Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,604 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

^ That is very good. And his 6 chair challenge song is great as well

And they have Dannii as a judge. That makes it better regardless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Leroy42 wrote: »
    ^ That is very good. And his 6 chair challenge song is great as well

And they have Dannii as a judge. That makes it better regardless

the married couple were unreal also. Their "winners single" is really worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Poor Olly...not only has he been slated for his presenting skills, but Rita Ora had to get one last dig in....

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 86,276 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Louisa don't make No. 1 in the singles chart especially not for Crimbo, what's her competition Coldplay, Adele and Bieber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope Louisa don't make No. 1 in the singles chart especially not for Crimbo, what's her competition Coldplay, Adele and Bieber

The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl, don't forget the Pogues and Kirsty MacColl!

(They're currently at #20 - up from #58 last week...)

:o:o:o:D:D:D;););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Only thing is profits go to children's charity and British govt are going to match it, refund the VAT or something like that. Johnson's single that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭PressRun

On a sidenote, if you want to see a proper x factor version check out the Australian x factor youtube videos for this year. All bar one or two of the contestants were extremely talented, the staging is excellent, the group performances are ridiculously good and the winner, Cyrus, is one of the most talented pop stars i have seen on these shows. oh and unlike Louisa he has a personality and is humble and very likeable. He is only a year older than Louisa so her age can't be any excuse in this comparison but she is getting on my proverbial tits repeatedly saying stuff like "all she ever wanted was to be a superstar and look at me now!" or "all i have ever wanted is fame and a superstar life".

That guy Cyrus is great. He's got a real natural musicality in his voice, it doesn't sound forced at all, and he also plays both the piano and guitar. I'm impressed to actually see a proper musician on one of those shows.

PressRun wrote: »
    That guy Cyrus is great. He's got a real natural musicality in his voice, it doesn't sound forced at all, and he also plays both the piano and guitar. I'm impressed to actually see a proper musician on one of those shows.

this is him at twelve years old. cowell would never be able to handle or nurture that talent. He would take the guitar and piano away from him and lock him in a torture room with One Direction and Westlife playing simultaneously unti all his natural talent is sucked away and he just becomes another cog on the wheel of manufactured pop.

Hope he gets the right team behind him and we hear more from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

What did Ora say i cant hear im a ma bit deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

That only 2 people had made an impression, Leona and Louisa.

• Advertisement

That only 2 people had made an impression, Leona and Louisa.

She is jumping the gun there,nobody knows how Louisa [or as i like to call her Banshee] is going to fair.

Leona Lewis' career fairly fizzled out too after a couple of years. They might not be the best singers in the world (not anywhere close to it in fact, as evidenced by their abysmal performance at the final), but One Direction are by far and away the biggest X Factor success.

Although, I think I read somewhere that Carrie Underwood is actually the most successful artist to ever come off a talent show, in terms of how much she makes a year.

Leona Lewis' career fairly fizzled out too after a couple of years. They might not be the best singers in the world (not anywhere close to it in fact, as evidenced by their abysmal performance at the final), but One Direction are by far and away the biggest X Factor success.

Although, I think I read somewhere that Carrie Underwood is actually the most successful artist to ever come off a talent show, in terms of how much she makes a year.

would have thought it was between Leon Jackson or Mary Byrne, no?? Learn something new everyday.......

And I wouldn't say that Kelly Clarkson is far behind.

Or Adam Lambert. Or even Carly Rae Jepsen...

(I do quite like CRJ, as you may gather. :o:o:o:o;))

Anyway, Louisa has only entered the chart at #9.

Safe to say, then, that she's out of the running for #1 on 25 December. :o:D

And with "Fairytale of New York" only having gone up to #15 from #20 (well, maybe next year...), it's pretty much a two-horse race between the Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Choir, with their mash-up of Simon & Garfunkel and Coldplay, and Justin Bl00dy Bieber (who's currently at #1, #2 and #5).

And I wouldn't say that Kelly Clarkson is far behind.

Or Adam Lambert. Or even Carly Rae Jepsen...

(I do quite like CRJ, as you may gather. :o:o:o:o;))

Didnt realise CRJ came out of the talent show circuit.Well you learn something new every day.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Didnt realise CRJ came out of the talent show circuit.Well you learn something new every day.

Third in Canadian Idol 2007. ;)

Here's her audition:

Anyway, Louisa has only entered the chart at #9.

Safe to say, then, that she's out of the running for #1 on 25 December. :o:D

And with "Fairytale of New York" only having gone up to #15 from #20 (well, maybe next year...), it's pretty much a two-horse race between the Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Choir, with their mash-up of Simon & Garfunkel and Coldplay, and Justin Bl00dy Bieber (who's currently at #1, #2 and #5).

Is that the lowest entry ever for a winner?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that the lowest entry ever for a winner?

Yes, it is. :o:D;)

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35136381

Who are the judges on that Canadian Idol clip,i dont recognise any of them.

• Advertisement

dubstarr wrote: »
    Who are the judges on that Canadian Idol clip,i dont recognise any of them.

Sass Jordan, Farley Flex, Zack Werner and Jake Gold.

Needless to say, none of them are well-known outside of Canada. :o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

That's gotta sting a bit. At least Joe McElderry had a campaign against him.
    Surely Cowell will have to accept how far the show has fallen now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Why they picked that song for the winners single I'll never know it's an awful song, delighted it's doing so bad.

I wonder how RegBol's version would have done, both should have been released :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I'm hearing Fleur East's name a lot more often than Ben Haenow on the wireless. Proving again you don't have to win to be successful.
    I would say Louisa will slip into X-factor obscurity for the rest of the year, album release in time for X-F 2016, then slide back into the background with Ben and most of the other winners. Great voice, but not much else for the moment.

Loughc wrote: »
    Why they picked that song for the winners single I'll never know it's an awful song, delighted it's doing so bad.

its most definitely not an awful song, it just has no right to be covered by 99% of "artists". Dylan couldn't sing himself to be fair very well but his voice lent itself perfectly to that number. the song is a bloody lullaby essentially so it should just be a personal keepsake for Dylan. Definitely not a damn x factor pop song.

Was it Rita Ora who said Louise and Leona are two best credible artists from the show or something like that, both are dull zero personalities

It's not a suitable winner's single for the X Factor, and certainly not for a 17 year old aspiring pop star. It doesn't represent the kind of artist she's likely to be and is completely irrelevant to her demographic.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I'm hearing Fleur East's name a lot more often than Ben Haenow on the wireless. Proving again you don't have to win to be successful.
    I would say Louisa will slip into X-factor obscurity for the rest of the year, album release in time for X-F 2016, then slide back into the background with Ben and most of the other winners. Great voice, but not much else for the moment.

i think the dogs on the street knew Ben "Herenow, Gone Tomorrow" would slide into obscurity within a few months once Cowell had fulfilled his obligotary contract with him whilst Fleur had the makings of a popstar the moment she covered Uptown Funk BEFORE anyone even knew of the song. He was an awful winner, might be better suited to a pop rock cover band group along the genre of bands like bon jovi. Thats honestly, i believe, his limit. He has nothing unique, both vocally or personality wise , no stage presence really and apart fom his looks is rather forgettable?

• Advertisement

Ben is a glorified pub singer and that's all, I'm afraid.

Advertisement