Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Buddly

I have an invite to share, PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 21 chris.c2010

2 invites with 1 day remaining, pm if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Same here. 2 invites 1 day remaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Have this phone 3 weeks now. Great phone. Great battery life!

Thanks to SeanyMc22 for the invite!

I now have 2 invites. Only available until about midday tomorrow unfortunately so if anyone wants them PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

looking for an invite for a 64gb phone if anyone has one please?

My Z1 decided to pack it in yesterday and still have a year on left on my contract, was on the fence for the last few weeks on whether to buy one or not but now iv been pushed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

I'm selling my OPO. Have had it for a week now and just find the screen a bit too big for me. Excellent phone all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

NoelDoran wrote: »

My Z1 decided to pack it in yesterday and still have a year on left on my contract, was on the fence for the last few weeks on whether to buy one or not but now iv been pushed...
    Invites over on android invite thread

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

ive an invite PM me quick if you want it as there is only 110 mins left on it

mickotoole wrote: »
    I'm selling my OPO. Have had it for a week now and just find the screen a bit too big for me. Excellent phone all the same

I find the screen quite big too but I am getting used to it.
    I thought it was more like the HTC One/Samsung S4/5 but its actually like the Galaxy Note size wise I think.

2 invites gone by the way - sent via PM to 2 requesters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Would anyone have any invites available?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

wawaman wrote: »
    Would anyone have any invites available?

i had two 2 hours ago they are expired now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Edit. Pm me. I've one for 64gb black. Expiry extended seem like 21 hours left on it now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone looking for invite, PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Have this phone 3 weeks now. Great phone. Great battery life!

Here is a handy guide to improve battery life.
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/opo-heres-how-my-phone-lasts-two-days-on-a-single-charge.54423/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

soirish wrote: »

Dunno. Is prefer to just enjoy life than worry about this sort of thing but to each their own. This is one of the reasons I avoided android for so long. I always knew how long the battery on an iPhone/windows phone would last but everything I saw on android was about how to make your battery last the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

TBi wrote: »
    Dunno. Is prefer to just enjoy life than worry about this sort of thing but to each their own. This is one of the reasons I avoided android for so long. I always knew how long the battery on an iPhone/windows phone would last but everything I saw on android was about how to make your battery last the day.

There's no real need for battery optimisation apps with last few versions of android as Lollipop itself manages processes and maximises battery life.

The One Plus One has a great battery and is sufficient for most users. Even heavy use will last a full day. Check reviews and fora, it is rare to see complaints about the battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

There's no real need for battery optimisation apps with last few versions of android as Lollipop itself manages processes and maximises battery life.

The One Plus One has a great battery and is sufficient for most users. Even heavy use will last a full day. Check reviews and fora, it is rare to see complaints about the battery.

I'm a heavy user, in and out of mobile coverage every day, nexus 5 lasted 8hrs, One Plus lasts 24hrs.. Awesome battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

mickotoole wrote: »

16gb or 64gb?

How much?

PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Have two invites for 64GB if anyone wants them. 1 day left on both...

PM or reply here.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

If I use the portable charger below would it possibly damage the phone's battery?

The specs of the portable battery are Output 5V/3A + Input 5V/1.2A? Or would I be better of getting one with an output of 5V/2A?

The OPO charger is 2.1A

79AN7903S-BA_BA_TD01.jpg

• Advertisement

Nope your fine, as when it comes to the Amp rating if your your output is lower that what the phone needs it will just take longer to charge. If its more it just wont be used by the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Niall558

There's no 4g, otherwise it would be the phone of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Niall558 wrote: »

There is 4g on three, meteor & some people are saying Vodafone in certain places now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I have the OPO and when in Dublin I'm regularly on 4g. I'm with Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Pembily wrote: »
    I have the OPO and when in Dublin I'm regularly on 4g. I'm with Vodafone.

Yes, it supports LTE band 3 1800mhz which Vodafone use in some areas, but not 800 and 900mhz where used by any provider. I'm not too well up on what providers used what frequencies where but this is the science of it

Technology
    GSM / HSPA / LTE
    2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
    4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 7(2600), 17(700), 38(2600), 40(2300)
    Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
    GPRS Yes
    EDGE Yes

4Gallocations.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

god's toy wrote: »
    Nope your fine, as when it comes to the Amp rating if your your output is lower that what the phone needs it will just take longer to charge. If its more it just wont be used by the phone.

Thanks. So a higher rated charger can't damage a phone battery?

Thanks. So a higher rated charger can't damage a phone battery?

If it's only the Amp (or milli-Amp 'MA') we are talking about then it can not damage your phone or device as the device only takes what it needs.

If it's a voltage difference then it could damage the device indeed but as all USB type connectors are all using 5 volt you have nothing to worry about.

Some battery will have a longer life if they are charged at a lower MA/A rates but this is talking about over all life of the battery as in over the life of the device in years not days. I believe the super fast charging now does shorten the battery's over all life but as most people replace the phone/device within a two years anyway it's not an problem for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

I'm on 3, and hooked up on 4G all around Dublin. "Fair usage policy" 4.8GB downlaoded last month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭gerryg80

Looking for an invite, if anyone has one please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dwalsh58

gerryg80 wrote: »
    Looking for an invite, if anyone has one please :)

You don't need one today, just log in and buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

I'm hoping to order a 64gb model tomorrow or Thursday. What kind of time is delivery taking these days?

breeno wrote: »
    I'm hoping to order a 64gb model tomorrow or Thursday. What kind of time is delivery taking these days?

Delivered on the third day, you'd have it Mon if you order tomorrow. I ordered on a Sat and had it the Wed

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Nobody needs invites on a Tuesday, you can buy all day on the website

bought this phone the weekend from a fellow boards user and im very impressed with it, 2 days battery life from 1 charge and that was including setting up and downloading all my apps.....

Size wise, had a z1 so was used to a larger than normal screen but its a lot lighter than the z1 and find myself checking every now and again thats its still in my pocket

The only drawn back i have (and its only minor), how on earth do i get rid of googles text to speech for the main screens without having to add an alternative launcher, surely it can be done?

bought this phone the weekend from a fellow boards user and im very impressed with it, 2 days battery life from 1 charge and that was including setting up and downloading all my apps.....

Size wise, had a z1 so was used to a larger than normal screen but its a lot lighter than the z1 and find myself checking every now and again thats its still in my pocket

The only drawn back i have (and its only minor), how on earth do i get rid of googles text to speech for the main screens without having to add an alternative launcher, surely it can be done?[/quote

This should sort it Noel.

]Press and hold any part of ur home screen. You will get option widget ,theme. Press the arrow (3 dots) above widget. It will take u to home screen setting turn off search bar.

Dwalsh58 wrote: »

This should sort it Noel.

]Press and hold any part of ur home screen. You will get option widget ,theme. Press the arrow (3 dots) above widget. It will take u to home screen setting turn off search bar.

Legend, thanks so much that was wrecking my head, now my phone is complete....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi Lads,

Might be duplication but doing research for the Bro, he's heard the version of Android on it is a bit out dated, is this true?

If so he might look to install android on it, does anyone know where you would stand with the warranty on this?

Thanks,
    Gary

P.S. Sorry if this was already asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Might be duplication but doing research for the Bro, he's heard the version of Android on it is a bit out dated, is this true?

If so he might look to install android on it, does anyone know where you would stand with the warranty on this?

Thanks,
    Gary

P.S. Sorry if this was already asked.
    Wouldn't say it is out dated no.
    It ships with kit kat and lollipop will be out for it in a few days.
    Rooting or flashing different roms does not void your warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

2 invites for 64GB version up for grabs if wanted, 2 days on each. Just PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mickeybarry061

Wez,

Id be very interested in one of the invites if still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

i have 2 invites

PM and they are yours !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

Just ordered, looking forward to some serious battery life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cellboy

I've used my oneplus one 64g for 8 days, battery life is perfect! APPs open very fast, some of them are faster than the iPhone 6, but overall I still prefer the iOS system.

So I'm selling it now, anyone interested pls send me a PM, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Would the let the lack of 4g if you're a vodafone customer deter you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Zipppy wrote: »

4G is available in city centre Dublin. A few posters claim to get it in Cork also.

It's the LTE notification in the bar

But otherwise I get H+ outside the city centre and works just fine for me. I'm happy with vodafone and don't intend moving networks

This link explains the different network speeds as I didn't understand them when I got the OPO

Its not available in most places so no.... :)

Wouldn't bother me in the least as most of my Internet usage is over wifi, I have a 4g plan but have never actually received 4g.I think it's a total waste of money,until we have full coverage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement