Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I have both the diztronic and the official flip case. Really liked the flip case as it looks excellent. Diztronic one looks cheap but does the job.

Sadly the official flip case is badly made and only lasted me 2 or 3 months before a crack appeared on the plastic shielding. Its cheap effective and looks great tho. Will be buying one again shortly.

My only fault with the phone is the lack of 3rd party accessories

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Would love an invite if anyone has one handy. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

This is the tempered glass screen protector that I got - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301451274988?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=600396420033&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Its fits great and not a mark on it after a few months.

I know these phones probably don't need a protector but for the sake of a few quid, I think its worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Would love an invite if anyone has one handy. Cheers.

every tuesday you can buy one on the website without needing an invite, but since it was holiday yesterday it was closed. Try waiting next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

podge3 wrote: »
    This is the tempered glass screen protector that I got - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301451274988?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=600396420033&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Its fits great and not a mark on it after a few months.

I know these phones probably don't need a protector but for the sake of a few quid, I think its worth it.

I ordered one with the phone, I knew I was paying more than I needed to but for the handiness of having them delivered together and knowing it will fit perfectly I didn't mind paying extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

marcbrophy wrote: »
    On the CM 12 nightly myself. Based off 5.0.2 on the most recent one from 17/03 as I write this.

Very solid altogether, having not one issue :)

Not sure what nightly is, I presume thats a beta version. Is that version affected by Heartbleed?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.heartbleeddetector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to say more I've read about this phone more I've been interested.

I've a Nexus 4 I got before European release, and while it's served me well, and still does, appears the OnePlus kinda knocks it out of the park in all areas. Was going to simply upgrade to the latest Nexus model, but this is very tempting indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Not sure what nightly is, I presume thats a beta version. Is that version affected by Heartbleed?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.heartbleeddetector

Nightly is simply the style in which the software is created. A different version is made each night, assuming that there's been changes to the codes or bug fixes or whatever that have occurred since the previous day.

These are the most unstable theoretically, as fixing one thing, could cause something else to break.

Nevertheless, the official release of 5.0.x is surely not far off, you might be better off holding out, if you want a more stable software :)

No version of android is susceptible to heartbleed for almost a year as far as I'm aware. This version certainly isn't anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Nightly is simply the style in which the software is created. A different version is made each night, assuming that there's been changes to the codes or bug fixes or whatever that have occurred since the previous day.

These are the most unstable theoretically, as fixing one thing, could cause something else to break.

Nevertheless, the official release of 5.0.x is surely not far off, you might be better off holding out, if you want a more stable software :)

No version of android is susceptible to heartbleed for almost a year as far as I'm aware. This version certainly isn't anyway :)

Thanks. I seem to be the only one to be bothered by Heartbleed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

xtal191 wrote: »
    Phew - bought at the right time!

Good spot!

Now really tempted to buy one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

I'd love a spare invite if anyone has one, gave it a go last night but it wouldn't go through :(

xtal191 wrote: »

Thanks for posting!

I guess I can't stall anymore on buying it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Me too, not stalling and want to buy. Any kind soul have a spare invite, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Money aside, am I still best off with my original plan and waiting for the HTC One M9? Or is this phone actually on that sort of level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

http://versus.com/en/htc-one-m9-vs-oneplus-one
    one of the comments is that you can multy shoot the htc one m9, I have been able to shoot 244 pictures in one sequence using perfectly clear on my 1+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Received this phone today. So far I am pleased waiting from iOS to android. First timer. Have been on iOS since the iPhone 3GS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Milltown17

Hi folks just wondering if anybody has a spare invite for a 16gb phone

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭francozola

If anyone has a 64GB invite PM me:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

francozola wrote: »
    If anyone has a 64GB invite PM me:)

Me too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Have the One Plus One a few months now and love it. I was tempted by their official bamboo case but at €40 it's a bit pricey. Picked up a case on eBay from Head Case designs for €7 instead. A decent alternative for the price. When you put it on, it has a lip on the front so if you place it face down on your desk it keeps the screen off it so avoids scratches.

Here's the link to their wooden designs: http://m.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_nkw=Head+case+designs+wood+art&isNewKw=1&_sop=12&_pgn=1&epp=24&itemId=&fads=1&mfs=SBCLK&acimp=0&sqp=Head+case+designs+wood+art&_trksid=p2053742.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XHead+case+designs+wood+art

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I ordered mine on Saturday, was delivered yesterday, didn't expect it that fast at all, cover I ordered from Ebay hasn't even arrived!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

@SeanyMc22: can you whack up some pics of it on the phone please?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

No stock left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Mine is "pending shipment" since Tuesday evening but if my invites arrive before Tuesday I'll throw them up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I have an invite for a 64g one phone if anyone wants it. First pm to me gets it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I have an invite for a 64g one phone if anyone wants it. First pm to me gets it.

PM sent :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Can I join the long list of those requesting an invite for 64gb via PM? Many thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Done

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

If I wait till Tuesday morning will I be able to order one without invite ?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

I've just been sent 2 invites for 64Gb model, available to the first 2 people who PM me - just in case you really can't wait until Tuesday!

Cheers,
    Eddie

Edit - both gone now...

hatchman wrote: »
    If I wait till Tuesday morning will I be able to order one without invite ?

yes, that's the last tuesday where you can get the device without needing an invite on it's "current price". It will change after Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

5star02707 wrote: »
    yes, that's the last tuesday where you can get the device without needing an invite on it's "current price". It will change after Tuesday.

What was the full price? Thought the price change was a permenanent change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

fast_eddie wrote: »
    I've just been sent 2 invites for 64Gb model, available to the first 2 people who PM me - just in case you really can't wait until Tuesday!

Cheers,
    Eddie

Edit - both gone now...

just bought. thanks for the invite.

dahat wrote: »
    What was the full price? Thought the price change was a permenanent change?

299 euros for now for 64gb model then it'll be 349eur after Tuesday.

I believe delivery is around 20euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Would love an invite if anyone would be so kind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Looking for an invite please.

• Advertisement

No stock left

Huh??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

€50 isn't really a significant price hike. Unfortunate how the Euro is going at the moment, across the board I've had to hold of on buying stuff as the exchange rates have hit the floor, really concerning.

Still not 100% sold on this, reading up about some concerns over the OS on the phone and the future of it, so might hold of a little longer and see how things pan out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

TheDoc wrote: »
    €50 isn't really a significant price hike. Unfortunate how the Euro is going at the moment, across the board I've had to hold of on buying stuff as the exchange rates have hit the floor, really concerning.

Still not 100% sold on this, reading up about some concerns over the OS on the phone and the future of it, so might hold of a little longer and see how things pan out.

Going to England in two weeks and £220 cost me €309, shocking. Anyone buying in £ is crazy just now.

Phone seems to be going well for those who bought so far so hopefully it does hold up. 349 plus 20 does get pricey though for me.

TheDoc wrote: »

I wouldn't be too bothered about the Cyanogen/OnePlus falling out or whatever people call it. I was going to wait until a week or two after the OS was updated (March 30th) and see what people were saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

In case its of interest here's a summary of the bustup between CyanogenMod and Oneplusone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Finally got an invite on the OPO forum, it can be frustrating with scammers and people trying to sell invites but you will get it within an hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Finally got an invite on the OPO forum, it can be frustrating with scammers and people trying to sell invites but you will get it within an hour

How do you get an invite on the forum? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

ciano1 wrote: »
    How do you get an invite on the forum? :(

I saw recent updates on a thread and there was a code in there. This was mid-morning though. Americans were still in bed.

Incidentally, if it tells you that the code is not for your country, take it anyway. Log in on the Irish site and it will be in your account all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mackcracknsack

Are the phones not on a general sale to the public every Tuesday??!!??
    First come first serve obvs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

I got my oneplus one yesterday. I've decided to send it back under the 14day return policy. Switching from iOS has proved to be too much for me. Or if anyone wants to take it for €280 be my guest

Advertisement