Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Summer Kit Order

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Lads the quality of this stuff is not great - the green kit, which hasnt really got a lot of use since last year, has worn down quite a bit.

When I say worn down I'm talking about the seat area on the bibs. Its incumbunt upon every cyclist in bib shorts not to wear worn out bibs.If you've ever cycled behind someone in a pair, you'll know what I mean !

Not sure about the pink kit yet, or even this one, I'm assuming they're similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Lads the quality of this stuff is not great - the green kit, which hasnt really got a lot of use since last year, has worn down quite a bit.

When I say worn down I'm talking about the seat area on the bibs. Its incumbunt upon every cyclist in bib shorts not to wear worn out bibs.If you've ever cycled behind someone in a pair, you'll know what I mean !

Not sure about the pink kit yet, or even this one, I'm assuming they're similar.

which kit are you on about then? I only received mine this week and I think the quality is better than most of my gear, and better than the previous boards jersey I have (about 3 yrs old now).

which kit are you on about then? I only received mine this week and I think the quality is better than most of my gear, and better than the previous boards jersey I have (about 3 yrs old now).

The lime green one. I think the last edition ( before this one here ) was pink, and it looks to be the same. The one before that..from 2013/2014 I think was the lime green.

Jerseys seem to fine - just the bibs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm confused. What are you complaining about? The quality of a jersey that is a couple of years old?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭rollingscone

The lime green one. I think the last edition ( before this one here ) was pink, and it looks to be the same. The one before that..from 2013/2014 I think was the lime green.

Jerseys seem to fine - just the bibs.

I've only gotten the last two kits both LGBT sets and the bibs have been excellent so far albeit I haven't been putting in huge mileage.

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    I'm confused. What are you complaining about? The quality of a jersey that is a couple of years old?

The bibs from the green kit are ****e. Are the bibs from the orders after that the same ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The bibs from the green kit are ****e. Are the bibs from the orders after that the same ?

Thats your opinion.

The current supplier is Verge. I've no issue with their gear. I have other gear I prefer but there is nothing wrong with the verge gear

Thats your opinion.

The current supplier is Verge. I've no issue with their gear. I have other gear I prefer but there is nothing wrong with the verge gear

Its not an opinion - they have worn prematurely. Unless I got a bad pair ? The pink kit from 2014 hasn't had the same usage, but neither one has been used heavily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭cython

Its not an opinion - they have worn prematurely. Unless I got a bad pair ? The pink kit from 2014 hasn't had the same usage, but neither one has been used heavily.
    I've a set of the green bibs from what I believe was the original Verge order (second half of 2013, looking at PMs), and I can't say there's much wrong with the quality. Judging from the bolded below, I think you're suggesting being able to see a bit "too much" through them/crack kills/etc.?? If so, then I would have to wonder about whether it is the verge kit you mean, or if you got a dud pair, as the set I have actually has 2 layers of material, and they're both pretty heavy as cycling shorts go, and I would have figured that the second layer was at least in part to avoid just that issue?

All orders since the first Verge order have been placed with the same supplier, so would probably be similar, though I think the "tiers" of the products may have changed a bit in that time, so they may not necessarily be exactly the same construction.

Lads who is collecting their caps? Sorry not
    Organised this morning and will be collecting the gear shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,768 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Think I selected the post option but if its hassle I can collect it next week.

cython wrote: »
    I've a set of the green bibs from what I believe was the original Verge order (second half of 2013, looking at PMs), and I can't say there's much wrong with the quality. Judging from the bolded below, I think you're suggesting being able to see a bit "too much" through them/crack kills/etc.?? If so, then I would have to wonder about whether it is the verge kit you mean, or if you got a dud pair, as the set I have actually has 2 layers of material, and they're both pretty heavy as cycling shorts go, and I would have figured that the second layer was at least in part to avoid just that issue?

All orders since the first Verge order have been placed with the same supplier, so would probably be similar, though I think the "tiers" of the products may have changed a bit in that time, so they may not necessarily be exactly the same construction.

I've said my piece so make of it what you will. I've seen one other boardsie whose white a**e was almost illuminating the road around him, so its worth checking.

Perhaps we both got dud pairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

I'll drop over and collect from Dav.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Hey Godtabh,

I cannot collect today, but I can collect on Monday if that's ok?

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I have green bibs from 2013 order and they are very translucent on the sides by now, not on the back thankfully. Or are they? :eek: Have cycled in them 1 season only.

Not too happy about them either way.

Colm18, you should start thinking about replacing your pink ones... nothing too serious yet, but slowly... and surely... ;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Alek wrote: »
    I have green bibs from 2013 order and they are very translucent on the sides by now, not on the back thankfully. Or are they? :eek: Have cycled in them 1 season only.

Colm18, you should start thinking about replacing your pink ones... nothing too serious yet, but slowly... and surely... ;)

Ah, so that's why you were panting so heavily on the spin yesterday :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

YOU ARE WRONG.

:D

I left 5 in boards HQ. I have the rest. Maybe able to post today but likely tomorrow.

If any one is doing the Evil tomorrow I can also hand deliver

Alek wrote: »

Its the type of wear and tear that creeps up...until you're passing by a bunch of giggling aul ones, and you might wonder..hmm, wonder what they're so happy about...

Its the type of wear and tear that creeps up...until you're passing by a bunch of giggling aul ones, and you might wonder..hmm, wonder what they're so happy about...

They'd want to have good eye sight

• Advertisement

They'd want to have good eye sight

Indeed. Maybe one day I'll be a size XL. :D

I left 5 in boards HQ.

Just collected mine so there's 3 left now! :cool:

Thanks again to godtabh & Dav for pulling the order together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

I was due to collect and I still have to collect my bibs and s/s top too.

If you are due to collect confirm with dav first.

Lads for those who I have address for they will be posted today but it appears that I still have a few left over.

Can people PM me your address again just to make sure I have it right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

If you've any jerseys or jackets in XL or bibshorts in XL/L left over, I'd be interested.

There is a couple of large bib shorts left. Size L. 67.50. If interested send me a PM

There may also be left over gear from a past order but you would need to speak to Dav about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Cool, going to check in with Dav and see if there's any matching kits lying about Boards HQ, if not will give you a shout.

Cheers Godtabh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Cap arrived in the post today. snazzy piece of kit and fits perfectly.

Thanks for sorting that order Godtabh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Crocked wrote: »
    Cap arrived in the post today. snazzy piece of kit and fits perfectly.

Thanks for sorting that order Godtabh

+1 on that - Thanks

Good stuff. Still have a few left over. PM if you didn't get yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭jamesd

Got my cap yesterday in the post, very nice.
    Thanks very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cap arrived in the post, thank you.. Very nice design, but its fecking tiny and doesn't fit.

It is a nice cap though, but very small.

Cap arrived in the post, thank you.. Very nice design, but its fecking tiny and doesn't fit.

I'd take it off your hands head. You ever in city centre?

Unfortunately I have the same issue!

• Advertisement

colm18 wrote: »
    I'd take it off your hands head. You ever in city centre?

I'm working in Templebar tonight and tomorrow night if you're about.

I'm working in Templebar tonight and tomorrow night if you're about.

pm sent

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You can get head reduction surgery these days lads.

Just letting you know in case you're very attached to the caps. :)

awec wrote: »
    You can get head reduction surgery these days lads.

You obviously haven't seen how good looking I am?.. This head DOES NOT shrink!!

Got my cap as I was going out the door Wednesday morn and forgot about it as its in a pannier bag. Cheers godtabh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

Ill take it off u, im around Clonskeagh all day tomorrow and wednesday. What is the price? Thanks

byrybak wrote: »
    Ill take it off u, im around Clonskeagh all day tomorrow and wednesday. What is the price? Thanks

12.50 I think. Live up the road but not sure what time I'll be back from work. Can post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

12.50 I think. Live up the road but not sure what time I'll be back from work. Can post

Great pm me ur paypal and ill make a payment straight away. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

I'm hoping the postie brings mine today.

I'm hoping the postie brings mine today.

Can you PM me your details to double check it was sent

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Picked the caps up last week from Dav. Thanks for organising it Godtabh. Fit is snug but wore it for 4 hours on Saturday without any problems.

Looks the part just wondering how they will wash. Better ask the other half...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

del_boy13 wrote: »

I have a cap from the last order and been washed loads of times. No fade / erosion of design.

del_boy13 wrote: »

I have a cap from the last order and been washed loads of times. No fade / erosion of design.

I washed my new one last night and it turned out perfect. Just hand washed it in lukewarm water with a sprinkle of Daz. :)

Just a question about the jerseys from this and the last order if anyone could answer. What cut were they, race, sports or club? I know the lime where sport. cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭devonp

i got the newest kit, jersey and bibs
    they are "relaxed/ core" got the medium jersey and they are relaxed defo, normally a small or medium here depending on diet fitness etc..
    certainly not race cut

• Advertisement
Advertisement