Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ecstasy and Ketamine are currently legal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

5starpool wrote: »
    Some of the responses in this thread are ridiculous, well most of them actually.

If there is a need to pass emerency legislation to stop the sale of these drugs then it should be done as quick as possible, which it is being.

By the sounds of people here most of you would be happy to see every convicted drug dealer in our jails go free.

hold on there, so if you agree with drugs being legalized that means your response is ridiculous :confused:

I for one am completely against prohibition and criminalization of drug users

this "war" has utterly failed and has only made scumbags very wealthy and powerful, cant you see a new approach is badly needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Threads like this tend to draw out the scummers.
    Speak for yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

kingtiger wrote: »
    hold on there, so if you agree with drugs being legalized that means your response is ridiculous :confused:

I for one am completely against prohibition and criminalization of drug users

this "war" has utterly failed and has only made scumbags very wealthy and powerful, cant you see a new approach is badly needed

The debate's being going around in circle for near a decade. Those who favor the current situation reinforce a failed status quo. Governments hire advisers and then when they produce recomendations that go contrary to their ideologies they just ignore them i.e the U.K.
    War on drugs is a sham, most people can see that.
    Prosecution only exaberates the problem and as you mention just keeps the merry go round going for scumbags, where prohinbtion is their bread and butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Some of the responses in this thread are ridiculous, well most of them actually.

If there is a need to pass emerency legislation to stop the sale of these drugs then it should be done as quick as possible, which it is being.

By the sounds of people here most of you would be happy to see every convicted drug dealer in our jails go free.

Well I for one as a citizen and a person who pays large amounts of tax in this state would prefer if ecstasywas sold legally and made in proper laboritories.
    It has been well proven that ecstasy is fairless harmless and being frank , it's being taken by the barrell load anyway.

So the benefits to society and the state out weight the cons by a long shot.

And yes - if anybody was convicted of merely possession of drugs I'd let them free.

Guilty of accompanying crimes such a violence etc... no for obvious reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Would the chemists stock ketamine. For pain.

Nope. If they did, I'd be tucking into more than a potato & rosemary soup for lunch :p

libelula wrote: »
    Nope. If they did, I'd be tucking into more than a potato & rosemary soup for lunch :p

Well la de fcukin' da.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭wilhelm roentgen

Would the chemists stock ketamine. For pain.

Neigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Regretamine

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Until 11.30 tonight when the Dail sits to pass the new laws.

Until the president signs on the dotted line maybe tomorrow evening Thursday morning a the latest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

It's better than paying good money to lock up people for selling drugs that are less harmful or addictive than currently legal drugs such as nicotine or alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Does this mean we can tax drug dealers for 2 days?

I'd actually be interested in seeing how much revenue that brings in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Dublin city centre will be awash with legal junkies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Does that mean that we can all trade drugs on boards now ??

adverts.ie ??

For a limited time only! Come and get it while's still fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

So at present we have a situation where cannabis is illegal, but crystal meth is not. You have to laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Bag of yokes under me bed there if anyone has a horse to trade.

PM...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Shame it's not the weekend. It would have been fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

Funny how RTE have not put up anything about this. Unbiased news, eh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Steodonn wrote: »
    Until the president signs on the dotted line maybe tomorrow evening Thursday morning a the latest

So you're saying all we have to do is kidnap the president and we could have the greatest paddies day on record?!

So you're saying all we have to do is kidnap the president and we could have the greatest paddies day on record?!

Hague eat yer heart out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

So theoretically a club could openly sell Ecstasy from the bar, if only this was the norm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

seanbmc wrote: »
    So theoretically a club could openly sell Ecstasy from the bar, if only this was the norm.

I think it's only cases of possession that have fallen victim to this loophole. Not the sale or supply of any drug

Effectively, until Thursday; the possession of certain drugs has been decriminalised.

The most progressive step ever made by the Irish government in relation to drugs and it's due to their own ineptitude and a complete accident :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Funny how RTE have not put up anything about this. Unbiased news, eh

http://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2015/0310/686021-drugs/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

So at present we have a situation where cannabis is illegal, but crystal meth is not. You have to laugh.

Get off your arse Jesse, we need to cook! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Anyone able to get odds on this hastily constructed new bill being as shaky as the first and the same thing happening down the line? This is literally history repeating itself on the same day. Bill gets struck down for being shaky due to its kneejerk drafting. Solution: Kneejerk drafting of a new bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

But yeah, never mind your 4/20, Ireland has 3/10 now. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

**Bjorks pill testing booth now open!**

Don't try to get high on a lie> you might die

^^Slogan copyrighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Right ... stick a few bricks in the washing machine and that's be sorted for the night:

Da fukken neck on your man at 36 seconds, Jesus!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So if their illegality was unconstitutional, does that mean a referendum is needed to make them illegal again?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So yokes are legal and maniac 2000 is number one in the charts. Deadly

• Advertisement

^^ Not working for me strobe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Right ... stick a few bricks in the washing machine and that's be sorted for the night:

those old skool videos always make me lol :D:pac: yup yup:pac:

The roof is on fire!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Does this also mean that
    boards will also have to change its charter on drugs disccussion for a short period as well?

<hides>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

conorh91 wrote: »
    You'll always get a few extremists who think all drugs should be legalized. I wouldn't mind them.

Yeah, them extremists like Portugal and Czech Republic. Mad heads on them.

Czech Republic being an interesting one - legalised the possession of all drugs for 10 years, then recriminalised - found addiction rates went way up, then legalised again. So, looking at actual data rather than some kind of moral highground.

Not a hope of any such enlighted and sensible drugs policy in Ireland - can't even pass a medical marijuana bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

This makes no difference to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

This is great stuff altogether. All the imbeciles will kill themselves.

I'm all for this period actually. Let darwin work with free hands for a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So if their illegality was unconstitutional, does that mean a referendum is needed to make them illegal again?

:D

No. It was not their illegality that was unconstitutional. It was the manner they were made illegal that was unconstitutional. A simple redrafting of the relevant law and all will be well again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

That's more or less my position, yes. Unless they have also been convicted of violent crimes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_wJtnVUIAAvYn6.jpg

A pic for the weekend coming up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

They couldn't have done this at the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I love this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Going to get fecking wacked off a few horse tranquilzers tonight. GOD BLESS THIS DAY.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

CruelCoin wrote: »
    This is great stuff altogether. All the imbeciles will kill themselves.

I'm all for this period actually. Let darwin work with free hands for a few days.

I know people that have been taking drugs for the best part of their whole lives and are still alive.I cant see how a couple of days of drugs being "legal" will cause a surge in the number of people dying from them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

That's more or less my position, yes. Unless they have also been convicted of violent crimes.

So you have no problem with some one who imports tons of heroin or meth and makes millions of the suffering for fellow humans ? As long as he is an alright guy that is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Advertisement
Advertisement