Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I have an invite in my e-mail - if I forward this I assume someone here can use it? First to PM gets it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

jonny_b wrote: »
    I got my oneplus one yesterday. I've decided to send it back under the 14day return policy. Switching from iOS has proved to be too much for me. Or if anyone wants to take it for €280 be my guest

Hey Jonny, It will take a couple of days to get used to, like any new phone/software. Id stick with it til Sunday and see if you don't like it still. I know a lot of people who went IOS to Android and vice versa and it took them a few days to get used to the OS changes.

But I'm sure someone on Adverts will snap it up even if you used it for a week.

ciano1 wrote: »
    How do you get an invite on the forum? :(
    There is an invites forum, you need to be quick though, whenever someone says they have an invite send them a PM immediately with your email address. It can be frustrating but you will get one within 30 minutes or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

I got my oneplus one yesterday. I've decided to send it back under the 14day return policy. Switching from iOS has proved to be too much for me. Or if anyone wants to take it for €280 be my guest

Is that the 16gb or 64gb model?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PharcydeXP

If its 64gb version, ill take it off ya. PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I have 2 invites for 64GB sandstone black. First PM's win.

I flashed lollipop onto mine yesterday and really loving it. Battery life has increased.

Edit: Both invites gone, if not used by tomorrow I will send to the next people in line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I got an invite but when i go to buy it it comes up as dollars and shows a US charger? Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

iggy wrote: »
    I got an invite but when i go to buy it it comes up as dollars and shows a US charger? Any ideas?

Click the flag at the bottom of the page and change to IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Have they put up the price by 50 euro yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

hi all

any invites going?

• Advertisement

Slaanesh wrote: »
    I have 2 invites for 64GB sandstone black. First PM's win.

I flashed lollipop onto mine yesterday and really loving it. Battery life has increased.

Edit: Both invites gone, if not used by tomorrow I will send to the next people in line.

Have u an easy tutorial of how to put lollipop on it?
    Don't want to set mine up and then have to wipe it.
    Would rather do what I have to do before.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Spurion

god's toy wrote: »
    Have they put up the price by 50 euro yet?

Nah that's happening on Wednesday

Has anyone who ordered in the last couple of days received an invite to share? Wondering how long it is taking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Has anyone who ordered in the last couple of days received an invite to share? Wondering how long it is taking

Invites aren't issued at a set period. They are released in relation to available stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Have u an easy tutorial of how to put lollipop on it?
    Don't want to set mine up and then have to wipe it.
    Would rather do what I have to do before.

I'd wait for the official lollipop from oneplus one due in the next 10 days
    http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile-phones/oneplus-one/22978/oneplus-one-android-lollipop-update-confirmed-march-30

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That article seems to suggest that both CM12S and OxygenOS will be available? :confused:

Does that mean people with the phone can choose between Cyanogenmod and Oxygen's version of Lollipop?

I can't decide whether to go for the OPO or wait for Galaxy S6, but the latter will invariably be more expensive, even with a contract. Having it repaired is a bit of a sticking point for me and the OPO at present.

Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

byte wrote: »
    That article seems to suggest that both CM12S and OxygenOS will be available? :confused:

Does that mean people with the phone can choose between Cyanogenmod and Oxygen's version of Lollipop?

That's correct, people will have both options but Cyanogenmod upgrade will be much easier. For OxygenOS you will have to install a new ROM.

Cheers.
    Will phone have to be rooted and bootloader unlocked to get the new official lollipop?

Cheers.
    Will phone have to be rooted and bootloader unlocked to get the new official lollipop?

No just a click on software update an that would be it

No just a click on software update an that would be it
    Thanks. That's sounds a lot better than rooting, unlocking bootloader etc.

• Advertisement

Thanks. That's sounds a lot better than rooting, unlocking bootloader etc.

Mines on the way should have it tomorrow so will be interesting to get it running lollipop and compare it to my galaxy note 3 running cyanogenmod 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Mines on the way should have it tomorrow so will be interesting to get it running lollipop and compare it to my galaxy note 3 running cyanogenmod 12

Hey Skippy, not sure of you're asking for help on how to do this, or just stating that you will be doing it. :D

I know some basic about unlocking the bootloader and root and custom ROMS and that, but have been spoiled in the past by nexus root toolkit doing these things for me.

Unfortunately NRT doesn't work with OPO, so it's a bit more of a manual process. Decided to follow the steps in this blog post below and had the thing running the latest CM 12 nightly after about an hour max.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/

TBH, I installed SlimKat for Bacon first to see how that ran, before moving to CM 12. That took up most of the hour! I think CM 12 runs very good personally. Haven't had an issue yet, except for FB bugging out on me a few times, but I'm in the beta program with them, and after the next update, it worked fine again!

Must look into this oxygen os, see what it's about :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Did you order Tuesday?

I wish I did now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Did you order Tuesday?

I wish I did now :(

You can still order next Tuesday for 299.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Did anyone who ordered Tuesday get an invite they would like to share?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

marcbrophy wrote: »
    ....... but have been spoiled in the past by nexus root toolkit doing these things for me.

Unfortunately NRT doesn't work with OPO, so it's a bit more of a manual process........

WUG has a Bacon Root Kit for OPO 16 & 64 http://www.wugfresh.com/brt/

blobbie wrote: »
    WUG has a Bacon Root Kit for OPO 16 & 64 http://www.wugfresh.com/brt/

Do u know if Sky Go will work if I use this toolkit to root?
    Or will it work if I only unlock bootloader?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Do u know if Sky Go will work if I use this toolkit to root?
    Or will it work if I only unlock bootloader?

Not sure. AFAIK Sky GO doesn't work on rooted devices https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/sky-go.75105/page-2

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Hey Skippy, not sure of you're asking for help on how to do this, or just stating that you will be doing it. :D

I know some basic about unlocking the bootloader and root and custom ROMS and that, but have been spoiled in the past by nexus root toolkit doing these things for me.

Unfortunately NRT doesn't work with OPO, so it's a bit more of a manual process. Decided to follow the steps in this blog post below and had the thing running the latest CM 12 nightly after about an hour max.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/

TBH, I installed SlimKat for Bacon first to see how that ran, before moving to CM 12. That took up most of the hour! I think CM 12 runs very good personally. Haven't had an issue yet, except for FB bugging out on me a few times, but I'm in the beta program with them, and after the next update, it worked fine again!

Must look into this oxygen os, see what it's about :pac:

No Ok for help thanks anyway what I meant to say was I have an unofficial cm12 version by temasek running
    on my note 3 so i thought it would be Interesting to compare that with the one plus one cm12 version on their phone...i think the oxygen will interesting also

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

my order was just refunded?
    I was wondering why I had not got it yet.
    Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

I sold mine on fairly fast yesterday. Never stepping away from iOS again. I found android too laggy. Happy with my choice. The phone itself was a nice piece of kit, a little too big for me though. I can see why people like it. Just not for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Alabama72

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Anyone else?

when did you order?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

14th March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

No Ok for help thanks anyway what I meant to say was I have an unofficial cm12 version by temasek running
    on my note 3 so i thought it would be Interesting to compare that with the one plus one cm12 version on their phone...i think the oxygen will interesting also

No worries at all. The link may help someone else, if they need it :)

I think you'll have a fairly similar experience between the 2 devices. CM 12 official nightly's are very solid at the moment. Guess that's why they've committed to an official CM 12S release only a week from now.

There's so many ROMs for this phone though, wanna try them all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

I sold mine on fairly fast yesterday. Never stepping away from iOS again. I found android too laggy. Happy with my choice. The phone itself was a nice piece of kit, a little too big for me though. I can see why people like it. Just not for me though.
    oh wow, complete opposite from me, IOS is too restricted and intrusive and itunes is a piece of crap software! never switching to IOS ever again.

using the net on my gf mac and nothing would play or stream and ads EVERYWHERE!

With the oneplus one i was able to use it with zero bloatware and install ad blockers and other useful apps that simple aren't on IOS

To me it sounds like you went on a hunch and got a OPO and instantly felt unfamilur with it and didn't give it a chance to tweak and adjust it to your liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

You can still order next Tuesday for 299.
    I know, I just wish I had it now

Anyone else?

Did you order using Paypal once-off or sign in to pay through Paypal?
    Did you get any emails from OnePlus?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Milltown17

Hi folks
    Any invites floating around.im looking for a 16gb invite or can someone tell me how I get a invite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

If you think you have lag, why not give performance mode a shot?
    Many one plus owners have no idea that out of the box its running in 'balanced mode' that is to say the core CPU clocks only ramp up when called on to do so by a heavy cpu intensive app.

While this is fine for most end users, I myself have found the stutter of waiting for the CPU to get to full turbo beans makes the phone look like its lagging at times and to those who don't know any better hesitant behavior, stutter or 'lag' means a slow phone... Yea right...

Anyhoo I have solved this by leaving it 'performance mode' at all times unless I know I'm not going to be needing it for some time. You can even add the toggle switch to the quick drop down menu bar for quick changing on the go.

Can't say I have seen the battery get more hammered than leaving it in 'balanced' mode so for me at least its a win win! As the device is always snappy and battery looks to be unaffected.

I know, I just wish I had it now

Did you order using Paypal once-off or sign in to pay through Paypal?
    Did you get any emails from OnePlus?

I signed in and paid through paypal .
    I just got a refund ,no explanation .

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭somedood

Any invites floating about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

I signed in and paid through paypal .
    I just got a refund ,no explanation .

could be that the code you entered for buying it has been used alrady by someone else hence the refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kaka2001

I have an invite if someone needs.

Picked up the S5 this week from an earlier BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭OneWayBet

Anyone else?

I ordered on Tuesday, it is currently in the Processing state. Was hoping to have it today :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

OneWayBet wrote: »
    I ordered on Tuesday, it is currently in the Processing state. Was hoping to have it today :(

Managed to get an invite and ordered last night, the status is 'pending shipping' for me. If I get refunded I'll lose my mind!

kaka2001 wrote: »
    I have an invite if someone needs.

Picked up the S5 this week from an earlier BA.

PM me if you're feeling generous.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kaka2001

somedood wrote: »
    PM me if you're feeling generous.

thanks

Sure, let me know if that doesnt work. I just copy and pasted from the email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Ordered Tuesday and got it today. I can't connect it to the Bluetooth in my 2012 Golf, anyone else having similar issues?

Same here! Itching for it to get here :)

Same here! Itching for it to get here :)

kaka2001 wrote: »
    Sure, let me know if that doesnt work. I just copy and pasted from the email.

That worked.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement