Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

ieoin wrote: »
    What is the camera quality like? I have a moto g but might upgrade soon.

Lots of camera related posts in the thread worth having a read through. From my experience its good as long as you don't go messing around with the settings too much!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

moodrater wrote: »
    The map above shows outdoor coverage for all services not 4g, for a more realistic map you need to select indoor and 4g only and even then its optimistic.

341909.png

Thanks Moodrater. The pic I posted came directly from a "check your 4G coverage" link but is clearly wrong!!

But I still think your map shows better (even if optimistic) Vodafone 4G coverage than 3 are (optimistically) showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

What time on Tuesdays does the open sale start?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

ooter wrote: »
    What time on Tuesdays does the open sale start?

8am AFAIK.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

8am AFAIK.

Yeah, open now.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Turnaround time seems to be great. Ordered one at 12:51pm Sunday. This morning it's sitting in DHL's delivery facility in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

How much are they today?
    My phone isn't loading the linked page in the OP at the min.

Panthro wrote: »
    How much are they today?
    My phone isn't loading the linked page in the OP at the min.

1+ €299
    Royal Mail €18.99
    Express €19.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

jonny_b wrote: »
    Turnaround time seems to be great. Ordered one at 12:51pm Sunday. This morning it's sitting in DHL's delivery facility in Dublin.

I bought mine Friday and its still processing

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    I bought mine Friday and its still processing

Seriously?! That's strange.. I ordered a screen protector a few hours later and that's shipped too using Royal Mail. The phone was express.

Seriously?! That's strange.. I ordered a screen protector a few hours later and that's shipped too using Royal Mail. The phone was express.

Yeah I picked express as well, says it can take up to 4 business days, guess I just got unlucky

Yeah I picked express as well, says it can take up to 4 business days, guess I just got unlucky

Did you buy off the ie site in euro?

Did you buy off the ie site in euro?

Yeah pretty sure I did

Yeah pretty sure I did

When I claimed the invite it brought me to the uk site, from there I changed back to the ie site then paid. Got invoiced in euro

When I claimed the invite it brought me to the uk site, from there I changed back to the ie site then paid. Got invoiced in euro

Yeah I paid in euro, I paid by paypay with my o2 card, unless that makes a difference

• Advertisement

Yeah I paid in euro, I paid by paypay with my o2 card, unless that makes a difference

Should be ok. Maybe it just takes longer. I went via PayPal.

Should be ok. Maybe it just takes longer. I went via PayPal.

Yeah could be luck of the draw unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rainbowmoose

Mine's currently with DHL in Dublin too. Any idea if they deliver on Paddy's Day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No chance, public holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rainbowmoose

RossieMan wrote: »
    No chance, public holiday.
    Diiiidn't think so lol
    Tomorrow it is, then so. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 bangpromo

Good to know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Just bought a 64gb version and a tempered glass screen protector, not a bad bundle for less than €330!

Should be waiting for me in the maaaaa's house when I get back to Ireland :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

its showing up for me today at 12.40pm as being available ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

8am AFAIK.
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    Yeah, open now.
    cheers lads, just ordered one.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Question for people who own this phone.

Are ye on Android 4.4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Can anybody tell me the story with 4g on this phone? I've glanced through the thread. Am I right in saying it works on Meteor & three but not vodafone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Are ye on Android 4.4?

Delivered unit is on CM11s which is based on 4.4.4

There are some CM12 versions around which are based on Lollipop.

blobbie wrote: »
    Delivered unit is on CM11s which is based on 4.4.4

There are some CM12 versions around which are based on Lollipop.

Don't think I'd be rooting it and getting other roms I'm new to android. I presume there will be over the air updates?

yes, go to settings - about phone - system updates - check updates. if there are any for your phone it will be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

ciano1 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me the story with 4g on this phone? I've glanced through the thread. Am I right in saying it works on Meteor & three but not vodafone?

I would also like to know this. I might pull the trigger today but would need to know 4g works on Vodafone?

breeno wrote: »
    I would also like to know this. I might pull the trigger today but would need to know 4g works on Vodafone?

No it does not support 4G on Vodafone. Band 20 is not supported. It will work on 3G with Vodafone.

breeno wrote: »

No, read a few times on Boards that it doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The phone supports 4g but Vodafone have not fully deployed all the 4g bands/frequencies they own. The 4g band the OPO uses (same as iPhone 5) is not yet deployed.

I don't miss it as I'm either on wifi or getting HSDPA speeds which are more than sufficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Official CM 12 aka the version with Lolipop is on its way...

http://www.zdnet.com/article/cyanogen-os-12-for-oneplus-one-and-yu-coming-in-a-few-weeks/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ordered the 64GB on Saturday.

Arrived in DHL in North Dublin this morning and I expect to get it tomorrow

Only for Paddys Day it'd be in my hands right now :D

Happy days got an email saying it was shipped hopefully I will have it for Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

The phone supports 4g but Vodafone have not fully deployed all the 4g bands/frequencies they own. The 4g band the OPO uses (same as iPhone 5) is not yet deployed.

I don't miss it as I'm either on wifi or getting HSDPA speeds which are more than sufficient.

Thanks for the info guys. Think I'll hold fire for now.

Do you have to use Paypal to buy one? I don't have an account and don't want to set one up! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Do you have to use Paypal to buy one? I don't have an account and don't want to set one up! 

It is PayPal (i dont remember any other option) but you don't have to set up an account, you can just pay through PayPal as a once off thing.

Unless you have some ethical reason not to use paypal......

moleyv wrote: »
    It is PayPal (i dont remember any other option) but you don't have to set up an account, you can just pay through PayPal as a once off thing.

Unless you have some ethical reason not to use paypal......

Ah, I didn't know you could do it as a one off thing.

I didn't want to sign up and attach a debit card... might end up doing it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Are ye on Android 4.4?

On the CM 12 nightly myself. Based off 5.0.2 on the most recent one from 17/03 as I write this.

Very solid altogether, having not one issue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Had to cancel my order yesterday as I ordered the wrong case. Could anyone PM me an invite please?

when you cancelled could you not reorder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Has anyone tried their Silver Bullet Earphones?

Just thought I would update on this in case anyone else is in need of some budget earphones.
    I received mine last week and have used all weekend, I am so far very pleased.
    review HERE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ordered 11.30pm on Saturday night and in my hand at 9am this morning.. can't say much better than than considering bank holiday and all.

Now, to look for a good case..

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Just thought I would update on this in case anyone else is in need of some budget earphones.
    I received mine last week and have used all weekend, I am so far very pleased.
    review HERE

quick question, the cord for the headphones are they both the same size, or is one side longer than the other. I prefer the ones where one end is longer as it means I can have the cable around the back of my neck.

I know it is a small thing but makes a huge difference to me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

quick question, the cord for the headphones are they both the same size, or is one side longer than the other. I prefer the ones where one end is longer as it means I can have the cable around the back of my neck.

I know it is a small thing but makes a huge difference to me....

They are the same length. Same as you, I was expecting one longer than the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Basq wrote: »
    Ordered 11.30pm on Saturday night and in my hand at 9am this morning.. can't say much better than than considering bank holiday and all.

Now, to look for a good case..

Case: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBS1NA0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screen Protector: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KRH80OY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have trawled through the one plus one thread, these popped up quite often as recommendation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Yeah, have been considering the Diztronic but am half thinking a flip case either.

Not sure about getting a screen protector this time round.. those ones are particularly pricey and while I have often used them in the past, have never gotten one for my Nexus 4 and screen still looks perfect after 18 months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement