Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS 350

Options
  • 10-03-2015 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭

After a recent spate of break ins in our neighborhood, it turns out windows are being removed, thus by passing the window sensors. I would like to keep my kitchen PIR live at night so at least there's some chance of it being activated if someone does this.

Last night (not best timing - I know:o), I was playing around with the alarm key pad - I think I had the engineers code 1278 because it seemed to allow me to adjust the sensitivity of the back door (we had loads of false alarms on this sensor).

Anyway, long story short, I armed the thing :eek: and couldn't get it deactivated - ended up opening a door to set it off, removing the box cover and battery and pulling the main fuse.

Anyone any idea the cost of getting this reprogrammed - would want the engineers code so small things like battery replacement, sensitivity / deactivating sensors I can do myself?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Prices vary a lot for callouts. Can be anything from €50 to over €200.
    Where are you located?
    As always shop around?.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Yeah cheers for that, I'm in Dublin 15 so will go about sourcing someone. Might give tradesmen.ie a go and see who's interested.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Make sure you use a PSA licenced installer.
    Check the register in the sticky.

Had a craic at it when I came back from work - thanks to the wealth of info here looks like the engineer code is one of the default ones, so managed to reconnect the battery and mains fuse. I'm assuming the settings for the zones are still in the memory? Anyway got a manual downloaded as well so will have a tinker this weekend as see how I get on.

Fair play to you. If you get into any bother you know where we are.

• Advertisement

Ok, so spent yesterday afternoon tinkering with system - I have (what looks like) and engineer's and user manual, so plenty of information to got on. Reset the personal code and privileges. Time and date correct and engineers log cleared.

I've managed to identify the 4 shock sensors and set the Gross and pls values to 6 & 6 - high enough not to produce a false alarm hopefully.

My back door takes a fair bit of effort to set it off - this was causing issues on windy days. So I remounted the magnet on a piece of timber that brings it a bit closer to the sensor.

How do I go about working out which sensors (shock / PIR / extry & exit) are associated with which zone?

I have 2 PIR's in the house that don't seem to be active i.e. when I set the system to full, wait in the living room and walk into either the hall or kitchen they don't activate. What I would like is for the rear PIR to be active in part guard - that way, even if someone removes the window pane, the PIR will pick them up. The definitely worked previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Ok, so spent yesterday afternoon tinkering with system - I have (what looks like) and engineer's and user manual, so plenty of information to got on. Reset the personal code and privileges. Time and date correct and engineers log cleared.

I've managed to identify the 4 shock sensors and set the Gross and pls values to 6 & 6 - high enough not to produce a false alarm hopefully.

My back door takes a fair bit of effort to set it off - this was causing issues on windy days. So I remounted the magnet on a piece of timber that brings it a bit closer to the sensor.

How do I go about working out which sensors (shock / PIR / extry & exit) are associated with which zone?

I have 2 PIR's in the house that don't seem to be active i.e. when I set the system to full, wait in the living room and walk into either the hall or kitchen they don't activate. What I would like is for the rear PIR to be active in part guard - that way, even if someone removes the window pane, the PIR will pick them up. The definitely worked previously.

If you go into maintenance you can walk test each zone individually.
    The PIRs attribute needs to be not in partset to have it on.
    Did these devices work before you defaulted the system?

altor wrote: »
    If you go into maintenance you can walk test each zone individually.
    The PIRs attribute needs to be not in partset to have it on.
    Did these devices work before you defaulted the system?

Yeah thanks I'll have a go at the walk test - yeah the pirs worked fine before. Has removing the mains power and battery defaulted them?

Yeah thanks I'll have a go at the walk test - yeah the pirs worked fine before. Has removing the mains power and battery defaulted them?

Make sure the factory link is in place to stop this happening.
    Walk test will tell you if they are working or not.
    Are there resistors in the sensors also?
    Loop type need to be set to dual or single depending on how they are set up.

Make sure the factory link is in place to stop this happening.
    Walk test will tell you if they are working or not.
    Are there resistors in the sensors also?
    Loop type need to be set to dual or single depending on how they are set up.

Not sure about factory link. When I isolated the power, and powered back up, I could still set the system - so can get the perimeter armed okay. Didn't go messing with any wiring or resistors - there is an option on dual / single so maybe have a go at selecting the opposite one to the option that's selected and see if that works

• Advertisement

Not sure about factory link. When I isolated the power, and powered back up, I could still set the system - so can get the perimeter armed okay. Didn't go messing with any wiring or resistors - there is an option on dual / single so maybe have a go at selecting the opposite one to the option that's selected and see if that works

If you could still set it with your code it did not default.
    The link is removed and the system down powered and powered up to default to factory setting if not locked.
    The loop type would be the same also.
    I would walk test to make sure they are working.

Ok thanks for that will walk test it in the morning and see what happens

Ok thanks for that will walk test it in the morning and see what happens

Let us know how you get on.

Ok so walk test fone and zones identified and updated on panel - 6 zones in total. Happy enough with what I've found - zone 5 seems to do the pirs in the hall and kitchen (2 of them). One in hall works - one in kitchen not 100% (can't get an activation).

I've a feeling it's in the 'zone type' menu - what zone type is associated with each zone? Also I can associate tamper, key, exit / entry, alarm as typical to each zone (front door to allow us time to get out while arming).

Also attributes - I'm setting up the part guard so it doesn't activate the zone 5 pir

Ok so walk test fone and zones identified and updated on panel - 6 zones in total. Happy enough with what I've found - zone 5 seems to do the pirs in the hall and kitchen (2 of them). One in hall works - one in kitchen not 100% (can't get an activation).

I've a feeling it's in the 'zone type' menu - what zone type is associated with each zone? Also I can associate tamper, key, exit / entry, alarm as typical to each zone (front door to allow us time to get out while arming).

Also attributes - I'm setting up the part guard so it doesn't activate the zone 5 pir

Not a great set up if they are on the same zone.
    Are you sure they are both set this way?

The PIR in the hall would be set as an alarm type.
    It also need to be set as access for access when an entry/exit route is used, plus set up for partguard.

Have managed to configure part guard so the internal pirs are deactivated. Was going to try and amend this to include the pirs on the part guard but delay until it alarms to allow for resetting the panel when coming down stairs.

I've also programmed the entry / exit onto zone 1 (front door) and the zone 5 pir - seemed to work when leaving the house.

I have 4 shock zones and set all to gross 6 and pulse 6 - all shock zones work when banged hard enough, zone 3 is the back door and it acitivated on the walk but the gross and pulse values are low - this one was giving me gip with false alarms.

Any idea how to adjust the gross / pulse on the back door - it's a magnetic contact

Have managed to configure part guard so the internal pirs are deactivated. Was going to try and amend this to include the pirs on the part guard but delay until it alarms to allow for resetting the panel when coming down stairs.

I've also programmed the entry / exit onto zone 1 (front door) and the zone 5 pir - seemed to work when leaving the house.

I have 4 shock zones and set all to gross 6 and pulse 6 - all shock zones work when banged hard enough, zone 3 is the back door and it acitivated on the walk but the gross and pulse values are low - this one was giving me gip with false alarms.

Any idea how to adjust the gross / pulse on the back door - it's a magnetic contact

The lower you go the more sensitive you are making the sensor.
    If it is the only sensor on that zone there may be a fault with it.
    Only way of knowing is testing it with a meter.

The lower you go the more sensitive you are making the sensor.
    If it is the only sensor on that zone there may be a fault with it.
    Only way of knowing is testing it with a meter.

Thanks anyway sure I'll have a play around with it and see how I get on with the sensitivity. Worst comes to worst I'll put in a new back door sensor if it's playing up

Thanks anyway sure I'll have a play around with it and see how I get on with the sensitivity. Worst comes to worst I'll put in a new back door sensor if it's playing up

No probs, any other question let us know.

Reckon have the alarm sussed - thanks for all the help here - a couple of questions to give me piece of mind:

Rear door - when you do a walk test, it gives the gross and pulse readings. Mine look low (around 1 gross from memory). Can i change these when this is displayed on the panel after I've activated from walk test?

Want to put PIR's on part guard, which is not an issue (just de-select zone 5) - just want to prevent activation when I come down in the morning .can I time it from detection to the alarm activating?

• Advertisement

Reckon have the alarm sussed - thanks for all the help here - a couple of questions to give me piece of mind:

Rear door - when you do a walk test, it gives the gross and pulse readings. Mine look low (around 1 gross from memory). Can i change these when this is displayed on the panel after I've activated from walk test?

Want to put PIR's on part guard, which is not an issue (just de-select zone 5) - just want to prevent activation when I come down in the morning .can I time it from detection to the alarm activating?

PMed you the manual off the system.

The gross and pulse setting can be adjusted in the zone menu.

Advertisement