Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSB St. Patrick's Festival 5k - 15th March 2015

Options
  • 10-03-2015 12:15pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I Don't see a thread anywhere for this one.

It's €20 by Friday, €25 on the day.

Link: here
    Last Years thread

Are many planning on racing this? Seems to get good reviews in the past.

St.%20Patrick1s%20Festival%205k%202015%20(2)_page_001.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

I'll be there. I ran it two years ago and really enjoyed the atmosphere. Hopefully congestion at the start, due to roadworks on Dawson Street, won't be too much of an issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I'm in. Anyone get their number in the post yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Brigantes

Anyone received their race numbers in the post yet?

Bit concerned as we're already on the 10th...

I don't see a route map online this year either. It looks like the start has moved to Dawson Street, but it would be nice to see the route like last year.

back to the old route, maybe?
    https://connect.garmin.com/activity/2541111

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I got my number in the post this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Let's hope they get the distance right this year. Would be nice to see some form of statement that the course had been measured by an official AAI course measurer. I'm signed up anyway. Like the race, despite the previous problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RayCun wrote: »

Yeah from the course map they have posted it looks like they are back to the new route alright...

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yeah from the course map they have posted it looks like they are back to the new route alright...

Do you have a link? Can't find it anywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Brigantes wrote: »
    Do you have a link? Can't find it anywhere!

Just from the flyer, it says the start/finish is on Dawson street in front of the masion house
    http://registration.precisiontiming.co.uk/events/preview?id=32&EventNAme=St_Patricks_Day_Festival_5k_2015

The course route would be the same as the garmin link ray posted above if so...

Number was waiting at home, no map but it says 'the traditional route'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Signed up for this too and got my number in the post today. Looking forward to this - last did it in 2009. Fairly unusual bib/ chip timer yoke with some critical instructions that need to be followed!

Am I right in saying you pick up the goody bag and t-shirt before the race - from 10am, rather than afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

Killerz wrote: »
    Am I right in saying you pick up the goody bag and t-shirt before the race - from 10am, rather than afterwards?

That was the case last year. Not sure about this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Yep I'm doing this. I'm organising a charity run at work and we are piggy backing on this one. 100+ people from my job doing it. My first race of the year too after a long lay off with injury. Looking forward to it.

haven't got my number yet but I was onto Race Director who said he understood precision were posting them out at the weekend. My Mam is doing it too and I know she got her number in post today. I think you only get it posted to you if you registered before Feb 27th. Otherwise presume you collect on the morning of race?

I have a copy of the planned route at work but looking at your link there , that looks like it alright from memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Got my number in the post yesterday; "61", better stand on the front line with that bad boy, NOT...

Number was waiting at home, no map but it says 'the traditional route'

Map was emailed out yesterday, it's the route in the Garmin link above

Still no number in the post! Looks like I'll be making a trip to Race HQ on morning of race:(

RedRunner wrote: »
    Still no number in the post! Looks like I'll be making a trip to Race HQ on morning of race:(

Yep, me too. I registered in January, specifically because I didn't want the bother of having to driving up to Dublin earlier than I had to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Always a great race, and super course.

Slight wind in some parts of the course, but mostly balanced off.

Great to finish on Dawson Street, with so much great support.

Started way to far back (about 1 min to get to the start line) , even with my low expectations for the day, but enjoyed picking off the groups all the way around. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Results are up http://www.precisiontiming.net/result.aspx?v=2473

Super race...very fast course, great atmosphere...perfect conditions. My previous PB was last year at this race but I couldn't really count that as the course was short....so set myself a PB this year (although my Garmin said the course was 150m but lets not even go there! :) ) I'm guessing I didn't run the optimum line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

22:06, gun time around 23 minutes, tells its own story! I was so far back at the start, that I spent the first mile bobbing and weaving in and out of runners much slower than even me !! Didn't bother looking at my watch as a result. I put on a decent sprint at the end, passing about five runners in the last 60 metres, but afterwards I felt like I had hardly raced at all. Looking forward to reading the reports; at a quick glance it seems like at least several Boardsies had very good days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

That was a very fast race. I slowed down a bit around the 3km mark and thought I had recorded a rubbish time but I managed a 21.41 which is only 30 seconds off my PB.
    Well organised race and great support on the sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Well, I enjoyed my day at the races! No PB though but that was entirely my fault; I had to stop and tie my shoelaces just after the start. Note to self: Check shoelaces before the race!

I finished in 39:49. I'm not terribly happy with that but you live and learn and I'll know for next time! After the race I walked home, then walked into town for lunch then back home again so I know I had it in me to do better at the race.

I'll have a full report on my blog and training log later!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 blamon

Did anyone fine the net time wrong me and a few of my friends are times where off by our garmin approx 4 seconds. . I know it's not a lot but it would have been a PB if the garmin was correct.. just funny 3 others where 4 seconds out also..

blamon wrote: »
    Did anyone fine the net time wrong me and a few of my friends are times where off by our garmin approx 4 seconds. . I know it's not a lot but it would have been a PB if the garmin was correct.. just funny 3 others where 4 seconds out also..

Yes, my net and gross time were the same for some reason. 13 secs out. So I'll go by my watch time instead.:)

Really enjoyed this race. My first official 5k race. I may be back for more!

Yes, my net and gross time were the same for some reason. 13 secs out. So I'll go by my watch time instead.:)

My times not up yet. In fact my bib number is showing someone else! Guess these things happen once in a while?

Did any find it a bit over 5k? I certainly didn't take any long routes around corners but my Garmin shows 5.15k. Don't get me wrong my time was great so I'm not complaining! Just wondered if anyone else did too, especially after last year showing short. Could be GPS I guess.

Really enjoyed this race. My first official 5k race. I may be back for more!

Good stuff! Parkruns are always a good option too.

Good stuff! Parkruns are always a good option too.

Done a good few Park Runs but those are not races ;)

• Advertisement

My times not up yet. In fact my bib number is showing someone else! Guess these things happen once in a while?

Did any find it a bit over 5k? I certainly didn't take any long routes around corners but my Garmin shows 5.15k. Don't get me wrong my time was great so I'm not complaining! Just wondered if anyone else did too, especially after last year showing short. Could be GPS I guess.

Yes,mine was a tad long according to the watch too and I thought I kept the racing line mostly but I guess buildings might interfere a bit so I wouldn't be paying too much attention to it.

Advertisement