Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I correct that bankcharges of 1 cent transaction, apply to contactless payments?

Options
  • 10-03-2015 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Just looking at myfee noification statement, all transacions are charged at 20 cent per transaction. I probably do atleast one contactless payment a week. My friend checked her fees too, same result.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

2 stroke wrote: »
    Just looking at myfee noification statement, all transacions are charged at 20 cent per transaction. I probably do atleast one contactless payment a week. My friend checked her fees too, same result.
    Hi 2 stroke,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Before February 23rd, Contactless payments would have been free of charge. Your fee notification statement you have received would be for the period between 24th November 2014 to the 20th February 2015. This would mean that only regular debit card transactions would be included on your Fee Notification statement. These were 20 cent each, and there would be no Contacless transactions listed in your fees.

In your next Fee Notification statement, you will notice that the breakdown will include Contactless transactions, which will indeed be charged at 1 cent per transaction. Please find our Schedule of Fees and Charges brochure here for more information.

I hope this clarifies this for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Thanks Sarah. Guess I was just shocked at the amount of fees being charged and looking for an error. It's a major struggle keeping my account in credit at the moment. Do you really have to take fees just before the end of the month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

2 stroke wrote: »
    Thanks Sarah. Guess I was just shocked at the amount of fees being charged and looking for an error. It's a major struggle keeping my account in credit at the moment. Do you really have to take fees just before the end of the month?
    Hi 2 stroke, 

Thanks for your post.

To help with future Fee notifications please see the scheduled dates which fees will be deducted here

I hope this helps, 

Janette

Advertisement