee @ 8pm with DHL on Friday. Opo website was still only showing processing. So good chance you'll get it ...I paid cheap express..

Yep ordered mine on tuesday too and had them before the weekend with the standard post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Have invites to share if anyone is interested please PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

2 invites here too. PM me if you want.

One invite to share, please PM.

Got my invite via a boards PM so Karma in action :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

2 invites for 64GB here

Pm if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rainbowmoose

Just got an invite email. Pm if anyone wants it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

I think the one plus invites are coming from Oprah, invites for you, 2 invites for you, invite for you... Invites for everybody!
    Got 2 myself, so if all the rest are gone, let me know..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Did anyone get a Drone? I couldnt' find my way to getting off the US website, and when I finally got a € amount, it was sold out.. :(

I saw the equivalent "Nano Drone" in Hamley's London on Monday, £35 I think it was, so this would have been some bargain at €19.99...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Did anyone get a Drone? I couldnt' find my way to getting off the US website, and when I finally got a € amount, it was sold out.. :(

I saw the equivalent "Nano Drone" in Hamley's London on Monday, £35 I think it was, so this would have been some bargain at €19.99...

Think it was an April First special.

You'll find similar for USD 25-35 without the OP branding on the likes of DX or Banggood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Got an invite also, pm me if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

Got 2 invites there this morning if anyone is still looking, PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

I also have two invites available, if anyone wants them PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

A few days in and I'm loving this phone. Great info in the thread, thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

I have two 64gb invites. Please PM if you want one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

I have one invite. Pm with the Best joke by 6 pm today gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

I received two invites for to share. PM me if interested. They expire tomorrow morning 10.32 and 10.43.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 emkoirl

I got 2 invites today, if anyone still needs it pm me. 64gb version.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 del23

Anyone invite for 16gb good people?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Does anybody know if one plus are charging Irish VAT (23%) or UK (20%)? On the fence ATM but the ability to claim back the VAT would get me off the fence!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Have 2 64 GB invites with 2 days left. PM me only :)
    Doin' my bit ...

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

I find the touchscreen too sensitive, is there a way to change that from the settings?

soirish wrote: »
    I find the touchscreen too sensitive, is there a way to change that from the settings?

You'll get used to it

• Advertisement
Advertisement