Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

My OPO shipped today.

Huzzah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭metroburgers

ha I'm 480,267 :rolleyes:... pick me and I'll send you a cup of tea in the post! https://oneplus.net/invites?kolid=TG0USN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Referals don't seem to be having an impact for me anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Apologies if this has been posted already but anybody know what the Euro price will be for the 64GB?

I see a GBP price of £289. That's over 400 yoyos in todays money.

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been posted already but anybody know what the Euro price will be for the 64GB?

For the One Plus Two, I think I seen €399 for the 64GB version. €339 for the 16GB one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Leslie91 wrote: »

€399 for the 64GB
    €339 for the 16GB

Was just looking it up for myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

anybody actually know when invites will be sent out and people can purchase One Plus Two?

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Early August isnt it? 11th I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

My order made on friday was shipped to Italy. If i didn't laugh I think I would cry. Order was made from IE site and address is correct. You just have to laugh. I have to wait until 1pm to contact support. More than likely they will be impossible to deal with. That rules out a oneplus two for me when it becomes available. You really get for what you pay with this crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

medic087 wrote: »
    My order made on friday was shipped to Italy. If i didn't laugh I think I would cry. Order was made from IE site and address is correct. You just have to laugh. I have to wait until 1pm to contact support. More than likely they will be impossible to deal with. That rules out a oneplus two for me when it becomes available. You really get for what you pay with this crowd.

Mine was shipped to Ukraine by accident, but to be fair that was the couriers fault :pac:

Danger781 wrote: »
    Mine was shipped to Ukraine by accident, but to be fair that was the couriers fault :pac:

Did you go with DHL ? unfortunately i went standard so its through royal mail.

medic087 wrote: »
    Did you go with DHL ? unfortunately i went standard so its through royal mail.

When I ordered we didn't have an Irish store so I needed to go via Germany. From OP it got sent to a parcel forwarding service who used Geizhals. I got an email the day before it was supposed to arrive in Ireland saying they found my phone in the Ukraine and refunded me part of the cost of the parcel service. Got the phone a few days later.

So it went Germany > Ukraine > Germany > Dublin > Antrim > Cork (Because of Parcel Motel)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Which is the best place to order one now?
    I am thinking I will get one next week as it SHOULD be a big step up from my current phone. ( Moto G2 )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

vectra wrote: »
    Which is the best place to order one now?
    I am thinking I will get one next week as it SHOULD be a big step up from my current phone. ( Moto G2 )
    Direct from OnePlus (they have an Irish site, check the flag at the bottom of the screen) - only in stock intermittently

Direct from OnePlus (they have an Irish site, check the flag at the bottom of the screen) - only in stock intermittently

So if out of stock there would it work out ok to buy from the main site in dollars?

Would I have to pay anything else if I got one of the foreign sites?
    Duty or vat or whatever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Depends on the site, also worth noting if its chinese it might only have oxygen or color os.

daytob wrote: »
    Depends on the site, also worth noting if its chinese it might only have oxygen or color os.

So which of their sites would be the best bet outside of the Ireland one?

You most likely will get stung for VAT ordering from chinese resellers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Any chance the version 1 price will be reduced with version 2 been released?

Redgirl82 wrote: »

I very much doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

If i buy 1+1 today from the Irish version of the site. Where does it get shipped from and how long am i looking at? Thanks

Shipped from the UK and 2 days if you choose express (and it's in stock).

off topic here a bit, but can anyone tell me is it possible to insure the one plus one with phone insurance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

maddog1983 wrote: »
    off topic here a bit, but can anyone tell me is it possible to insure the one plus one with phone insurance??

What is it you think would preclude it?

I have mine insured with blueinsurance.ie
    What is it you think would preclude it?

My first OPO was the chinese version, couldn't find anywhere in Ireland that would insure it. All places I checked out, the phone had to have been bought in Ire/Uk.

If i buy 1+1 today from the Irish version of the site. Where does it get shipped from and how long am i looking at? Thanks

strongly advise you to go with express I went with standard and it shipped on monday from uk to Italy with royal mail. Not sure if it will ever reach me.

the fact that it was bought from another country?

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    I have mine insured with blueinsurance.ie

My first OPO was the chinese version, couldn't find anywhere in Ireland that would insure it. All places I checked out, the phone had to have been bought in Ire/Uk.

thanks for reply

If you buy from the Irish site it will be fine.

cool appreciate it,is it straight forward im getting my phone monday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Ordered mine last Sunday and used standard post, got it yesterday (4 days later). 1st impressions, very happy with it. Have used iOS for 5-6 years and this is my 1st android venture. Steep learning curve but for the price (i went for the 64GB model) it really does seem to be an awesome phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

davo2001 wrote: »
    Ordered mine last Sunday and used standard post, got it yesterday (4 days later). 1st impressions, very happy with it. Have used iOS for 5-6 years and this is my 1st android venture. Steep learning curve but for the price (i went for the 64GB model) it really does seem to be an awesome phone!

I've had mine for over a year now. Very happy with it. Don't think I could go back to a sub 5.5in phone now.

Thought about upgrading to the Oneplus 2 or maybe the Moto Style, but quickly came to my senses. I really don't need to & there just isn't enough of a leap in specs to justify it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

I ordered mine on a Tuesday and had it on that Friday morning with standard delivery. It's a great phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Eoinzy123

One plus is back on sale, just after ordering the 16Gb with a case. Got the Express Delivery for an extra euro, so now will play the waiting game...

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Redgirl82 wrote: »

Apparently, the price is due to drop, but that could be only in India. I wouldn't expect a massive fall; it's already amazingly cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Should I upgrade to CM12?

Hi all

Anyone upgrade their OPO to CM12?

Im on CM11 at the moment and have no problems.

Just curious if those on CM12 would recommend updating?

Were the initial issues with the CM12 update resolved by another update?

Should I expect any issues if I do upgrade to CM12?

Thanks

Should I upgrade to CM12?

Hi all

Anyone upgrade their OPO to CM12?

Im on CM11 at the moment and have no problems.

Just curious if those on CM12 would recommend updating?

Were the initial issues with the CM12 update resolved by another update?

Should I expect any issues if I do upgrade to CM12?

Thanks

Personally i wouldn't, while the GUI is smoother i feel that battery life has taken a hit with the update to CM12 (i'm currently using 12.0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Where are we ordering the oneplus one and is it a better option than Vodafone's offering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Where are we ordering the oneplus one and is it a better option than Vodafone's offering?
    Direct from OnePlus. The One is better than the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 but more expensive (about 320 delivered vs. 175).

From the OnePlus website? https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-one

Yes it is IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Personally i wouldn't, while the GUI is smoother i feel that battery life has taken a hit with the update to CM12 (i'm currently using 12.0)

Thanks.

What screen on times are you getting?

Thanks.

What screen on times are you getting?

Around 6-7 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

From the OnePlus website? https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-one

Yes it is IMHO.

Is it worth nearly double the cost? I'd be inclined to say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Milltown17

Hi
    Just wondering what is the price of the one plus 2

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Milltown17 wrote: »
    Hi

Type 'one plus two price' into google

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Milltown17 wrote: »
    Hi

€399 for 64gb if bought direct from oneplus . Add postage costs on top of that

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

Is the OPO still worth purchasing? I would be upgrading from a Moto G 2nd Gen which is starting to become laggy and slow. Are there other comparable phones out there in the same price bracket or is the OPO still a great deal? I've looked at the OPO2 but it's a bit too expensive - the 64gb OPO is right on the price for me.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Baxtardo wrote: »
    Is the OPO still worth purchasing? I would be upgrading from a Moto G 2nd Gen which is starting to become laggy and slow. Are there other comparable phones out there in the same price bracket or is the OPO still a great deal? I've looked at the OPO2 but it's a bit too expensive - the 64gb OPO is right on the price for me.

Thanks

If you like the OP2 and can well afford it then buy it. You would probably regret it if you don't. Sometimes a bargain is how you feel about something not how much you saved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement