Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Aprilia Decals

• 10-03-2015 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭

Lads, anyone use this crowd for decals or even seen the work they do?
    Need a few fairing ones but only if they are top notch!
    http://www.bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What are their prices like? I got decals before off ebay, originals are never worth the money. Always crazy compared to replicas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

blade1 wrote: »
    Lads, anyone use this crowd for decals or even seen the work they do?
    Need a few fairing ones but only if they are top notch!
    http://www.bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm

I used them and for my Mille :P They do love to fall over it seems. Their prices are very reasonable. I think I paid something like €60 for most of one side and some other bits and pieces. I think I might get their nose cone and tailpiece graphics because they're stand alone graphics.

Their quality is grand but it isn't as good as the original stuff or close. Definitively not good enough for butting up against original graphics but if you were changing all adjoining graphics they might be okay. I think you'd want to know someone really good at fitting these things to get them to fulfill their potential.

I think a lot of the Aprilia graphics are conducive to simplification if you're not looking for factory correct. Below is a before and after (sort of) of the reproduction graphics I'm going to have made to clean up my bike which will be by no means have time or money lavished upon- I just want to clean it up...

341708.jpg

341709.jpg

I'm extremely busy at the moment but I might try to get some closeups of the ones I had fitted over the weekend if I can find the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Cienciano wrote: »
    What are their prices like? I got decals before off ebay, originals are never worth the money. Always crazy compared to replicas
    I was on to yer man on the phone and I am waiting for him to get back to me.
    cantdecide wrote: »
    I'm extremely busy at the moment but I might try to get some closeups of the ones I had fitted over the weekend if I can find the time.

Thanks for that cantdecide, if they are a bit different I probably won't use them.

Lads,Can anyone point me in the right direction about these decals.
    Even original ones or someone that can make exact copies.
    The bike is a 2003 RSV-R.
    I need the nose cone stickers for around the headlight and both sides of the fairing.

065E0631-426E-4528-B4E2-CCB7C0DA7047_zpslali62oj.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

Orignal decals - Ultimate Parts Ltd

ultimateparts.net

Roadcraft wrote: »
    Orignal decals - Ultimate Parts Ltd

ultimateparts.net

Thanks Roadcraft,I have came across a similar one to that already but I'm not sure what's the exact ones I need by the poor illustrations they use.
    I can find other years no problem.

If you're thinking about going down the road of new OEM I'd call a dealer with the VIN#. I think there's a main dealer up north or else I'd be calling somewhere in the UK. I presume the bike came from across the channel originally anyway. At least you know they'll be right then. Are you on RSVR.net? I'd be calling the lads in apriliaperformance.co.uk/ I don't think they're agents but it seems what they don't know isn't worth talking about. I got a few bits for mine off them and they're extremely approachable...

cantdecide wrote: »
    If you're thinking about going down the road of new OEM I'd call a dealer with the VIN#. I think there's a main dealer up north or else I'd be calling somewhere in the UK. I presume the bike came from across the channel originally anyway. At least you know they'll be right then. Are you on RSVR.net? I'd be calling the lads in apriliaperformance.co.uk/ I don't think they're agents but it seems what they don't know isn't worth talking about. I got a few bits for mine off them and they're extremely approachable...

Fair play, that's some good info!!!!
    I joined the Apriliaforum and messaged a guy that apparently is the guy to talk to but he never got back to me.

Was onto the guy in Image Works twice but he never got back to me.
    There's original Aprilia Nose Cone Stickers for a 2002 RSVR on e-bay for under €130 delivered.
    They are a little different but not much.
    Not sure if I'd settle for them though.

Ok I may have got them sorted.
    This crowd on e-bay have every other sticker for all years and colours except the one I am looking for.
    However they said they can order it so waiting for them to get back to me.
    Below is basically what I am looking for but that is for a yellow RSV-R

57EF8D35-747E-43F3-A853-87C38D6E9C76_zpsvuk35j0s.png

• Advertisement

Ordered this!
    By the time I bought the decals, fixed the broken piece of my own, got someone to apply decals properly and lacquer over them, it would probably be around the same price.

5532976E-8685-4363-942B-AC6FE80C4027_zpstqug03s0.png

Nice job. When it comes to paint and graphics, what you think will happen is rarely what subsequently happens :pac: Mine's going to the menders soon for the above to be carried out :)

it was 400 delivered so not too bad considering the decals alone are 270 sterling off aprilia.
    No messing either,just bolt it onand it's genuine Aprilia aswell.

Advertisement