Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Cup - Day 26 - Sco v Sri

Options
  • 10-03-2015 3:40pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭

35th Match, Pool A: Scotland v Sri Lanka at Hobart
    Mar 11, 2015 (14:30 local | 03:30 GMT)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I cant see Scotland getting anything out of this one, they just dont seem to play well enough at the highest level

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Couple of centuries on the board and a big score likely. 4th consecutive ton for Kumar

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Kumar could score 200 if he really wants to, total level above these Scotland boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

3 quick wickets makes it more respectable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

The partnership makes 100. Steady as she goes.

1194254.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Before match, I had a thought that I'd like SL to bat first to give opportunity for Kumar to claim a unique record. Dilshan in terrific form as well.

Not just in rugby.

WoodenSpoons101.gif

pajor wrote: »
    Not just in rugby.
    I think a little unfair as Scotland did well to qualify, winning qualifying tournament in Feb last year ahead of the likes of Netherlands, Namibia, Hong Kong etc.

They have competed well, gave NZ a scare, forced Bangladesh to make big chase, and gave a thriller of a match against Afghanistan which frankly they lost.

axe2grind wrote: »
    I think a little unfair as Scotland did well to qualify, winning qualifying tournament in Feb last year ahead of the likes of Netherlands, Namibia, Hong Kong etc.

They have competed well, gave NZ a scare, forced Bangladesh to make big chase, and gave a thriller of a match against Afghanistan which frankly they lost.

They have been competitive and I'm definitely not saying they shouldn't have been in the WC, but none the less - 0 wins out of 5 matches.

pajor wrote: »
    They have been competitive and I'm definitely not saying they shouldn't have been in the WC, but none the less - 0 wins out of 5 matches.
    And will most likely be 0 from 6.
    UAE may end up the same though I'm gunning for them to beat West Indies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Poor Scotland.

3 world cups and 16 years and still no wins.

Feel for them a bit, they've batted pretty well vs Bangladesh and at times in other games. Just couldnt get the bowling and batting to click at the same time though. Have to say with the way they were playing in the warm ups this campaign has to be seen as quite disappointing.

Also, Haq is sent home for tweeting that he was dropped today due to racist selectors. Pretty stupid thing to do

Advertisement