Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

The viewers get to choose the judges' categories this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

MelanieC wrote: »

Well that's interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Seems like a bit of a pointless gimmick.

I was watching the top 10 X Factor moments last night on TV3 (Joe McElderry's audition #1, whut :confused:) and it made me realise how much I'll miss Louis :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I thought Cheryl said they would all have one from each category, I would like that, viewers voting for it just seems stupid imo. To be honest, I used to look so forward to X factor each year and this year I'm a bit meh! I'm more looking forward to CBB.

• Advertisement

So er apparently Cheryl...yes Cheryl...is to be an executive producer for this series. It should be an almighty success eh :eek:

fr336 wrote: »
    So er apparently Cheryl...yes Cheryl...is to be an executive producer for this series. It should be an almighty success eh :eek:

I'd say that's just a contractual thing. Her agent probably negotiated it for her so she'd get royalties. Pretty standard on TV shows for actors to do this, it doesn't necessarily mean they get much input into how the show is run.

Five days :eek: :eek: Only feels like 5 minutes since I was shouting along to ONLY THE YOUNG (Last year really wasn't too bad imo, though I guess I was mainly happy to have Simon back and the insomnia judges such as Gary Borelow and Miss Personality Nicole gone)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Five days :eek: :eek: Only feels like 5 minutes since I was shouting along to ONLY THE YOUNG (Last year really wasn't too bad imo, though I guess I was mainly happy to have Simon back and the insomnia judges such as Gary Borelow and Miss Personality Nicole gone)

Yes ShoutyMan,wonder if he will be following anyone this year.He was gas.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

MelanieC wrote: »

How many more things can Simon change this year?! Can't be very many, surely... :eek: :eek: :D:D

This latest change has probably shortened the odds of him getting the Girls category for the first time on this side of the Atlantic (he got it in the first season of the US version), at what would be the sixth time of asking (he got the Groups in 2007 and 2010, the Boys in 2008, and the Over 25s in 2009 and 2014). :o:D;)

• Advertisement

You could say that technically he had the girls in 2006 when he had the '16-24s' and Leona Lewis won it for him :p

AUDITIONS

SATURDAY, August 29 - 8pm - 9.30pm
    SUNDAY, August 30 - 8pm - 9pm
    SATURDAY, September 5- 8.15pm - 9.30pm
    SUNDAY, September 6- 7.45pm - 9pm
    SATURDAY, September 12 - 8pm - 9.15pm
    SUNDAY, September 13 - 8pm - 9pm
    SATURDAY, September 19 - 8pm - 9.30pm

BOOTCAMP

SUNDAY, September 20 (Country House Boot Camp) - 7pm - 9pm
    SUNDAY, September 27 (Country House Boot Camp) - 7pm - 9pm
    SUNDAY, October 4 (6-chair challenge) - 7pm - 9pm
    SUNDAY, October 11 (6-chair challenge)- 7pm - 9pm
    SUNDAY, October 18 (6-chair challenge) - 7pm - 9pm

JUDGES' HOUSES

SATURDAY, October 24 - 7.30pm - 10pm
    SUNDAY, October 25 - 7.30pm - 9pm

LIVE SHOWS

SATURDAY, October 31 - 8pm
    SUNDAY, November 1 - 8pm

SATURDAY, November 7 - 8pm
    SUNDAY, November 8- 8pm

SATURDAY, November 14 - 8pm
    SUNDAY, November 15 - 8pm

SATURDAY, November 21 - 8pm
    SUNDAY, November 22 - 8pm

SATURDAY, November 28 - 8pm
    SUNDAY, November 29 - 8pm

SATURDAY, December 5 - 8pm
    SUNDAY, December 6 - 8pm

SATURDAY, December 12 - 8pm
    SUNDAY, December 13 - 8pm

Is that right? For 4 Saturdays there's no show? :confused:

Edit: it can't be right, bootcamp and judges houses both just last over one weekend, that shows bootcamp is on for a whole month. And only 6 live show weekends.

Edit 2: forgot about RWC. But 6 live show weekends doesn't seem like enough?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great to see the schedule and to see its not really too impacted by the rugby World Cup.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is that right? For 4 Saturdays there's no show? :confused:

Itv have the rugby World Cup on in September and there's games on Saturday.

ITV released that schedule today so 99% sure it's right (as long as Digital Spy wrote it down correctly also :p)

Edit 2: forgot about RWC. But 6 live show weekends doesn't seem like enough?

I count 7 live weekend shows. They're only having 3 in each category this year afaik.

4 make it to the final weekend and two double elimination weeks and you've got 12 contestants.

Oops sorry 7 live show weekends. Obviously cutting some out which is a pity. I'd prefer them to cut down on the auditions. It's going to seem so drawn out now. There'll be a good few double eliminations this year!

Loughc wrote: »
    I count 7 live weekend shows. They're only having 3 in each category this year afaik.

4 make it to the final weekend and two double elimination weeks and you've got 12 contestants.

Ah makes sense if they're just having 12. I imagine they'll drop 2 the first weekend then, so they've another 5 weeks to lose 6/7 before the final.

Maybe they are cutting here and there so that the remainder has more money spent on it. I hope :P A new set and titles etc would be nice too :O

• Advertisement

Maybe they are cutting here and there so that the remainder has more money spent on it. I hope :P A new set and titles etc would be nice too :O

God I couldn't care less about the titles or set. I'd much rather more shows! It's really crazy how long the pre-live show stages are going on for. They're going on longer than the live shows. 7 shows alone for the initial auditions is complete overkill.

The more that I hear about this year's series, the less interest I think I'll have.

God I couldn't care less about the titles or set. I'd much rather more shows! It's really crazy how long the pre-live show stages are going on for. They're going on longer than the live shows. 7 shows alone for the initial auditions is complete overkill.

The more that I hear about this year's series, the less interest I think I'll have.

We haven't seen a minute of the show yet :P It's apparently a big year for changes, so there may be many we don't know of. Judging it on previous year's standards is perhaps unfair but we'll see.

Simon has said in an interview earlier this year that the public prefer the auditions and bootcamp shows over the live shows, but the reality of the matter is my biggest problem with the lives are the bloody theme weeks, get rid of the silly themes and let them sing what they want and then you'll have an interesting live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Simon has said in an interview earlier this year that the public prefer the auditions and bootcamp shows over the live shows, but the reality of the matter is my biggest problem with the lives are the bloody theme weeks, get rid of the silly themes and let them sing what they want and then you'll have an interesting live show.

I stopped watching after the second live show last year. I just couldn't watch it anyone. I agree the theme shows are pointless especially when they don't stick to the theme and, for example, turn a rock song into a rap to suit a particular singer. If someone is a rapper let them do rap songs, don't try to make them versatile.

That's odd, going by my 11 years of watching I thought the live shows was where it really came together and the ratings potential shot up....I do like the minor tweaks they've made but want lots more, live judges houses for instance should be kind of cool

That's odd, going by my 11 years of watching I thought the live shows was where it really came together and the ratings potential shot up....I do like the minor tweaks they've made but want lots more, live judges houses for instance should be kind of cool

They wouldn't be able to go to their fancy locations if they were to do live judges houses though.

They wouldn't be able to go to their fancy locations if they were to do live judges houses though.

They are doing live judges houses! :P http://www.reveal.co.uk/showbiz-celeb-gossip/news/a665106/x-factor-changes-live-judges-houses-viewers-decide-categories.html

Caroline and Olly will anchor it from the studios in Wembley with the judges and acts around the world.

They are doing live judges houses! :P http://www.reveal.co.uk/showbiz-celeb-gossip/news/a665106/x-factor-changes-live-judges-houses-viewers-decide-categories.html

Caroline and Olly will anchor it from the studios in Wembley with the judges and acts around the world.

Aaah :D

Did anyone see lulu on the new cadbury's ad??? :D

• Advertisement

Simon said: “I think our show does feel better – the talent is really great.

“And so, if it’s us versus Peter Andre, I’ve got to put my money on us.”

:D:D

Advertisement