Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dunshaughlin

Options
  • 10-03-2015 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I’m thinking about making the move to Dunshaughlin. It’s a town I know fairly well having travelled through it on the old N3 over the years but less so recently with the M3.

I have a couple of questions which I hoped some locals could answer

1) How long does the drive to Dublin (city centre) take at 7.30am & 5pm on weekdays on the old road? I don’t think taking the new road would be so beneficial and paying the toll on top would be a bit costly.

2) From what I’ve seen there aren’t that many restaurants in the town so on the odd occasion how much would a taxi cost back from Dublin? Or Ashbourne and Ratoath? Both are quite close so I presume getting a taxi back shouldn’t be an issue?

3) I know in times gone by there used to be really heavy traffic on the N3 and terrible traffic jams entering and exiting the town but with the new M3 has this taken much traffic away from the town?

4) The bus service seems very regular in town although I haven’t heard great things about the 109 before. From Dunshaughlin does it get you into town at the stated time of 45 minutes?

Other observations about the town - good seeing there is a regular airport bus which saved on parking fees. I know there isn’t much choice about supermarkets in the town with the one being quite expensive so I’ll probably head to Ashbourne for the weekly shop.

Is there anything in particular that would be useful to know about the town in general?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Roger50

Hi there,
    I was wondering if you ever moved to dunshaughlin in the end? I'm in a similar situation myself and trying to gather as much info as possible before deciding to move

Thanks

Advertisement